Page 122 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 4446

Thread: RotTR is a timed XBox exclusive | MS publishing for Xbox | PS+PC release confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    Except, unlike CD with this game, Activision doesn't have a say in a matter: they're contractually required to give timed-exclusive CoD DLC for one of the platforms, better the console that'll make em more money if they have to pick one.
    Activision had a say. They knew what they were getting in to when they signed the contract.

A lot worse? It took Sony fans literally sending CD death threats (which I'll admit is taking it a *little* too far, and yes, I'm being facetious) for them to announce the PS4 and PC release dates of ROTTR and no longer leave us in the dark, and yet still, they continued to remain unswayed in their unabashed shilling of MS! If death threats aren't going to phase them, then nothing short of them losing out in potential sales will.
    Quote Originally Posted by YardFowl View Post
    "A *little* too far?" I do hope you are being facetious.
    I was.
    If it didn't happen, don't say it or make stuff up just to prove a point. That's exactly how false information gets out that does nothing but confuse people and fuel arguments.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

Which is why I put "boycott" in quotes.
    I don't care if you put it in quotes or not, the fact of the matter is that trying professing to boycott the game while still buying it second hand is a laughable excuse of the term "boycott", which is what Valenka, the guy who you were responding to, was talking about - people who profess to boycott the game.

If people are serious about boycotting a game, they don't buy it, period. Hell, they shouldn't even play it, if they happen to have the opportunity to (for example their grandma buying the game for them). If they do, don't give us some weaksauce grandstanding about "boycotting" it

Releasing a timed-exclusive game to less than 1/3 of your fanbase on the same day as FO4 is suicide, so is releasing a timed-exclusive game (to, again, <1/3 of your fanbase) 4 days after CoD, which is the biggest-selling game year in and year out, and a week before Battlefront. If you seriously don't think this will hurt its sales, look at how Kingdom Hearts 2.5's sales were impacted by Dragon Age: Inquisition and Far Cry 4, and BTW those games aren't nearly as popular as Fallout, CoD and SW: Battlefront.
    You're strawmanning. I never said that I think that TR10 being released around the same time as bigger titles isn't going to hurt sales. What I said was that you will look very foolish the more you try to portray yourself as someone who knows everything and that the "game will flop"... IF in the end it doesn't.

You see, I myself use words like "if", because I release that neither of us knows what's going to happen in the future. You on the other hand tie yourself down with your hard claims. So IF you end up being proven wrong, there's going to be a lot of egg on your face.

But keep on making your prophesies. I am thoroughly enjoying them

A lot worse? It took Sony fans literally sending CD death threats (which I'll admit is taking it a *little* too far, and yes, I'm being facetious) for them to announce the PS4 and PC release dates of ROTTR
    Oh come on now, you're making that up out of thin air! Show us proof that your assertion is true. You can't? Thought so. Oh but I know, you're going to respond with an argument of ignorance again, aren't you.

Seriously, man, I can't believe you would something as horrible as death threats to Camilla as a cheap tool to build your flimsy argument which you must know is flimsy. But yeah, stay classy...

and no longer leave us in the dark, and yet still, they continued to remain unswayed in their unabashed shilling of MS! If death threats aren't going to phase them, then nothing short of them losing out in potential sales will.
    Your argument makes no sense whatsoever. Death threats do not reflect bad on them; it reflects bad on the people who sent them.

Here I go, what? That article just talks about percentages of TRDE sales. I was talking about actual sales numbers.

Your article says nothing new and doesn't refute my assertion that not all PS TR players bought TRDE.

Give me actual numbers and we'll talk.

>Thinking people will pay $350 on a new console to play one game with Fallout 4 coming out the same day and CoD 4 days earlier on both systems. And Star Wars: Battlefront, another giant, a week later, again, on both systems.
    >Thinking people will pay $350 on a new system for this game with PC/PS4 versions having been announced. Yes PS4 owners have to wait a year for it, but PC owners only have to wait a few months.
    >Ignoring the fact that a lot of people who did buy TRDE on PS4 will NOT buy TR10 (or at best, buy it used so CD doesn't make a dime off of em) because of this deal.
    I have no idea what you're even ranting about here. Nothing you just wrote has anything to do with what I posted. Did you even read what I wrote? Or did you just skim my text? I will repeat:

"Your math is off. Not everyone who bought TRDE on XB will end up buying TR10 on day 1. And conversely, a lot of people who didn't buy TRDE on XB will buy TR10 on day 1."

Show me numbers that disprove these statements. Don't give me a bunch of red herrings about buying consoles and whatnot; I wasn't talking about that at all.

CD/SE, and the way they keep gushing about how "supportive" Microsoft is, it's obvious we're a non-sequitur to them.
    If a few mentions about how supportive (and I don't know why you would even put that in quotes - it's crystal clear that MS is supportive; no way we can get around that fact, whether we like it or not) MS is enough for you to come to the conclusion that therefore CD as a whole (which means ALL the devs, ALL community folks like Meagan and Robin) don't care about the fans, then the only thing I can say is that you're being highly irrational. No offense, but that's the only conclusion that I can come to when I hear you talk like this.

To me it's pretty clear that CD, minus the suits, does indeed care about the fans. And very much so, indeed! See Tecstar and my argumentation that we've given earlier on in this thread if you want specific examples.

It's funny: with Spencer's shilling of MS in recent interviews, you'd think making Rise a permanent MS exclusive was his first desired order of business, but then a simple look at the TR9 sales charts probably reflected that giving full-exclusivity to less than 1/3 of your buyerbase is clearly not a wise business move, and so he settled for a timed-exclusivity deal instead and took whatever money MS was giving them (which I highly doubt was enough to offset the loss in revenue by making it a permanent exclusive as opposed to making it a multiplat/TE). Which BTW, still excludes us from playing the game for a full year that probably won't get much, if any advertising at that point. CD's not gonna spend marketing costs on year-old games.
    How on earth can Spencer be a shill for Microsoft? He works for the damn company

Not to mention they're cutting off 2/3 of the buyerbase for a whole year, the ones who made production of this game possible to begin with.
    Your math is again off. It's not 2/3. Only the PS players have to wait a whole year. They don't make up for 2/3.

With their constant shilling of MS and pushing us to the back of the line after we gave them by far their biggest share of sales last time around, it's blatantly obvious they don't care about us. It's funny: you'd think they'd welcome us with open arms for giving them a walloping 69% of their sales on the last game, but no, evidently, they're not.
    Holy crap, man, your arguments are so incredibly circular, I'm surprised you haven't puked your brains out by now from all that running in circles.

It doesn't mean I won't be getting the game, I probably will be getting it in some way, shape or form TBH, it just means they probably won't be getting my money for it. Doing so sends them the message that we're just gonna blindly take being treated like second class citizens like sheeple.
    If I had a dollar for every time you posted that you're not going to give them any money...

Except, unlike CD with this game, Activision doesn't have a say in a matter: they're contractually required to give timed-exclusive CoD DLC for one of the platforms, better the console that'll make em more money if they have to pick one.
    And right on cue, the apologetics! Well there we go, folks - it's okay that COD is doing exclusivity deals because they are "contractually obligated". I had no idea that the COD guys had a gun aimed at their heads! Phew, and here I was thinking there some hypocrisy going on! Glad to know I was dead wrong about that... because there are contracts! That's so totally different than with CD! They signed no contracts whatsoever! Of course, night and day, how could I have been so blind!

Not to mention, we're talking waiting a month for DLC versus waiting a full year *for an entire game*, yeah, sounds like they have it way better than us.
    Ah well that changes things then, doesn't it! No one cares about a month long exclusive DLC! What were those people angry at MS for having that exclusive tomb DLC in TR9 worrying their pretty little heads over?! It's just DLC! It's just a month!

Okay I'm gonna have to leave now and recharge my sarcasm battery. It's running on its last bar, and I'm sure I'm gonna need a full charge for your next reply. Hell, I might just need to go out and buy 2 back-up battery packs!

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Driber, dude, chill for a bit. This thread if getting its dose of sarcasm every now and then, but this will blow it up.

As for everything else, I only hope that running in circles will stop soon. We know we're all getting the game anyway, but I see more hate now that ever.

I find it terribly comical that some of the same people who were talking about the exclusivity deal being a wedge driven into the Tomb Raider community are perpetuating negative energy, opposed to doing their share in uniting the community. It's utterly bonkers and I can't manage to wrap my head around it.

I think at this point, we've all managed to say everything there is to say regarding the deal. We know who's upset, we know who's happy and we know those who are unaffected. Why are we continuously talking in circles about what has basically been discussed to death when we could be talking about the actual game?

(click image to enlarge)

This Game Will Sell Under 500,000 units This Holiday Thanks To Corporate Greed

8 million to under 500,000. How does Square feel about this? Mods, you can stop deleting topics based on facts. You guys got screwed over also.

Quote Originally Posted by lbjmvp23 View Post
    8 million to under 500,000. How does Square feel about this? Mods, you can stop deleting topics based on facts. You guys got screwed over also.
    I'd say more around 1.5 - 2 million actually...

And mods haven't deleted anything; they've just been moving moves to the dedicated thread, as mentioned earlier on this month
    signature image

^ It's probably not healthy to wrap your head around wedges anyway
    signature image

Yeah there's already a very lengthy thread where this discussion has been and is currently taking place.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=14656
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    ^ It's probably not healthy to wrap your head around wedges anyway
    Indeed. Might give you a splitting headache.
    signature image

I must say, the number of members on these forums with precognition abilities is staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldierLTE View Post
    Yeah there's already a very lengthy thread where this discussion has been and is currently taking place.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=14656

Wrong link.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=146569

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldierLTE View Post
    Indeed. Might give you a splitting headache.

(click image to enlarge)

^ I'm interested in this weeks lottery numbers, if anyone wants to help a friend out?
    signature image

Do you have a Crystal ball? How can you be so sure? More over professor Trelawney.

There is no way of predicting sales at this point. There is a reasonable chance that many of those who picked up TR'13, will be interested in Rise when it comes to their platform. Not all and certain factors will make a difference, but it's a balancing act between the current customers and new ones. Lose some, win some. I'm talking more about the casual/general gamer market here, not the fan base which make up a small ish percentage of overall sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    I find it terribly comical that some of the same people who were talking about the exclusivity deal being a wedge driven into the Tomb Raider community are perpetuating negative energy, opposed to doing their share in uniting the community. It's utterly bonkers and I can't manage to wrap my head around it.

I think at this point, we've all managed to say everything there is to say regarding the deal. We know who's upset, we know who's happy and we know those who are unaffected. Why are we continuously talking in circles about what has basically been discussed to death when we could be talking about the actual game?
    I must concur. Even I, now that I know where I stand with regards to playing it, and being satisfied that I will get to play it, have moved on to talking about the game itself, or at least it's trailers, even starting a thread about them, as you are aware. I am displeased about having to wait a year, but as I said, if I am to wait, I am to wait. I know what action I will take in repsonse, as I have stated. But I am of the opinion that, now that the elephant has been addressed and is heading for the door, discussions about this whole sorry affair should begin drawing down. Displeased people should simply take whatever action they deem appropriate in response, as a I am planning to do, whether it is to boycott, or deprive them of money by waiting for the game to be discounted before buying it or buying it used.

And, by the way, I would like to announce to all that, beginning from release date for Xbox, I will be disappearing from this forum, as part of my plan to avoid spoilers until I get the game myself. If there is a way to voluntarily suspend my account, I will be doing so.

sales

I'd say more around 1.5 - 2 million actually...

And mods haven't deleted anything; they've just been moving moves to the dedicated thread, as mentioned earlier on this month
    On Xbox One? Based on what?

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    Do you have a Crystal ball? How can you be so sure? More over professor Trelawney.

There is no way of predicting sales at this point. There is a reasonable chance that many of those who picked up TR'13, will be interested in Rise when it comes to their platform. Not all and certain factors will make a difference, but it's a balancing act between the current customers and new ones. Lose some, win some. I'm talking more about the casual/general gamer market here, not the fan base which make up a small ish percentage of overall sales.
    Fallout 4 releases on the same day, games that aren't FPS don't sell well on Xbox, Tomb raider 2013 sold 350,000 copies on Xbox One (PC sold the same)and almost 1 million on PS4, Tomb Raider on 360 with a 80 million install base sold 1.8 million, and Xbox One has an install base of 13 million. 13 million is being bery generous in my opinion.

Let's add all that up....

The fans are sure mad about the Microsoft exclusivity deal , but I doubt that this is going to affect overall sales. The market does not include only the fan base... I have a feeling that it is not going to be lower than 500,000 , but no one knows....

I doubt that the figure will be that low. Remember that there are over 80 million 360's out there and many PS4 gamers also have one. In just a few months after the Xbox launch the 360 used copies will be seriously cheap and hard for the PlayStation owners to ignore, *if* they are TR fans & have a 360 gathering dust in the garage.

The real sales that are likely to suffer are the PS4 sales in a freaking years time. Asking a TR fan to wait that long is a big ask and the 360 route is more likely, seeing that you can pick up a used 360 console for less than the price of one new game. In a years time ROTTR 360 will probably be obtainable for under $15.

TBH, we REALLY have to thank SE for releasing the game on the last gen 360 day & date with XBONE...It gives PS & PC users a realistic 'in' if they want. Don't get me wrong, I will still be annoyed when I am playing ROTTR on a 360, whilst my shiny new PS4 just sits next to it doing nothing (just there...quietly sleeping until it will ROAR into life in March 2016!!!).
    "Aha!" - Lara Croft (1996).........."Arrrghhhh!" (2016)
    signature image

And, by the way, I would like to announce to all that, beginning from release date for Xbox, I will be disappearing from this forum, as part of my plan to avoid spoilers until I get the game myself. If there is a way to voluntarily suspend my account, I will be doing so.
    It might be worth adding a new board, like TRF are proposing...Something like:
    *) Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox)
    *) Rise of the Tomb Raider (PlayStation & PC)

The first one would become Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox & PC) soon enough and they could both be merged in a year...sniff!!!
    "Aha!" - Lara Croft (1996).........."Arrrghhhh!" (2016)
    signature image

Thats quite a prediction! Based on what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    I must say, the number of members on these forums with precognition abilities is staggering.
    It is amazing isn't it?

^ I'm interested in this weeks lottery numbers, if anyone wants to help a friend out?
    I'm sure the OP must already be a multi-millionaire from all their lottery wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post

Fallout 4 releases on the same day, games that aren't FPS don't sell well on Xbox, Tomb raider 2013 sold 350,000 copies on Xbox One (PC sold the same)and almost 1 million on PS4, Tomb Raider on 360 with a 80 million install base sold 1.8 million, and Xbox One has an install base of 13 million. 13 million is being bery generous in my opinion.

Let's add all that up....
    Well I won't be buying Fallout 4 or COD which are both out at the same time. Tomb Raider is my next must-have-go-to game this year (now that Batman AK is out). Could it be that there are many more people just like me? Let's add that up.

Quote Originally Posted by CroftManiac View Post
    The fans are sure mad about the Microsoft exclusivity deal , but I doubt that this is going to affect overall sales. The market does not include only the fan base... I have a feeling that it is not going to be lower than 500,000 , but no one knows....
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkiesXXV View Post
    I doubt that the figure will be that low. Remember that there are over 80 million 360's out there and many PS4 gamers also have one. In just a few months after the Xbox launch the 360 used copies will be seriously cheap and hard for the PlayStation owners to ignore, *if* they are TR fans & have a 360 gathering dust in the garage.

The real sales that are likely to suffer are the PS4 sales in a freaking years time. Asking a TR fan to wait that long is a big ask and the 360 route is more likely, seeing that you can pick up a used 360 console for less than the price of one new game. In a years time ROTTR 360 will probably be obtainable for under $15.

TBH, we REALLY have to thank SE for releasing the game on the last gen 360 day & date with XBONE...It gives PS & PC users a realistic 'in' if they want. Don't get me wrong, I will still be annoyed when I am playing ROTTR on a 360, whilst my shiny new PS4 just sits next to it doing nothing (just there...quietly sleeping until it will ROAR into life in March 2016!!!).
    Is that some optimism I detect there, BlueSkiesXXV ?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkiesXXV View Post
    It might be worth adding a new board, like TRF are proposing...Something like:
    *) Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox)
    *) Rise of the Tomb Raider (PlayStation & PC)

The first one would become Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox & PC) soon enough and they could both be merged in a year...sniff!!!
    Good idea! I'm sure Driber et al are already thinking about how to manage the situation.
    signature image

On Xbox One? Based on what?
    Did either of us mention Xbone specifically? And based on people who buy video games, of course
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by rafaelmendes23 View Post
    Of course they don't owe us nothing. They know, we know, everyone knows. But the same goes both ways...
    We don't owe them nothing, and we can simply not buy the game right away. As simple as that.
    What difference does it make, if they get our money day one (+1 year) or a year later (+another year)? We owe nothing to each other.

If they want to have a happy client, they have to work for it. Never forget that the most important thing in a business, is to make your clients happy. Without clients, there will be no partnerships. We don't have to tolerate everything they do just because, and if I think that what they're are doing is not the best for me as a costumer, I will show them for certain.

I'll buy the game for sure, but I either buy it when the price drops, or I'll buy it used.
    I would buy the game day one, hell I would even preorder it like I did with the previous title, but not after this. And you can argue with that, but it changes nothing. I have the final decision, it is my money.
    Glad to see there's at least one person who "gets" it and I can agree with (well, apart from the "I'll buy the game for sure part" of course). It's a nice change from all the fighting in this thread and all the people who do not even try to understand the other side and think that everyone is supposed to mindlessly throw their money at CD and SE.

Quote Originally Posted by s-jay2676 View Post
    Glad to see there's at least one person who "gets" it and I can agree with (well, apart from the "I'll buy the game for sure part" of course). It's a nice change from all the fighting in this thread and all the people who do not even try to understand the other side and think that everyone is supposed to mindlessly throw their money at CD and SE.
    Who thinks this? No-one should mindlessly throw throw money at anything! I haven't noticed any fighting either.
    signature image

Same here, did the same for the reboot, probably for much longer, for it is unknown when will I be able to play the game on PC (I have a crappy PC for today's standards).
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

Page 122 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172 ... LastLast