Thread: Any new DLCs in the works? UPDATE: No further DLC planned for Thief

Any new DLCs in the works? UPDATE: No further DLC planned for Thief

Originally Posted by New Horizon
    Well, it was a rather poor one..
    Not at all. The example was to illustrate that poll corruption occurs... so it served its purpose.

I don't think the voting at TTLG is any less reliable than here.
    TTLG is just an example. I have already said I don't take any of this stuff too seriously, here or elsewhere.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Originally Posted by Viktoria
    Not at all. The example was to illustrate why I don't take polls and other such things too seriously... so it served its purpose.
    That's not what you said though.

For example, I would not take any poll from TTLG seriously because a while ago a mischievous magpie sent me a link to posts discussing cheating and why its cool to score the game low on various platforms, even though not all platforms were played!
    You're illustration singled out TTLG and you used a situation where 1 user cast their vote for the game across multiple platforms on a site that was not TTLG.

I feel like you're taking this all too personally. TTLG is just an example. I have already said I don't take any of this stuff too seriously, here or elsewhere.
    lol Haven't taken it seriously at all. Like I said, it's just a rather poor example. If there is some evidence of corruption at TTLG then it would be more accurate to use that as an example.

See my edits.
    You're illustration singled out TTLG...
    I started "for example" right at the beginning; I did not single out.
    Now you are taking it far too personally and missing out crucial parts of my sentences.
    signature image

Now you are taking it far too personally and missing out crucial parts of my sentences.
    Sorry, I'm still not taking it personally. You're post simply could have benefited from a better example.

The example illustrated that vote corruption occurs, so not sure how or even why it needs to be better.
    signature image

The example illustrated that vote corruption occurs, so not sure how or even why it needs to be better.
    Agreed. Also there is a gang mentality if you're a regular at TTLG, which has been there since I can remember visiting (about 1999).
    Dwight Schrute: Every weekend I volunteer at the local animal shelter and they need a lot of help down there. Last Sunday I had to put down a hundred and fifty pets by myself.

Originally Posted by ⓣⓐⓕⓕⓔⓡ
    Agreed. Also there is a gang mentality if you're a regular at TTLG, which has been there since I can remember visiting (about 1999).
    Both TTLG and the Eidos forums were very welcoming to me. I joined them roughly around the same time years ago. The regulars on both boards at the time were nothing but kind. There are hard heads and bullies on every board. This place is no exception.

There are hard heads and bullies on every board.
    Very true - its really all down to admin and whether or not they allow this type of behaviour to dominate their forum. It depends what type of forum they want to be and the reputation they hope to earn.

This place is no exception.
    The important point is that Eidos don't allow that sort of mentality here... thanks to the ToU.
    It means thread discussions remain much more meaningful and interesting. At least they are for me.... I've never been one who likes wasting my time reading personal attacks. Its so pointless.
    signature image

@Viktoria -

I think NH's point was that you specifically mentioned TTLG, but the "mischievous magpie" you refer to actually skewed a poll on another site (Metacritic) which had nothing to do with TTLG's poll. So it's a bit unfair for you to say you "would not take any poll from TTLG seriously." There's no grounds for that kind of statement.

Stating "for example" and then mentioning a specific place (TTLG) is pretty much singling something out by definition. It'd be like me saying "For instance, the moderators on some gaming boards, like Eidos Montreal's, are really awful."

And no, I'm not taking this personally either. It's just difficult to get a point across to you sometimes.

Btw, where can I find your review of the new Thief game?
    "I can see only one good thing coming from a Thief 4. Mark my words on this one. It will make people love Deadly Shadows." -Digital Nightfall (4/4/2008)

Originally Posted by brethren
    So it's a bit unfair for you to say you "would not take any poll from TTLG seriously." There's no grounds for that kind of statement.
    There are grounds and its totally fair; and it was only one example as to why I wouldn't trust TTLG. There are plenty of other reasons too and everyone who is familiar with the site will know exactly what I mean. I'm sure you do yourself.

PS. You misunderstand - the mischievous magpie/person I refer to is not the cheater or anyone who entered a poll.

Btw, where can I find your review of the new Thief game?
    The fan review thread.
    signature image

Looks like the TTLG guys are taking this far too personally.
    Dwight Schrute: Every weekend I volunteer at the local animal shelter and they need a lot of help down there. Last Sunday I had to put down a hundred and fifty pets by myself.

There is no need. Its only my personal opinion regarding the nature of polls on fan sites.

__

So let's return to topic - it appears no DLC is planned for Thief. I can live with this; but obviously still hope for a sequel.
    signature image

You proceed from a false assumption. This was the first Thief forum I signed up for, followed by TTLG. I would like to think I don't have to be labeled one or the other simply to satisfy some need to maintain an 'us vs them' mentality. We are Thief community members pointing something out. Nothing more.

You proceed from a false assumption.
    And so do you...

...simply to satisfy some need to maintain an 'us vs them' mentality.
    There is no need I have noticed, nor a 'us vs them' mentality going on from anyone in this discussion.
    Perhaps we can all get back on topic now, as previously suggested.
    signature image

And so do you...

There is no need I have noticed, nor a 'us vs them' mentality going on from anyone in this discussion.
    Perhaps we can all get back on topic now, as previously suggested.
    My response was intended for ⓣⓐⓕⓕⓔⓡ.

[COLOR="Lime"]There are grounds and its totally fair; and it was only one example as to why I wouldn't trust TTLG. There are plenty of other reasons too and everyone who is familiar with the site will know exactly what I mean. I'm sure you do yourself.
    Well, now who's taking things too personally? But I suppose I might too if I was banned over there.
    "I can see only one good thing coming from a Thief 4. Mark my words on this one. It will make people love Deadly Shadows." -Digital Nightfall (4/4/2008)

Well, now who's taking things too personally?
    Not taken personally. I was discussing all the personal attacks that go on there that people can read for themselves. I presume nothing has changed.

But I suppose I might too if I was banned over there.
    Although completely off topic, I will entertain you.
    Can you explain the reason for my ban? Can you see any evidence of why I deserved a ban?
    Nope.

My ban from TTLG in no way bothers me personally. I'm above that.. so you are mistaken to think it does.
    In fact, the action merely serves as yet another example, if you like, as to why I would not trust a fan site like that. My personal opinion. You can keep yours.

Now I will politely ask (for the last time)... let's return this thread to topic. DLC.
    signature image

Sometimes the reasons for a ban are based on things that aren't visible publicly. And with that said, let's move on.

So, DLC... Oh wait, I guess there's not much to talk about on that topic. Not yet at least. Dishonored's DLC (as an example) came out 6 months after the game was released. We're not quite at that point yet with Thief, so it wouldn't be unusual if we didn't see any DLC until late fall or so. But if we get to October or November and nothing's been announced, it's probably not going to happen.

Sometimes the reasons for a ban are based on things that aren't visible publicly.
    Such as; in my case? Take it to PM and enlighten me please.
    signature image

Well, about the reception; maybe this illustrates my personal perception of the issue: Take this forum. I came here because I really like this game; yet I find regardless of the original topic, every thread is about people pointing out how terrible the game is, arguing with people defending it.

Having played the game ever since it released, I can absolutely understand why it got bad reviews from a bunch of sites. Everything enjoyable about this game is... slow. The game became a part of my daily routine. At evenings, I go out to The City for a stroll; re-playing chapters sometimes to get some extra cash - but the most important thing is, literally every day I play the game, I find something new. Be it a loot item I ommited in the streets, a collectible even, or just a virgin beam for the rope arrow.

Call it stockholm syndrome, but something makes me play and enjoy it ever since it released. Yes, I too am a veteran fan; Yes, Garrett is my childhood hero and I awaited this game for ten years. Yes, I WANTED it to be good. So now that I think it actually IS good, it doesn't matter whether that is subjectively or objectively wrong, because it's entertainment.

But we need to stay realistic - it is absolutely obvious that SE and EM are not very eager to support the game any further. Distancing themselves from it even; every published tweet or post is about DE:HR and Adam Jensen; because they know the hardcore fanbase loves them for it as much as they hate them for Thief. While I beg to differ, I am around the net, and it's just a reasonable decision; me and a few people wanting both DLC and a sequel that fleshes out their "final" premise, aren't enough to make up for the reputation Thief has for "failed reboot mainstream".

P.S.: ...despite IMO even the latest Thief is way too pacifistic and slow paced to ever appeal to any "mainstream" game fan I can think of.
    Efficiency is the flavour of greed that doesn't get you killed.

Such as; in my case? Take it to PM and enlighten me please.

You dont kow how can i understand you Dear Viktoria

i had a similar problem time ago in I would be happy to know your opinion about it , i did several missions much appreciated, graphically innovative, appreciated even by those who tried to kills me (I'm making a legal cause to remove them from his site) and he stubbornly refused to remove them.

ok, this person opened a flame thread against me, provoking and insulting. Now this person has never opened an editor, how can you judge what you've never been able to do?

I was provoked, I did "report button" several times on ttlg.
    the moderators have not done anything , What do you expect from me? I am Latin , after a while I lose my patience , I build cathedrals I did not lose time on nonsense , after a while I sent someone to hell..

Note : im a guest there not a banned. which is different this means freedom .

I have many friends on TTLG , just because im not posting there this don't means that they are my enemies , my missions have been played all over the world. america, england, germany. poland, russia. of course when you do these things, you fell likes an angel , you will also find some idiot , some envious , is normal ,is normal. but if you look at the threads views you realize that it is worth it ,,The Wall Thread had 4000 views , so why worry about some troll ? have you idea how many people are 4000 ?

and is very nice when someone ask to you: "

IronEAgle " please can you tell me where is the key for open the safe in the castle ? "
    it's funny answer: I'm sorry , but i don't want say it to you

Originally Posted by HawkflyAway
    I would be happy to know your opinion about it...
    No can do. If its a legal issue, you need to see a lawyer. Opinions are of no value to you, only the law is.

Other than that, this thread is about Thief DLC and I'm trying so very hard to steer people back on course. Hint, hint.
    signature image

No can do. If its a legal issue, you need to see a lawyer. Opinions are of no value to you, only the ...
    In fact we sent the first letter and guy becomes rational humble immediately I saw you talk about ttlg and I wanted say my opinion about . anyway asked about ttlg not the law. That OK. Law that is sacre . I says the same of you about some ttlg member
    Goblins are everywhere .(off topic end)

OK back on topic dlc we should ask to our cm if em have interest in releasing dlc .i ll be glad to play and make one of them (if them include the editor) kiss

Originally Posted by HawkflyAway
    OK back on topic dlc we should ask to our cm if em have interest in releasing dlc .i ll be glad to play and make one of them (if them include the editor) kiss

According to the official facebook page, EM have no plans to release further DLC for Thief.
    signature image

According to the official facebook page, EM have no plans to release further DLC for Thief.
    And good riddance.

I've said it before, I'll say it again:

EM should give the Thief license to a smaller studio, one without the massive overhead and global market aspirations of their parent company. Garrett doesn't belong in the AAA hype machine. He belongs with a group of people who will treat him and his world with respect, who won't have to butcher the series for the sake of an impossible-to-meet bottom line.

Page 3 of 5 First First 12345 Last