Thread: Vampyr Sentinel Skin

Vampyr Sentinel Skin

Originally Posted by BR0sephStalin
    Bro, who cares about lore? Lore is for nerds. Just make cool looking skins. The current ones suck.

/thread
    Legacy of Kain is an awesome series of games that is based on its heavy plot among other things. The "lore for nerds", as you said inspired a whole generation of gamers that didn't have as a primary concern the mindless action and gore but other things as well.

Regardless of what you think they cannot go and make things because it is cool; they have a lore to respect and follow, and this lore says these guys do not exist in this era. If you want cool skins there is League of Legends.

Best regards
    Nick
    Last edited by Bazielim; 7th Jul 2014 at 18:57.

Originally Posted by NickTsiou
    Legacy of Kain is an awesome series of games that is based on its heavy plot among other things. The "lore for nerds", as you said inspired a whole generation of gamers that didn't have as a primary concern the mindless action and gore but other things as well.

Regardless of what you think they cannot go and make things because it is cool; they have a lore to respect and follow, and this lore says these guys do not exist in this era. If you want cool skins there is League of Legends.

Best regards
    Nick

They don't HAVE to do anything except try to be successful financially. For this game to become successful they are eventually going to need to cater to people like me. The LoK community isn't large enough to carry this game financially by itself. Sorry to break the news to you bud.

My comment was intentionally over the top and rude. Why I chose to do that baffles me, and in retrospect things would have been phrased differently.

I think I'm somewhat frustrated with encountering die-hard lore fans in an online arena shooter that you seem to enjoy making fun of so much. If I wanted a cool story I would read a book, watch a movie, or play a single player game. For an online multiplayer shooter I want balanced, competitive, and interesting gameplay with some cool visuals. The new wave of players that will be coming in during open-beta and full release are going to have the same mindset. Get ready for us, bro.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 7th Jul 2014 at 18:59.

Can't we all just get along?

There is enough room both sides of the equation, there just isn't enough room for both sides to get everything they want. Finding that balance, bringing the franchise into the future while respecting its past, is gonna be crucial. The developers have done a fantastic job maintaining this balance, showing that it is possible.

They don't HAVE to do anything except try to be successful financially. For this game to become successful they are eventually going to need to cater to people like me. The LoK community isn't large enough to carry this game financially by itself. Sorry to break the news to you bud.

My comment was intentionally over the top and rude. Why I chose to do that baffles me, and in retrospect things would have been phrased differently.

I think I'm somewhat frustrated with encountering die-hard lore fans in an online arena shooter that you seem to enjoy making fun of so much. If I wanted a cool story I would read a book, watch a movie, or play a single player game. For an online multiplayer shooter I want balanced, competitive, and interesting gameplay with some cool visuals. The new wave of players that will be coming in during open-beta and full release are going to have the same mindset. Get ready for us, bro.
    Since it was rude intentionally you have to accept a similar answer. You guys have to accept hat this game has a heavy legacy to maintain, even though it doesn't look like its ancestors. It really doesn't matter how frustrated you feel because you encounter people with deeper interests and needs than yourself since the franchise was created long before you even form a taste in games. As it has been highlighted before in this post there are hundreds of lore-less online shooters out there that you can go enjoy; this game isn't one of them.

I really don't understand the desperate need, people like you have, for ruining the few things that have an actual depth any more. This game has a great balance, competition, interesting gameplay and they are working on the cool visuals; why do you have to ask them to with the lore to get that since they can respect it and have the same outcome? Perhaps you should play the previous games, maybe you find something you like in them.

Concluding it is not the saga that has to bend and become more stupid and simple in order for kids like you to be able and understand it, but you that needs to put your mind to work and put some effort. Like all systems this game has some rules and they aren't going to be broken just because they are too deep for your understanding.
    Last edited by Bazielim; 7th Jul 2014 at 19:01.

I will politely ask that there be no more comments of the "Screw Lore" or "Screw Newbies" nature, or I'll ask for this topic to be closed. It has deviated from its original subject, which was only meant to improve what we already have, promoting things in a fun and reasonable way. If this will not happen, then this topic has no more meaning. The suggestion has been made.

Indeed, this is getting a little unnecessarily heated. I'd encourage people to read the TOU. Particularly rule 6 "Treat members and their opinions with respect."
    signature image
    Join us and help write the history of Nosgoth at the Legacy of Kain Wiki encyclopedia

If they want to destroy a fantastic story I won't be part of it.
    Raziel the Wraith; the time paradoxical; reborn by the Elder God; the Soul of the Reaver;
    the Firstborne lieutenant of Kain's ambition: http://tinyurl.com/mlqukrw

If anybody else wants to contribute to this thread, please keep in mind that it is about ADDING positive to the game and not destroying lore. A little less black/white pls.

Originally Posted by Driber
    This does not mean that everyone always has to agree on certain subjects. Natural difference of opinion can lead to quality debates and conversations; however these topics and debates get out of hand when people do not respect different opinions. .
    There are no rules about disagreeing as long as you do so respectfully. You can't expect people not to give their opinion just because it happens to oppose the suggested idea.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 10th Jul 2014 at 14:37.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by FireWorks911
    If anybody else wants to contribute to this thread, please keep in mind that it is about ADDING positive to the game and not destroying lore. A little less black/white pls.
    well it seemed more kind of destroy the lore cause we want cool stuff... The faster you accept the importance of the background story and its preservation the better it will be for all of us...
    Last edited by Xenonetix; 11th Jul 2014 at 01:10.

well it seemed more kind of destroy the lore cause we want cool stuff... The faster you accept the importance of the background story and its preservation the better it will be for all of us...
    The idea getting cool stuff auto magically means destroying/taking a dump all over established lore is silly. Yes there are -many- things they -cannot- do without destroying lore but I would think they have an idea of some of the neat/cool little callbacks they can do without commiting lore seppuku.

Originally Posted by Squigiligimous
    The idea getting cool stuff auto magically means destroying/taking a dump all over established lore is silly. Yes there are -many- things they -cannot- do without destroying lore but I would think they have an idea of some of the neat/cool little callbacks they can do without commiting lore seppuku.
    I don't think anyone was saying that cool stuff automatically brakes the lore, but there were people suggesting that the developers should ignore the lore outright just because something is cool. All we (or at least I) were saying was that it would seem a bit far fetched for a Razielim to intentionally dress like an ancient vampire and it would cause problems with the lore if the ancient vampires actually travelled to the current era.

As I was saying, it's not against the rules to present that argument.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

You might want to reread the thread again and lay away your complete defensive mindset. You are not threatend, nor is your lore. Your way of actively misinterpreting makes me feel sorry for you.

Bro, who cares about lore? Lore is for nerds. Just make cool looking skins. The current ones suck.

/thread
    Why would that matter?
    Sure the lore isn't threatened...

I am also feeling sorry for you for a good number of reasons...

Sure the lore isn't threatened...

I am also feeling sorry for you for a good number of reasons...
    Point for you on BRoseph, but the pages of discussion before...

It was about creating something similar looking, not bringing actual ancients. Thats what -esque-ish was supposed to mean. Creating it within the boundries would sure be possible.

"I want a burger."
    "We have no toast."
    "Why would that matter?"
    and futher goes a complete derailed discussion.

So, what about the burger now?

And again; me and other members clarified and explained to you why even -esque-ish, ash, osh or whatever would also violate the lore since the vampires in this era are not even aware about the existence of the ancients and how they look... So NO it's not possible.

"I want a burger."
    "We do not serve burgers here."
    "Why would that matter?"
    and further goes a complete derailed discussion.

Eitherway it seems that our points of view are totally different and in my opinion a conversation on that footing with that attitude is extremely pointless... You have showed that you don't care much about keeping this game faithful to its predecessors in other posts as well, where this is my primary concern above all.

So I guess no further discussion is necessary...

And again; me and other members clarified and explained to you why even -esque-ish, ash, osh or whatever would also violate the lore since the vampires in this era are not even aware about the existence of the ancients and how they look... So NO it's not possible.

Where is the logic in that?

Please tell me again why the vampires in this era would have to be "aware about the existence of the ancients and how they look".

You know that one?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y

It really feels like talking to a wall here....

Because if they are not why the should they paint themselves like them and not like Iron Man let's say????

Because that kind of logic

"On a sad thursday(week days allowed?) one sentinel/razielim saw the other and thought he looked so bored and boring alike. He picked up his coloring stones, grinded off some powder, mixed it with water and painted his fellow predator. After this very sensual experience, both were happy and filling the hearts of their enemies with fear again."
    Isn't accepted in this universe....

To avoid having to answer to your next "similar" question there isn't even a relation between Kain's vampires and the ancients so any kind of subconscious excuse wouldn't apply either, thus I don't see why the devs have to come up with a stupid excuse just because you find it "cool"...

With your way of thinking this could also happen: "On a sad Tuesday vampires and humans gathered in provance under the shinny sun, laid on the green and lively grass and decided they shouldn't be fighting anymore... One of them painted another one like Kain and forged a sword identical to the Reaver blade.... Then the painted vampire stood up and said "Screw this multiplayer game I am going to play in Dark Prophecy, a Single Player game that really looked awesome before it gets cancelled".... the other vampires agreed and the epic saga continues...."
    Last edited by NickTsiou; 11th Jul 2014 at 14:34.

Ill leave you at this point, youre not interested in a constructive discussion. You quote out of context, you raise false accusations, you create enemies that dont exist. The full fear, uncertainty, doubt- spectrum. All while lacking a logical argumentation for your point of view.

Hope you had fun
    Last edited by RainaAudron; 11th Jul 2014 at 18:12.

It wouldn't hurt too much to bring in design ques from the ancient's attire for an evolved Razielim skins without it being a full copy. Both the ancients and the Razielim's attire is unique for the same thing, designing to cover while not getting in the way of their wings and their ability to fly. From what I see, the evolved Razielim have pale white skin with blue hues mixed in. That skin color combination, plus an attire similar to say this

or the ones seen here

(but not the same) wouldn't be that far fetched.

I am all into a constructive discussion but in order to do that firstly you have to understand the importance of the previous games; since you seem to be unable to do so, then so be it....

An example of a constructive conversation about the game would be what territory we saw (or didn't see) in Soul Reaver will be a nice map... Soundtrack this map should have, etc etc...

Another example: "provance is covered in lively greeny green grass and above it it has a blue sunny sky. What can be done about this in order to be more close to what it is supposed to be according to the lore?"

I think that I have been presenting you with my reasonable arguments that also got presented by other people (who have played the games and not SOME games) and you immediately discard them.

Originally Posted by GoldenXan
    We see many interesting mutations in the Razielim, some are quite
    ...Cthulhish!?

Originally Posted by Nemesis777
    ...Cthulhish!?
    [THUMB]http://www.3x6.net/vhoorl/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/cthulhu_figure.jpg[/THUMB]
    It would be appropriatly tragic if the ultimate fate of the Razielim was to become agents of the Elder God like their leader was. Without free will, they might be little more than Archons as Raziel feared he eventually would become.

As much as I care about the lore in the game, I don't think an Ancient-esque skin would be that much of a problem. Assuming you accept that vampires' looks vary between individuals, it's just a colour scheme. Blue and black works as much as anything else we have.

As for Ancients not having anything to do with Razielim - all vampires have a link to the Ancients. Otherwise their hands and feet wouldn't look like that. Kain was raised with Janos Audron's heart, which is probably why they share these traits. So if some of the Razielim evolved to have somewhat bluish skin and black wings it wouldn't be a huge stretch. Feathery wings wouldn't make much sense, of course, but black membrane could.

Originally Posted by Ysanoire
    As much as I care about the lore in the game, I don't think an Ancient-esque skin would be that much of a problem. Assuming you accept that vampires' looks vary between individuals, it's just a colour scheme. Blue and black works as much as anything else we have.

As for Ancients not having anything to do with Razielim - all vampires have a link to the Ancients. Otherwise their hands and feet wouldn't look like that. Kain was raised with Janos Audron's heart, which is probably why they share these traits. So if some of the Razielim evolved to have somewhat bluish skin and black wings it wouldn't be a huge stretch. Feathery wings wouldn't make much sense, of course, but black membrane could.
    Personally, (just my opinion) I'd draw the line at blue skin. I'd consider blue clothing and as an acceptable coincidence and I'm pretty sure the Razielim already paint their wings, since Raziel's were pretty much just his own skin colour, whereas the evolved Razielim have red membranes on their wings. I think the designers might have been trying to get more of Raziel's clan banner colour by doing that.

I'd actually like a deep blue variant of the Razielim evolved skin with wings also painted blue and a brown cowl, because it would vaguely look a bit like wraith Raziel if you really squint. I'm certain some people will think that's too much of a coincidence, but that's an understandable opinion and I won't get offended if they say so.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 22nd Jul 2014 at 11:45.

Page 3 of 4 First First 1234 Last