Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Where the hell is Deus EX 4?

Where the hell is Deus EX 4?

Where the hell is Deus EX 4?

*Moderator Edit/Updates*

The latest report hinting at the possible title and containing a new image showing DXU concept art.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/n...oMZVH3bVqHrEpV

Originally Posted by Ashpolt
    http://community.eidosmontreal.com/b...x?theme=deusex

Key quote:

"I’m pleased to confirm that we are already into production of the starting point for Deus Ex: Universe with a new game for PC and next-generation consoles. We’re very excited about it at the studio and I wanted to let you know that most of the team behind Deus Ex: Human Revolution is already working hard on this new game."

__ *end of edit/update*

Guys, you are killing me. No information at e3, no screens, no trailers... nothing... The last game was being released almost three years ago. I need anything to enjoy something, even if its only a pressrelease like: Guys we are kicking ass next time with deus ex 4. Better. Bigger. Don´t be so cruel

And do not forget:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=139668

A die hardcore fan really almost dying hard.

Originally Posted by David Holy
    Guys, you are killing me. No information at e3, no screens, no trailers... nothing... The last game was being released almost three years ago. I need anything to enjoy something, even if its only a pressrelease like: Guys we are kicking ass next time with deus ex 4. Better. Bigger. Don´t be so cruel

And do not forget:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=139668

A die hardcore fan really almost dying hard.
    While I share your sentiments, I'm really just looking for some small bit of information or a screenshot or two. Hell, some more concept art would be better than nothing! As for the game itself, they can (and should) take as long as necessary to make it an improvement over DX:HR and- dare I say it?- the original Deus Ex. I don't want just another cut-and-paste sequel to a "franchise." I want something groundbreaking, something unique, something that we'll be talking about for the next 10-15 years to come.

And that kind of quality takes time.

Still, doesn't mean they can't throw us a bone or two on the update front.

Originally Posted by WildcatPhoenix
    As for the game itself, they can (and should) take as long as necessary to make it an improvement over DX:HR and- dare I say it?- the original Deus Ex.
    Never going to happen without Spector/Smith/Pacotti/Todd/Brandon/van den Bos.

Okay maybe only the first 2 are the most important but still...

I agree that EM should take their time. I hope they also got a new lead writer or the lead writer had the big epiphany (not going to happen).

EM will only release information when they're absolutely ready to do so. Gotta respect their stubbornness, but it'd be so nice to reignite some excitement already, and it'd only take a small statement as described above.

I'm relying on JJB to throw us a morsel or two...
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Yeah just be patient. As I said before the lack of information either means they are really knuckling down and don't feel ready to reveal anything (which is good) or there are internal issues affecting development.

make it an improvement over DX:HR and- dare I say it?- the original Deus Ex.
    Originally Posted by Adrian Shephard
    Never going to happen without Spector/Smith/Pacotti/Todd/Brandon/van den Bos.
    *cough*

By the time a teaser is release, probably a 10 second one, everybody will be too busy playing Battlefield:Hardline
    ,COD:AW and Sunset Overdrive. Hell I'm more excited for SSOD then this right now.

Looks like they missed the chance to show that their game is more then just some shooter.

We're still going to get information before anybody who bought the Director's Cut has their issues fixed, so it's not taking that long.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

Originally Posted by OneUp77
    By the time a teaser is release, probably a 10 second one, everybody will be too busy playing Battlefield:Hardline
    ,COD:AW and Sunset Overdrive. Hell I'm more excited for SSOD then this right now.

Looks like they missed the chance to show that their game is more then just some shooter.
    As long as it isn't a montage of scenes/conspiracies that will never be in the game.

As long as it isn't a montage of scenes/conspiracies that will never be in the game.
    After EM/SE released their trailer for DX:HR they caught the attention of some very powerful people, what with lines such as "Corporations have more power than the government", and the inclusion of the all-seeing eye. EM/SE recieved very firm, confident and menacing threats that in short read something along the lines of "Cease & desist or face your final consequences", or so the rumours say. This forced EM to cut content from the game, remove the majority of educational & influential content regarding conspiracies, and dumb down the gameplay for sales as their game was already torn down so they had little choice; the quality of what once was a great game had been suppressed by this powerful influence.
    This is why things don't add up in DX:HR, it's gameplay is somewhat lacklustre, it lacks memorable moments and content was clearly cut. The masses must stay as docile and ignorant as always.

Haha, I wish I could justify Human Revolution turning out like it did with that story.
    Speed up the accelerating returns, 'cause carbon doesn’t work, I want to evolve and operate at terahertz.

Originally Posted by CyberP
    "Corporations have more power than the government"
    As I was playing through HR the first time, that quote kept ringing in my head. I was waiting for the moment Adam said that/ the big reveal showed up.

Boy, was I disappointed.

I think they are preparing gameplay and will show at Gamescom 2014 August.

Originally Posted by Lucifer
    Gamescom 2014 August.
    Augmented fingers crossed.
    signature image

Highly unlikely but we can keep dreaming, right?
    Carpe diem!

I'd like to think so, but none of the Gamescom previews I've read anticipate a major presentation from Square or mention DX4 at all. Doesn't necessarily mean there's no chance, but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

I enjoy it when my hopes go up.
    signature image

I just realized:

zwanzig always has at least 1 "bro" in his messages

Viktoria always has at least one smiley in her messages

Maybe they're related?

Titles missed at E3 , there is Cyberpunk and Deus Ex ,two very interesting titles.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/55666...ed-e3-2014.htm

While I share your sentiments, I'm really just looking for some small bit of information or a screenshot or two. Hell, some more concept art would be better than nothing! As for the game itself, they can (and should) take as long as necessary to make it an improvement over DX:HR and- dare I say it?- the original Deus Ex. I don't want just another cut-and-paste sequel to a "franchise." I want something groundbreaking, something unique, something that we'll be talking about for the next 10-15 years to come.

And that kind of quality takes time.

Still, doesn't mean they can't throw us a bone or two on the update front.
    Would be great if they would catch up to the first Deus Ex... there isnt much missing, in my oppinion. A bit more man in black, Walter Simons and Co... (maybe Backgroundstory, production, etc..), more consequences, swimming again, lockpicking revival, more secrets, more locations, more more But honestly, i think the need to surpass the "old" game. I am confident that there will be huge improvements in gameplay.

I dont think they will show something at gamescom. Although gamescom is regarding visitors the largest convention in the gamesector.

Viktoria always has at least one smiley in her messages
    An exaggeration and so not true. Check my post history.
    signature image

DX4 is currently on hold due to Square's desire to sell mobile games at an outrageous price.

I was desperately hoping for something out of gamescom but it would appear the wait continues. This is as excruciating as when we had to wait an eternity for more having seen a bionic embryo (seriously, how long was that wait?!)

Gamescom goes until the 17th. I know most of the announcements are done, but we can hope.

It is totally ridiculous that we have gameplay footage of the Tomb Raider sequel to a game that came out last year, while HR has been out for three years and we haven't heard a goddamn thing.

Originally Posted by Shralla
    It is totally ridiculous that we have gameplay footage of the Tomb Raider sequel to a game that came out last year, while HR has been out for three years and we haven't heard a goddamn thing.
    To be fair to EM, a game like Deus Ex will take a lot longer to develop than one like Tomb Raider. I'd have been very, very concerned if they'd started showing a sequel to DXHR only a year after its release, as they did with Tomb Raider. I'm more than happy to wait for a new Deus Ex game - as long as the time is spent well.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last