Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Features/Ideas] What would you like to see?

[Features/Ideas] What would you like to see?

This is not a wish list, but it will be about brainstorming new ideas and features you want to see in the next game.
    Discuss your ideas or other people's ideas on what would you like to see.
    ___

I think it would be nice if all (or most) in-game the systems to complement each other.

For example, with the health and combat system, I want them to be as realistic as possible (or at some point of realism). If Lara is simply grazed by a bullet or arrow, it should regenerate after a long while, but it can be sped up by medipacks.

If Lara is shot in the leg, her pace slows down severely and you would need to take cover and pull out the arrow and bandage it quickly, but if you were shot with a gun, you need a medipack to treat it. Enemies shouldn't have unlimited ammo, at some point, they should run out of ammo as well then attack Lara directly with whatever they could find.

If Lara is shot anywhere within in her body, she should do the same. And just to avoid, "She was shot in the heart!" or something. They should program it like just before the arrow hits her (or enters her collision space), it auto assigns to a non-fatal part of her body to be stuck in (nobody would notice this as the arrows/bullets are going way too fast). If you stay out of cover for too long, the risk of 1 hit K.O increases instead of receiving grazes which take away some of her HP bar.

Obviously we will be moving around during combat so it gives less chances for the enemy to take a direct hit, they will be preservative with the ammo and try to take a good aim to Lara's head if we stay standing in one place which means 1 shot K.O.

I think it would be cool giving the systems a lot more depth.

___

Share your ideas!

Great ideas. I really want regenerated health to disappear unless, like you said, it's a small graze. Healthpacks and such need to come back, the healing system should be notes from the Far Cry series, imo.

I'd like other affects to indicate Lara's health is low (by limiting her abilities and jump height) and maybe even affect her accuracy, etc. Making it much more difficult by punishing "Rambo"-like careless gunplay and encourage people to be more careful with Lara in regards to platforming, gunplay and such. It would make the game feel more dangerous.
    signature image

^ Exactly, I always hated mindless fighting. I like it when you have to take every move you make into careful consideration.

I also have this idea about the reticles. The more you use a weapon, the smaller the reticle gets. For example, when you start using the bow in the beginning, the reticle would be huge and it would gradually get smaller and smaller (until Lara never misses her target) the more you use it. Same apply to other weapons (each weapon separately).

Like some sort of EXP bar for each weapon alone.

I always said the health bar should be divided into sections like in Mass Effect 3, so the regeneration works on only one bar, and others fill up with a medkit.
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by d1n0_xD View Post
    I always said the health bar should be divided into sections like in Mass Effect 3, so the regeneration works on only one bar, and others fill up with a medkit.
    That reminds me of TRU , when Lara recovered some health on her own and she needed a medipack in order to fully restore her health! In my oppinion , Health bars are a little outdated and unrealistic (and a bit cheap ) , and I much prefer the TR2013 one......

^ That's what a game is. They're not outdated, it's just not the preferred option in modern games. And if you think health regen is realistic, I don't know your concept of reality
    signature image

^ That's what a game is. They're not outdated, it's just not the preferred option in modern games. And if you think health regen is realistic, I don't know your concept of reality
    Well , here is my concept of unreality : '' Lara is wounded! Oh what do we have here? A medipack? Oooo! The magical pill is going to take away all the wounds!!Wow! Lara now looks like new !! ''
    You may have a point : '' Lara can eat almost 1000 bullets as long as she doesn't get shot in a raw. She needs a place to recover!! ''
    I think a combination of those two would be amazing : Blood on the screen , until Lara gets a medipack . But not like TRU nad TRL. I liked the '' fix the wound '' system of Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater!

Quote Originally Posted by CroftManiac View Post
    Well , here is my concept of unreality : '' Lara is wounded! Oh what do we have here? A medipack? Oooo! The magical pill is going to take away all the wounds!!Wow! Lara now looks like new !! ''
    Quite. Whether it's health packs or regenerating: when healing in videogames is involved realism is not a part of the equation.

I supported regenerating before, but now I actually prefer the Mass Effect 3 system: with the first half of the health bar regenerating and the other half being split in five blocks that won't regenerate when fully depleted. Far Cry 3's healing system to me was overly complicated, and WAY too slow in the heat of battle.

Speaking of overly complicated, that is what most of your ideas seem to me, Klona, sorry to tell you. It seems to me that these kinds of things would be pioneered by a game that is fully devoted to combat and all it's finesses. I think Tomb Raider would be better off putting it's focus elsewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Jurre View Post
    Quite. Whether it's health packs or regenerating: when healing in videogames is involved realism is not a part of the equation.

I supported regenerating before, but now I actually prefer the Mass Effect 3 system: with the first half of the health bar regenerating and the other half being split in five blocks that won't regenerate when fully depleted. Far Cry 3's healing system to me was overly complicated, and WAY too slow in the heat of battle.

Speaking of overly complicated, that is what most of your ideas seem to me, Klona, sorry to tell you. It seems to me that these kinds of things would be pioneered by a game that is fully devoted to combat and all it's finesses. I think Tomb Raider would be better off putting it's focus elsewhere...
    ! I also think that it would be more realistic if Lara collected herbs along the way and made a medicine on her own ( I don't know if it's getting a little RPG though.... )

I'm afraid that your ideas of realistic healing will add unnecessary complexity; CroftManiac.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Daftvirgin View Post

I'm afraid that your ideas of realistic healing will add unnecessary complexity; CroftManiac.
    So your logic is : ''Simple and easy rules'' . I totally agree and I remember playing RPG Tactical games , which required a vast amount of time just to learn how to play it ( ) ! Maybe CD can transform this ''complexity'' to ''depth''.

I still want a full-on Tomb Raider RPG. Something like The Witcher 2, with a solo Lara, but a lot of NPCs she can interact with and a world she really feels like a part of.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot Kane View Post
    I still want a full-on Tomb Raider RPG. Something like The Witcher 2, with a solo Lara, but a lot of NPCs she can interact with and a world she really feels like a part of.
    You mean something like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbJjcBC2rnc
    The early TR2013 beta had some really scary monsters and giants ! I loved the concept of this , but I think they scrapped the idea because it would be more like Silent Hill - Survival Horror , and I agree. Tomb Raider is an action adventure game , not horror....

You mean something like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbJjcBC2rnc
    The early TR2013 beta had some really scary monsters and giants ! I loved the concept of this , but I think they scrapped the idea because it would be more like Silent Hill - Survival Horror , and I agree. Tomb Raider is an action adventure game , not horror....
    Looks good, but not what I meant, no.

I used Witcher 2 as my example because it's probably the best single character RPG ever made, not because it involves fighting monsters.

What I mean is that Lara should have an RPG style inventory and a chance to interact with people in ways that don't always involve shooting them.

Think of a better version of Angel Of Darkness, but with no ridiculous pushing of specific blocks & the like.
    signature image

Looks good, but not what I meant, no.

I used Witcher 2 as my example because it's probably the best single character RPG ever made, not because it involves fighting monsters.

What I mean is that Lara should have an RPG style inventory and a chance to interact with people in ways that don't always involve shooting them.

Think of a better version of Angel Of Darkness, but with no ridiculous pushing of specific blocks & the like.
    Your idea sounds really good , but I don't think that many people visit dangerous tombs nowadays....
    ''A better version of AOD'' . Well , why not?

Your idea sounds really good , but I don't think that many people visit dangerous tombs nowadays....
    ''A better version of AOD'' . Well , why not?
    Why not indeed

TR has always flirted on the edges of becoming an RPG. Angel Of Darkness took it really close, then shied away, though I'm not sure why. It's always been the most logical progression for the series, IMO.

Just need to get rid of the 'push specific block' thing...
    signature image

Here is my concept of unreality: "Lara is wounded! Oh what do we have here? A rock which I can duck behind and be as healthy as an ox again 5 seconds later! Oooo! The magic of time healing all wounds, literally!! Wow! I will have to remember that next time I go mountainbiking and fall and crack my skull open. No need for a doctor or anything; just crawl my bloody body behind a ledge and my skull will magically re-attach itself by being idle for 5 seconds!!!"

I think a combination of those two would be amazing : Blood on the screen , until Lara gets a medipack .
    Ugh, no. Blood on screen until you find a medipack (which can take several minutes if you're in a place where no heath packs are around and you need to back travel) is going to make for a bloody annoying player experience! (Pun intended )

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Why not indeed

TR has always flirted on the edges of becoming an RPG. Angel Of Darkness took it really close, then shied away, though I'm not sure why. It's always been the most logical progression for the series, IMO...
    Yeah, and the RPG elements in TR2013 were awesome!

I love RPGs and I love Tomb Raider, a good mix of the two would be amazing!

What do you think, a 20-hour long main campaign with similar-lasting side content which actually has some story to it, not fetch quests?
    signature image

I'd be onboard for an RPG as long as it held the Lara Croft title, not the Tomb Raider title. (Mainly because the shift of genre and gameplay would likely rock the boat in the fandom)
    signature image

What do you think, a 20-hour long main campaign with similar-lasting side content which actually has some story to it, not fetch quests?
    Works for me!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Here is my concept of unreality: "Lara is wounded! Oh what do we have here? A rock which I can duck behind and be as healthy as an ox again 5 seconds later! Oooo! The magic of time healing all wounds, literally!! Wow! I will have to remember that next time I go mountainbiking and fall and crack my skull open. No need for a doctor or anything; just crawl my bloody body behind a ledge and my skull will magically re-attach itself by being idle for 5 seconds!!!"
    You just made my day!! I said that Health regain has it's drawbacks as well , it is just that it seemed ( at least to me ) more realistic than the ordinary health bar!

I would love an RPG-like TR , as long as there is an equilibration between action adventure and RPG.

I would love an RPG-like TR , as long as there is an equilibration between action adventure and RPG.
    I think Mass Effect 3 handled that mix between action and RPG pretty good, but I'd liked to have an actual inventory and stuff
    signature image

^ I'd actually like to see a similar inventory system to the one in Resident Evil 4, but instead of it being a carry case, it could be her backpack - Filled with ammo and other trinkets, then have the guns equipt to Lara's body.
    signature image

I'm here for more RPG elements in TR.
    signature image

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast