Thread: Crossbow causes crashes

Question Crossbow causes crashes

I don't know what's going on, but when Lara fires the crossbow, the game crashes.

(In depth details):

Lara will fire the crossbow once. Then, when she fires it a second time, the game crashes.

All other weapons and everything else are working fine.

Its just this weapon.

I also got an addeffect added to the explosive arrows. (in the script)

And I got the CUST_DARTS command also using an addeffect

just wanted to put that out there.

How about getting rid of that AddEffect?
    If the crossbow does not crash the game then, you'll at least know it is related to the AddEffect.
    If it walks like a duck and if it quacks like a duck, it IS a duck.

Question

I tried taking out the addeffect, but the game still crashes and generates this error... again.

Question

Version=1.2.2.7
    Date: 4 January 2014 (22:30:8) Size=1765376 bytes
    CRS=Disabled
    Last diagnostic mexage:Released %s @ %x - RefCnt = %d .... No sense here...
    Last directX error:

MEMORY CODE MAPPING:
    BASE START END #ID PLUGIN
    -----------------------------------------------------
    10000000 10001000 10129000 0 Tomb_NextGeneration.dll
    -----------------------------------------------------
    ............... QUICK DIAGNOSTIC LOG ...............
    WARNING: level "castletitle.TR4" has a version (1.2.2.1) different than current dll
    At moment of crash the program was managing:
    also, this addeffect says it has a "stand-alone to apply to the mesh abdomen. Does that mean the crossbow bolt mesh is abdomen?

I'd use JOINT_SINGLE_MESH for it...

I just thought of something... the crossbow mesh is generated by the game and does not have an objectID like any other placed objects have. So... should AddEffect even be used in this case?
    I think it is best to post your scripting for the addeffect and all that so someone can have a look at it.

okay, here my script:

Customize= CUST_AMMO,CROSSBOW_AMMO1_ITEM,14,90,20,90,IGNORE,IGNORE,IGNORE,196,IGNORE,IGNORE,IGNORE

Customize= CUST_AMMO,CROSSBOW_AMMO2_ITEM,17,10,10,0,IGNORE,IGNORE,20,196,IGNORE,IGNORE,IGNORE

Customize= CUST_AMMO,CROSSBOW_AMMO3_ITEM,25,50,10,90,IGNORE,IGNORE,5,196,IGNORE,3,IGNORE
    The add effect for the crossbow (I had already took it out)

AddEffect= 3, ADD_FLAME, FADD_FIRE_STRIP, JOINT_ABDOMEN, 0, -128, 175, -1, -1, 255, -1, MIST_COL_RED, IGNORE, IGNORE

Well, looks like you did the right thing with the AddEffect=.
    It has ID number 3 and this is also used in the CUST_AMMO command.

Have you tried JOINT_SINGLE_MESH yet?

No I haven't tried the joint_single_mesh yet,....

And it was solved, due to the fact the CROSSBOW_BOLT had all its meshs cleared. That wasn't good. So replace the orignal CROSSBOW_BOLT The CROSSBOW_LASER was a completely different weapon, so replaced that with the correct CROSSBOW_LASER. (that first the weapon) And removed SHATTER objects 1 and 3. The first and the last shatter objects, has that is what causes the crash: Last diagnostic mexage:Released %s @ %x - RefCnt = %d

remember that, next time anyone else recieves that crash report. Its because of the SHATTER object limit. You'll have to remove the first shatter object and the last shatter object.