Thread: The patients in the asylum (spoilers inside)

The patients in the asylum (spoilers inside)

The patients in the asylum (spoilers inside)

Hi everybody, I must say that The Forsaken is one of the best characterized and atmospheric levels I played in my life.
    The scripted scary events are a touch of class and the design is awesome.
    But, I completely disliked the part where you free the mad patients. The reason is: until that moment I was deep into an horror atmosphere with ghosts, monsters and the fear of undeads coming out suddenly (just like in the Cradle of Shalebridge). But encountering those living human guys scattering around eased all the suspance, tension and the sense of unknown horrors in the atmosphere. They were just silly thugs roaming around so I quickly knocked them out. I would have preferred to encounter undead patients, maybe with one of them looking into a hole just like the ghost in the m01 cell. It would have been thrilling and harder to play, since you cannot knock out undeads (I also hope that this can be fixed and the patients replaced, with a mod or a patch). Luckily, the next part with freaks is awesomely scaring and restores the suspance. What do you think about? Do you agree with me?

I totally agree. The worst part is that EM didn't bother to record extra dialogue for them, so they just use the guards' lines. I liked the part where they beat one of the other prisoners to death, because that made them threatening, but after that, they were just reskinned Watch members.