Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Did you like Caius Ballad?(Spoilz)

Did you like Caius Ballad?(Spoilz)

I liked him because he was different from all the other FF villains.

yeah good for you *smiles*

Ehhhhhh. He was a decent villain, nowhere near on the plane of Kefka, but still alot better then some others. I liked how his intents were not for pure evil, there was still a bit of humanity peeking through.

i liked caius

Caius might be my favorite villain in the series. Well, Kuja and him might be tied. I love Caius' backstory and motives~

Ew Kuja XD

I loved Caius. He should definitely be up in the top FF villians somewhere, Kefka being # 1.

SPOILERS for those who have not played/beaten the game.

I also find it crazy how even though he was killed, he still got what he wanted. We won the battle but he won the war. Also what the hell was his relationship with Yeul? She was like 15 but Noel & Caius were all "I love you" & such towards before Caius was driven insane.

I liked him a lot more than I thought I would. I thought the whole Yeul thing with him was going to annoy me to hell by the end of the game but it didn't lol. It's one of those stories where you can kind of sympathize with the villian a little. Just a little.

Originally Posted by firasa

I loved Caius. He should definitely be up in the top FF villians somewhere, Kefka being # 1.

SPOILERS for those who have not played/beaten the game.

I also find it crazy how even though he was killed, he still got what he wanted. We won the battle but he won the war. Also what the hell was his relationship with Yeul? She was like 15 but Noel & Caius were all "I love you" & such towards before Caius was driven insane.

Well if you were at the end of the world with the only female being 15 years old, I don't think at that point age would matter that much XD

Although a little more creepy for Caius then Noel lol

I liked him more than Orphan(a smiling wheel), Barthandelus comes off as more wicked though.

I'm kinda mixed about him. He's pretty cool, and FFXIII needed a decent villain.

Admittedly at first I didn't find him deep enough to like/dislike him, but during the end battles, he really started growing on me and I wanted nothing more than to give him Yeul in a flower-filled woven basket and send him on his merry way. That was until the not-so-secret (I saw it coming a mile away) ending happened and he lost the accumulated sympathy/respect I had for him. That said, I still find his voice utterly irritating and charming.

Originally Posted by LadyAlaska
    Admittedly at first I didn't find him deep enough to like/dislike him, but during the end battles, he really started growing on me and I wanted nothing more than to give him Yeul in a flower-filled woven basket and send him on his merry way. That was until the not-so-secret (I saw it coming a mile away) ending happened and he lost the accumulated sympathy/respect I had for him. That said, I still find his voice utterly irritating and charming.
    wow this seemed interesting and i haven't finshed the frist one yet,

i can tell you this...i really like the look of his weapon!

Not really. He uses cheap tactics in fights..kinda irks me. And I don't think his intentions are as "pure" or whatever in that he just wants to save Yeul...he and Yeul have something more cynical planned. Like what LadyAlaska said above, the secret ending really gives you a sense that he's not what you think he is. He says "Let us being Yeul" um..begin what? I sure doesn't sound like he's telling Yeul that he wants to being their lives together happily ever after, it's more cynical that he and Yeul are surely planning something. On the same note, I think Yeul's evil (at least one of them). Like in the Void Beyond where Serah was stuck in and the many Yeuls were there. The last Yeul, who states herself as being the Yeul of all ages, and the Yeul that dies in all ages had chaos swarming all over her. I think that's the evil Yeul. And in Acedemia 500AF, when Serah and Noel hear's Yeul's voice the first time, chaos is seen coming out of the ground. And of course, the Lighting DLC *spoilers* of Yeul taking Serah hostage...and her oh so creepy evil laugh.

But back to Caius...he needs a more original design. Everything about him resembles Kain to me. I mean, the purple hair, the same voice and voice actor, the dragon armor. I mean...really? I also didn't like his boots...the boots with heels and furry accents, seems like what a girl would wear.

Originally Posted by Farron
    i can tell you this...i really like the look of his weapon!
    yeah it is kidna cool (despite the fact it sort of looks like soul edge,) yep a definly powerful weapon

What I like the most about Caius is that he can transform into a dark version of Fang's Bahamut. ¨

*Spoilers regarding the final battle*

But turning into not 1, not 2, but 3 Bahamuts during the last fight is awesome (Dying Sun is my favorite attack).
    One who knows nothing can understand nothing.

I thought Caius' level of awesome was on par with Kefka and Sephiroth. That's saying alot, considering how bad ass they were. Caius had this (very understandible) controlled insanity about him. Laim O'brien potrayed this excellently imo. You almost see him lose it when he talks about "daming the river of time" to save Yuel but then he gains control over himself. Out of all the FF characters he and lighting are able to "focus" the most. It speaks volumes on the message behind how he carries Etro's heart and the immensity of their wills. Makes for almost rivalry to me.

Originally Posted by MugenKB1
    Not really. He uses cheap tactics in fights..kinda irks me. And I don't think his intentions are as "pure" or whatever in that he just wants to save Yeul...he and Yeul have something more cynical planned. Like what LadyAlaska said above, the secret ending really gives you a sense that he's not what you think he is. He says "Let us being Yeul" um..begin what? I sure doesn't sound like he's telling Yeul that he wants to being their lives together happily ever after, it's more cynical that he and Yeul are surely planning something. On the same note, I think Yeul's evil (at least one of them). Like in the Void Beyond where Serah was stuck in and the many Yeuls were there. The last Yeul, who states herself as being the Yeul of all ages, and the Yeul that dies in all ages had chaos swarming all over her. I think that's the evil Yeul. And in Acedemia 500AF, when Serah and Noel hear's Yeul's voice the first time, chaos is seen coming out of the ground. And of course, the Lighting DLC *spoilers* of Yeul taking Serah hostage...and her oh so creepy evil laugh.

But back to Caius...he needs a more original design. Everything about him resembles Kain to me. I mean, the purple hair, the same voice and voice actor, the dragon armor. I mean...really? I also didn't like his boots...the boots with heels and furry accents, seems like what a girl would wear.
    Haha, I saw Kain too! It seems Lightning is fated to clash with men in purple and haughty voices.

I think my favorite thing about Caius was waiting for Square to pull their standard "lolnope, main antagonist is controlled/upstaged by ANOTHER antagonist" and it never happening. Biggest plot twist of the game. :P

I like Caius because he has te Soul Edge Weapon look alike.

I like him. From all the FFs I've played, he's the only villian that isn't being manipulated, actually has a goal, instead of just wanting power of being crazy, and is just cool. He's like the Auron of villains.

I did like Caius as well.

I liked him. He had a great VA and actually completed what he set out to do.

Originally Posted by Dils

I liked him. He had a great VA and actually completed what he set out to do.

yeah, he was voiced by Liam O'brien (who also voiced Kain Highwind) and yes, he is one of the successful villains who accomplished his/her goal like Kefka and the Emperor

Page 1 of 3 123 Last