Page 178 of 178 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178
Results 4,426 to 4,446 of 4446

Thread: RotTR is a timed XBox exclusive | MS publishing for Xbox | PS+PC release confirmed

The idea of the next game being exclusive doesn't make sense to me, more likely they will wait one game then go back to microsoft for more "passion" once they think they are in the clear but then the deal itself made no sense even back in 2014. Destroying the forward momentum of a successful reboot, tying yourself down to a platform that is being outsold 2.1 and tarnishing what was suppose to be the franchises big 20th celebration just for some short term gains was foolish yet they went ahead. Since underworld every game except temple of osiris has had some form of exculsivity with xbox, they are obviously far too chumy with them which has led to this situation in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    I don't, but the skeptic in me is partly convinced that if it flops on PS4, Square Enix may have the mindset of keeping it exclusive.
    That sounds like blackmail if there ever was:

"What? PS4 owners who we've neglected with our exclusivity deal didn't buy the game almost a whole year later with the buttload of new games coming out this Holiday Season? You don't say! Yeah, we're keeping it exclusive."

Which is code for:

"You will support us in our shady business practices or you'll forever lose a franchise that's been a staple of your fanbase in its entire 20 year history. Nevermind that there's a plethora of newer games coming out around the same time and we left a bad taste in your mouth with our poor-at-best handling of The Deal, you will buy our game a year later or else!"

If they honestly expected the game to not see a sales drop in its vanilla state after keeping it off their #1 fanbase's console for a year, then they're nuts! They should know you can't neglect your fans like that and not have any repercussions (loss of sales/revenue) for doing so, but it seems like they are trying to win us back over, and not by just giving us the game a year later, which is asking, no, scratch that, begging for a decline in sales on PS4.

Give credit where credit's due, it looks like they're genuinely serious about making it up to PS4 fans.

The sheer amount of extra stuff and how much it caters to the fans feedback - this isn't just a token gesture but a real effort. It does seem they realize what a mess up they made with the deal and are not just saying 'you will buy our game'. Us PS players have fresh additional content new at the same time as Xbox and a far better base version of the game. It's as much as they could have done so I hope people will get behind it. Waiting sucked but now we have got the game let's enjoy it and make the most of it rather than letting the deal again impeded on our experience.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    Give credit where credit's due, it looks like they're genuinely serious about making it up to PS4 fans.
    Even though I've got an xbox one ROTTR bundle as present and was able to play this game on day 1, I gotta say one thing - they can NEVER make it up to PS4 fans. They made a deal which hurt the majority of TR fans (PS & PC gamers) and they gotta deal with it, but they will never ever be able to make it up to them, especially to PS4 players who must wait almost a year for the game to be released. And no DLC, no artbooks, nothing will ever make it up to them for all the waiting and spoilers. Even I felt very bittersweet playing ROTTR. Enough to play it only once and I'm not interested to play it again yet, tbh. Maybe after PS4 release... I really have no idea. And this says someone who never had a console before and fell in love with an xbox, but still can't stand the deal™.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemma_Darkmoon_ View Post
    The sheer amount of extra stuff and how much it caters to the fans feedback - this isn't just a token gesture but a real effort. It does seem they realize what a mess up they made with the deal and are not just saying 'you will buy our game'. Us PS players have fresh additional content new at the same time as Xbox and a far better base version of the game. It's as much as they could have done so I hope people will get behind it. Waiting sucked but now we have got the game let's enjoy it and make the most of it rather than letting the deal again impeded on our experience.
    Which is why I said "in its vanilla state." If they just gave us the base game with bug fixes and DLC after a year, sales would've taken a hit with all the fresh new games coming out. Perhaps it would've sold even less than on XB1/PC (as with most timed-exclusives once they hit other platforms), but alas, they're not giving us the vanilla version of the game almost a year later. No doubt this will earn back a lot of the sales they otherwise would've surely lost on PS4. Now PS4 owners will have incentive to buy it as opposed to other, newer AAA releases coming out around the same time.

Like I said, I honestly wasn't expecting this at all. I was expecting part or all of the DLC and the base game to run smoother and nothing else, but they've packed a bunch of extras to keep it fresh for PS4 owners after a year and XB1 and PC owners to boot.

Again, give credit where credit's due. This is a 20th anniversary celebration.

I'm just glad that they really made the effort to provide ample resititution.

(click image to enlarge)

Did I miss something. Are extras confirmed to be included with the PS4 (delayed) release?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by AdobeArtist View Post
    Did I miss something. Are extras confirmed to be included with the PS4 (delayed) release?
    Why, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by AdobeArtist View Post
    http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=190006

(click image to enlarge)

i know i'm boycotting this game after this copy & pasted mess, fans have been asking for the old costumes for years & they just port the old models over from the old games to get around that. just pure lazy crap if they can't be bothered enough to make them then i can't be bothered enough to play or buy there game. yea want me to give you 60 bucks of my hard earned money when you put no effort into any of this ya right. not only that but dose anyone know if there is even a new game plus mode ? come on this is lazy pure lazy. [/I]

Quote Originally Posted by dayoum View Post
    Even though I've got an xbox one ROTTR bundle as present and was able to play this game on day 1, I gotta say one thing - they can NEVER make it up to PS4 fans. They made a deal which hurt the majority of TR fans (PS & PC gamers) and they gotta deal with it, but they will never ever be able to make it up to them, especially to PS4 players who must wait almost a year for the game to be released. And no DLC, no artbooks, nothing will ever make it up to them for all the waiting and spoilers. Even I felt very bittersweet playing ROTTR. Enough to play it only once and I'm not interested to play it again yet, tbh. Maybe after PS4 release... I really have no idea. And this says someone who never had a console before and fell in love with an xbox, but still can't stand the deal™.
    Glad to see another gamer who shares that same mindset, then what they are giving us is a poor Copy & past job because they keep trying to get around using old Lara. so instead they just give us these models taken from older games. freaking lazy

Quote Originally Posted by Gemma_Darkmoon_ View Post
    Fresh ? the only thing really new here is the Croft Manor Part, there is no Effort here all they have done is Copy & pasted Cores work into this game instead of giving us updated Models for the old costumes that are not even costumes they are just burn cards. no New game plus mode at all & the whole survivor mode is a copy & pasted Area from the main freaking game. it's just an Empty space to run around in & gather trash. so now it is Lara Croft Dumpster Diver. then another uninspired Zombie mode in a game about Raiding Tombs. i refuse to kiss CD's Butt after what they did & this just angers me even more.

I think SE have totally redeemed themselves. Thank you!!

I must admit I'd rather have newer looking versions of the old outfits like they're doing with the tr3 winter coat instead of the polygon looking lara in the main campaign. But the fact that those older looking models are there is still cool. They almost got it right.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldierLTE View Post
    I must admit I'd rather have newer looking versions of the old outfits like they're doing with the tr3 winter coat instead of the polygon looking lara in the main campaign. But the fact that those older looking models are there is still cool. They almost got it right.
    Agreed. I think modernized versions would have been much better, but I'm grateful nonetheless. Who knows? Maybe they'll do it in the future and maybe add even more, like Legend and Underworld.

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    Which is why I said "in its vanilla state." If they just gave us the base game with bug fixes and DLC after a year, sales would've taken a hit with all the fresh new games coming out. Perhaps it would've sold even less than on XB1/PC (as with most timed-exclusives once they hit other platforms), but alas, they're not giving us the vanilla version of the game almost a year later. No doubt this will earn back a lot of the sales they otherwise would've surely lost on PS4. Now PS4 owners will have incentive to buy it as opposed to other, newer AAA releases coming out around the same time.

Like I said, I honestly wasn't expecting this at all. I was expecting part or all of the DLC and the base game to run smoother and nothing else, but they've packed a bunch of extras to keep it fresh for PS4 owners after a year and XB1 and PC owners to boot.

Again, give credit where credit's due. This is a 20th anniversary celebration.
    can't agree with that at all.. where is the incentive?? I can just by a used 360 version for $7(versus $60 PS4), get all that stuff free anyways cause on OCT 11, ALL of the dlc/added stuff comes to all the versions for free.. there is absolutely zero incentive to buy it

Is the new dlc really going to be free on Xbox or are people meaning free with the season pass?
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

The Blood Ties DLC for Xbox One and PC is free for people with a season pass

Rise of the Tomb Raider “Blood Ties” Upgrade (Xbox One or PC)
    Available for Digital Download free for current Season Pass holders
    Available for Digital Download for $9.99 for non-Season Pass holders
    “Blood Ties” & “Lara’s Nightmare” premium DLC
    Brutal new “Extreme Survivor” difficulty mode (no checkpoints)
    Re-envisioned cold-weather outfit and weapon for Lara inspired by Tomb Raider III
    Classic Card Pack: Play any Expedition mode as one of five favorite classic Lara models
    according to this thread:
    http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=190003

Quote Originally Posted by TheDetectiveXx View Post
    i know i'm boycotting this game after this copy & pasted mess, fans have been asking for the old costumes for years & they just port the old models over from the old games to get around that. just pure lazy crap if they can't be bothered enough to make them then i can't be bothered enough to play or buy there game. yea want me to give you 60 bucks of my hard earned money when you put no effort into any of this ya right. not only that but dose anyone know if there is even a new game plus mode ? come on this is lazy pure lazy. [/I]
    Glad to see another gamer who shares that same mindset, then what they are giving us is a poor Copy & past job because they keep trying to get around using old Lara. so instead they just give us these models taken from older games. freaking lazy
    Fresh ? the only thing really new here is the Croft Manor Part, there is no Effort here all they have done is Copy & pasted Cores work into this game instead of giving us updated Models for the old costumes that are not even costumes they are just burn cards. no New game plus mode at all & the whole survivor mode is a copy & pasted Area from the main freaking game. it's just an Empty space to run around in & gather trash. so now it is Lara Croft Dumpster Diver. then another uninspired Zombie mode in a game about Raiding Tombs. i refuse to kiss CD's Butt after what they did & this just angers me even more.
    Why do I get the feeling you're trolling...

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    Agreed. I think modernized versions would have been much better, but I'm grateful nonetheless. Who knows? Maybe they'll do it in the future and maybe add even more, like Legend and Underworld.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by medievil1 View Post
    can't agree with that at all.. where is the incentive?? I can just by a used 360 version for $7(versus $60 PS4), get all that stuff free anyways cause on OCT 11, ALL of the dlc/added stuff comes to all the versions for free.. there is absolutely zero incentive to buy it
    Sorry, but unfortunately the new manor dlc won't be available for 360 players. Only current dlc is available on the 360, with the season pass (or without sold separately). And the new dlc will be free if you already have the season pass on Xbox One and PC. All dlc comes included with the PS4 version.

Quote Originally Posted by medievil1 View Post
    Well some would say (not me) that the PS4 is the ultimate gaming experience and so to play Rise on that console is the only way to play it. I am happy with the Xbox One version and the PS4 version can't give me anything more other than the artbook.
    signature image

Page 178 of 178 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178