View Poll Results: Will you be buying RotTR on Xbox One?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 11.81%
  • No

    112 88.19%
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 451

Thread: Will you be buying RotTR on Xbox One?

  1. #276
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    I think the sales figures are evidence of that, and I am not disputing it at all. The PS4, by virtue of their physical sales, is the most popular console right now. I am however disputing AdeleDazeem's claim that "more people are planning to get a PS4 instead of a One".
    Let me rephrase that. In my Inner Circle more people plan to get a PS4, instead of an Xbox One. By Inner Circle I mean my friends and various people I've met on gaming forums. But I think it's a common right now, that people prefer to get a PS4 first. Or not get an Xbox One at all.

    ''It blows my mind; you can really feel the mass effect.'' - Camilla Luddington

  2. #277
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,770
    Quote Originally Posted by AdeleDazeem View Post
    Let me rephrase that. In my Inner Circle more people plan to get a PS4, instead of an Xbox One. By Inner Circle I mean my friends and various people I've met on gaming forums.
    That's fair enough!


    Quote Originally Posted by AdeleDazeem View Post
    But I think it's a common right now, that people prefer to get a PS4 first. Or not get an Xbox One at all.
    oooh...now you are speculating again.....
    signature image

  3. #278
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    oooh...now you are speculating again.....
    I am ^^

    ''It blows my mind; you can really feel the mass effect.'' - Camilla Luddington

  4. #279
    There is nothing other than TR that appeals to me about xbox so a definite No.

  5. #280
    Wouldnt buy ROTR either way, waiting until she goes back to having guns and rading tombs, bored of the origin stuff. theres already a million COD type games so will pass until she becomes an adventurer again, or if she ever does again. Hope the franchise isnt dead with the rebooted character, but even if it is, they can just use the classic Lara everyone loved.

  6. #281
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgetkfisher View Post
    Wouldnt buy ROTR either way, waiting until she goes back to having guns and rading tombs, bored of the origin stuff. theres already a million COD type games so will pass until she becomes an adventurer again, or if she ever does again. Hope the franchise isnt dead with the rebooted character, but even if it is, they can just use the classic Lara everyone loved.
    You keep saying it's a COD type game/COD Killer. Its not! COD is a FPS game, TR2013 is not. The few main ones I can think of are any COD game (obviously!), Battlefield, Titanfall, Far Cry, Destiny, Halo, Doom, and Quake.

    TR2013 is a third person game, and although there is combat you couldn't say it was a TPS like Gears of War is for example.

    I don't think anyone would put TR2013 and COD in the same genre ever. Also Lara did have guns in TR2013. You just don't make sense when you post this stuff.
    signature image

  7. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    You keep saying it's a COD type game/COD Killer. Its not! COD is a FPS game, TR2013 is not. The few main ones I can think of are any COD game (obviously!), Battlefield, Titanfall, Far Cry, Destiny, Halo, Doom, and Quake.

    TR2013 is a third person game, and although there is combat you couldn't say it was a TPS like Gears of War is for example.

    I don't think anyone would put TR2013 and COD in the same genre ever. Also Lara did have guns in TR2013. You just don't make sense when you post this stuff.
    TR2013 only had dual handguns at the end during the QTE boss battle so it was kinda lame. Your right the game is probably more wannabe gears of warish but still has that COD feel since she runs around killing hundreds or thousands of people? Would rather she ya know go tomb raiding not on killing sprees, that might be where the COD references always come from everyone makes about TR2013.

  8. #283
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgetkfisher View Post
    TR2013 only had dual handguns at the end during the QTE boss battle so it was kinda lame. Your right the game is probably more wannabe gears of warish but still has that COD feel since she runs around killing hundreds or thousands of people? Would rather she ya know go tomb raiding not on killing sprees, that might be where the COD references always come from everyone makes about TR2013.
    So the whole game was lame just because Lara didn't use dual pistols? If she had them from the start would that have made it better for you, even though it would have been pretty unbelievable?

    You need to re-read my response I didn't say it was wannabe Gears of War. There is a resemblance in that you play in third person but I don't consider them similar games other than that.

    It doesn't have that COD feel. Have you ever played COD? It's nothing like it. I have played MW2 and Black Ops as well as Battlefield Bad Company, BC2 and BF3. I do not consider them comparable to TR2013. Can you elaborate on why you think they are?

    I don't consider what Lara did a killing spree. That term infers killing people without reason and just for the hell of it. Whether or not you like the story or not Lara's killing had a point - survival and escape. When her presence was detected she was attacked and she could either defend herself or die. I don't consider that a "killing spree".

    You say everyone makes COD references, but I have only ever seen you make that reference.
    signature image

  9. #284
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    You keep saying it's a COD type game/COD Killer. Its not!
    If we go on a measure of blood, it beats COD hands down.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgetkfisher View Post
    TR2013 only had dual handguns at the end during the QTE boss battle so it was kinda lame.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    If she had them from the start would that have made it better for you, even though it would have been pretty unbelievable?
    Looks around for Driber...
    signature image

  10. #285
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Darwin, Australia
    Posts
    6,497
    TR being a COD type???? i must have played a different TR then. have to agree with tecstar with his points. especially the COD comparison.
    now even if TR would be a FPS, it would not come anything close to a COD title or even BF. just alone the story and the abilities you can do in TR are not possible in COD and BF. cant recall any climbing up ledges, walls and raiding hidden tombs.
    signature image

  11. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgetkfisher View Post
    Wouldnt buy ROTR either way, waiting until she goes back to having guns and rading tombs, bored of the origin stuff. theres already a million COD type games so will pass until she becomes an adventurer again, or if she ever does again. Hope the franchise isnt dead with the rebooted character, but even if it is, they can just use the classic Lara everyone loved.
    I thought the balance was too heavy on the combat and not enough on the puzzles in TR(2013) but CD have already promised more tombs and bigger puzzles in the gameinformer article so it looks like your complaints may have been solved. I saw her with two axes in some of the pics so it's not a massive jump to say she might be able to use two guns as well.
    signature image

  12. #287
    No

  13. #288
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,159
    Doesn't this poll kinda serve as proof that their market really isn't on Xbox and has no desire to be?

  14. #289
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    U.S.G. Ishimura
    Posts
    2,955
    ^^^^

    Yeah, you'd think so. I wonder if it's made the rounds at CD or the Squenix offices. For some reason I picture this being one of those water cooler "Did you see...?" convos.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

  15. #290
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    Doesn't this poll kinda serve as proof that their market really isn't on Xbox and has no desire to be?
    No, because the question is flawed.

    The question "Will you be buying RotTR on Xbox One?" assumes one of two things. That either potential respondent owns an Xbox One or that they are intending to own an Xbox One.

    If they don't meet either of those two criteria then the only logical answer is No and therefore it is only valuable if all respondents meet the above criteria.

    If the question was "Will you buy an Xbox One to play RotTR?" then that would contribute to some degree to your point however if you already own an Xbox One you can only answer No.

    The question therefore should be "If you currently don't own an Xbox One and aren't planning to get one will you buy one to play RotTR?". This would give a more indicative response.

    This data would still be flawed if trying to respond to your statement as a general indication as it could be questioned if the audience here are the target market for the exclusivity deal, however it would still be an indication of its impact in this community.

    That's what you get if you ask a history student...
    signature image

  16. #291

  17. #292
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,770
    Now thats a better poll but I would still question the last option as fudgeing things slightly. It should be just "No" as a response to the poll question but its wording provides opportunity to skew the poll. Are people answering with the last option because they are not buying an Xbox for RotTR as per the poll question or because they are not buying a new console anyway or because they aren't getting the Xbox One version regardless? I know some people may think i'm being picky but you can't hold up a poll as evidence of something if the poll results are open to misinterpretation.

    Whether the results can be seen as a reflection of the wider target audience for the deal is still debatable. Members of a game-specific forum are not your casual market audience which I believe is the audience MS are trying to court with the exclusivity. They tend to have strong opinions on their gaming and platform of choice and deals like this are unlikely to sway them, hence only 17 of the 292 saying they will buy an XB1 to play RotTR is not really that surprising.

    The two articles you cite provide at least part of the reasoning for the deal in the first place - SE want to increase their Xbox sales.
    The difficulty with the point of the first article is that its logical that PS4 sales of TR: DE outstripped XB1 - there were more PS4 consoles in the first place! It's therefore mutually beneficial for MS to sell more consoles so that SE can sell more games on that console. If the deal shifts more Xboxes its not just TR that SE could sell more of.
    Last edited by Tecstar70; 16th Feb 2015 at 07:40.
    signature image

  18. #293
    The Xbox head guy let slip the deal has a "duration" because he was backed into a corner, it was not in their interest to let customers and TR fans know this so it was obviously a mistake (why else would Crystal and Square not announce it themselves rather than refer to the exact wording in his statement). MS basically invalidated their whole little deal before it even began.

  19. #294
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    England
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphdawg1 View Post
    Doesn't this poll kinda serve as proof that their market really isn't on Xbox and has no desire to be?
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldierLTE View Post
    Yeah, you'd think so. I wonder if it's made the rounds at CD or the Squenix offices. For some reason I picture this being one of those water cooler "Did you see...?" convos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    Members of a game-specific forum are not your casual market audience which I believe is the audience MS are trying to court with the exclusivity. They tend to have strong opinions on their gaming and platform of choice and deals like this are unlikely to sway them, hence only 17 of the 292 saying they will buy an XB1 to play RotTR is not really that surprising.
    In complete agreement with Tecstar.

    Sure, there are plenty of loyal, dedicated, long-term fans of the franchise who disagree with the decision, but to be honest, I've played and finished the last TR on four platforms (PS3, 360, PC and XboxOne) and it has always surprised me how many new fans of the franchise pop up every week. Still. Not just multiplayer, but you only have to take a daily look at Twitch to see several people streaming their gameplay. These are the majority; gamers who discovered a cracking release and will be more likely to purchase Rise based on that rep. It will sell, regardless of how loud TR fans shout otherwise. And believe me, I AM a loyal fan. If it were to be exclusive to Sony, well, I personally would just quietly save up for a PS4, but that's just how I am
    signature image

  20. #295
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    3,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Larafan1996 View Post
    The Xbox head guy let slip the deal has a "duration" because he was backed into a corner, it was not in their interest to let customers and TR fans know this so it was obviously a mistake (why else would Crystal and Square not announce it themselves rather than refer to the exact wording in his statement). MS basically invalidated their whole little deal before it even began.
    Sounds like an interview to me, rather than being backed into a corner and letting it slip. He didn't have to say it was timed when questioned. He could have just stuck to the script:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...has-a-duration
    Last edited by Tecstar70; 16th Feb 2015 at 14:22.
    signature image

  21. #296
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    Sounds like an interview to me, rather than being backed into a corner and letting it slip. He didn't have to say it was timed when questioned. He could have just stuck to the script:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...has-a-duration
    I think the pushback made him give that answer, remember he was kinda surprised by all the negative attention the deal and announcement got.

  22. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    Sounds like an interview to me, rather than being backed into a corner and letting it slip. He didn't have to say it was timed when questioned. He could have just stuck to the script:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...has-a-duration
    I agree with this thought. He was noticing that the backlash was gigantic against xbox and wanted to decrease it so he revealed the 'timed' details to quell it. This was no slip.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    Whether the results can be seen as a reflection of the wider target audience for the deal is still debatable. Members of a game-specific forum are not your casual market audience which I believe is the audience MS are trying to court with the exclusivity
    I don't think that ROTTR won't sell. While the forum community are not perhaps representative we are the ones who will go across the web to let opinions be known. If we are for or against it has a bigger influence on the wider community feeling. A negative vibe might not stop decent sales figures but over time it can impact on a brand. It looks a good deal for MS but not the fans. I blame those at SE/CD as they had the responsibility for accepting it.

  23. #298

  24. #299
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1
    Nah, the console needs double the value in games to cover Its cost, so I won't be buying it as I don't have or plan on getting a Xbox One anytime soon.
    This will be the first time in 20 years I didn't buy a TR game at launch, obvious day 1 on PS4 thou.

  25. #300
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Mater Urbium
    Posts
    27,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    I don't consider what Lara did a killing spree.
    Oh I do. Lara is a mass murderer, no doubt about that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    That term infers killing people without reason and just for the hell of it.
    No it doesn't. Anders Breivik went on a killing spree on Utøya, and he most definitely had reasons for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    Whether or not you like the story or not Lara's killing had a point - survival and escape. When her presence was detected she was attacked and she could either defend herself or die. I don't consider that a "killing spree".
    Lara didn't just kill out of pure self-defense. She also killed hordes of men stealthy and without being detected. Well, the player did, but you get my point.

    Killing spree sounds about right to me

    Quote Originally Posted by Tihocan View Post
    Looks around for Driber...
    Yes...? What do you want from me?

    Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    now even if TR would be a FPS, it would not come anything close to a COD title or even BF. just alone the story and the abilities you can do in TR are not possible in COD and BF.
    Well yeah, but... that's largely because it's not a FPS. So that kind of defeats your point

    Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    No, because the question is flawed.
    No, it's not.

    The question "Will you be buying RotTR on Xbox One?" assumes one of two things. That either potential respondent owns an Xbox One or that they are intending to own an Xbox One.
    No it doesn't assume either of those things.

    If I'm strictly a PC gamer (i.e. would never buy any console) and TR10 wouldn't come to PC, I would vote "no" in this poll.

    If they don't meet either of those two criteria then the only logical answer is No and therefore it is only valuable if all respondents meet the above criteria.
    That first part is correct, but the latter part not. It would still be valuable in the sense that the "no" vote tells the reader that it's a lost sale if the game stays exclusive to xbox.

    If the question was "Will you buy an Xbox One to play RotTR?" then that would contribute to some degree to your point however if you already own an Xbox One you can only answer No.
    You'd have to be pretty daft to choose "no" then and completely ignore the obvious spirit of the question. By that same logic, someone who won't buy an xb1 but instead will get it for xmas as a present, would also fill in "no"

    This data would still be flawed if trying to respond to your statement as a general indication as it could be questioned if the audience here are the target market for the exclusivity deal, however it would still be an indication of its impact in this community.
    Well, no forum poll should ever be considered flawless, and basing any serious decision on forum polls would be a reckless thing to do. However, forum polls do generally (not always *cough* LxS *cough*) offer a good reflection of what the community mood is, as it were.

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLC View Post
    It will sell, regardless of how loud TR fans shout otherwise.
    I think you might underestimate the importance/influence of TR fans.

    Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •