Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: Did you like Caius Ballad?(Spoilz)

Did you like Caius Ballad?(Spoilz)

I liked him a lot. He did think for himself, and though he was cheap, he was definitely strong. He wasn't hiding from any Jenova, and he was there to protect Yeul, which is very sweet.

He is second to Kefka. He also accomplishes his goal, though it made me cry. A lot.

Seriously, it's like we did this all for naught!

His theme is badass too.

To be honest, I don't have that much respect for him. He's a good warrior and deserves to be a guardian, but near the end of the game, you can tell how desperate he is and how his mind has warped. It's actually kind of sad, really. Seeing the same person die over and over is enough to drive anyone up the wall. Still, that was his role as Guardian. He wasn't supposed to falter in that aspect.

It further more shows how selfish he was. I'm pretty sure most of the Yeul's were getting sick of what he was trying to do (save for one, at least, which is why I sort of agree with MugenKB1, it may also suggest that Caius wasn't working of his own accord), which would mean that he was doing what he did to end his suffering, not for Yeul.

As for fighting him, honestly, up until the end of the game, the only reason he was unbeatable was because of the Heart of Etro.

Of course, I have to give him a few pointers. He did successfully complete his mission. I also believe that he would be pretty imposing without the Heart of Etro.

I think for the most part, Caius was an alright villian overall (aside from the fact he looked like an indian that fell into a Skittles bag).

His intentions were cloudy at best. I hear a lot about how he just wants to save Yeul, and people outright defending him, but at the end of the day, he wanted to do what all bad guys dream of: destroying the world. So no matter how "noble" those that defend him claims he is, you got to break it down to what's more important: The world, or one girl?

Originally Posted by Kuja9001
    I liked him because he was different from all the other FF villains.

He was all right...I guess. It was interesting to have a villain who wasn't necessarily a "bad guy", per se. The whole Guardian thing made me think of FFX.

Speaking of which, Seymour Guado will always be my favorite villain. But that's another story...

...Eh, who am I kiddin'. Caius was crap. I only like his voice actor (same one who did the voice of Grimoire Weiss in Nier). Then again, all of FFXIII-2 was in my opinion. I love change and additions to the FF series, but not when it makes it into something completely NOT Final Fantasy.

Time travel? Why? What part of FFXIII gave any hint of ANYTHING relating to FFXIII-2? Save the time travel for a Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross sequel, Squeenix.

caius was a good ff villain ,definately better than barthandelus in my opinion

Originally Posted by Zyzxx

I love change and additions to the FF series, but not when it makes it into something completely NOT Final Fantasy.

Time travel? Why? ... Save the time travel for a Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross sequel, Squeenix.

This has been addressed in other threads, but time travel has consistently been an element in the series. Hell, the original installment's main plot device was a time paradox.

Originally Posted by Zyzxx
    Time travel? Why? What part of FFXIII gave any hint of ANYTHING relating to FFXIII-2? Save the time travel for a Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross sequel, Squeenix.

lol, somebody never played FF1 or FF8.

I thought the time-traveling gig was pretty cool the first few hours. Then it grew stale and really redundant.

Caius is cool as. Especially how he is how old, his deep emotions for Yeul, is cool. He is a good villain because he is different from others, unlike Seymour, Edea and Venegun. Awesome!!!!

Originally Posted by Nikita Ruby

Caius is cool as. Especially how he is how old, his deep emotions for Yeul, is cool. He is a good villain because he is different from others, unlike Seymour, Edea and Venegun. Awesome!!!!

Wait. lol You think it's cool for a late 20's to early 30's looking guy to have "deep emotions" for a 14 to 17 year old girl? Creepy! I r kidding, don't take it personally.

He is pretty cool though. Although I dislike his purple indian hair, the overall character is well designed. The fact that people can somewhat understand why he's trying to destroy the world/end time itself says a lot.

Originally Posted by imported_Wayne
    Originally Posted by Nikita Ruby

Wait. lol You think it's cool for a late 20's to early 30's looking guy to have "deep emotions" for a 14 to 17 year old girl? Creepy! I r kidding, don't take it personally.

I am not saying he's the best, and I mean, he wants to tear the skies for one girl. Call me crazy, but he cannot bear her dying more longer. It is devastating how, poor Cocoon, and the ending sucks. Serah dies, and Lightning changes to crystal, accepting defeat, Sux. Come to think, Cauis is ruthless. All I'm saying is he's all good, no offence

I think it'd be more accurate to say he's a good person, with bad intentions. No matter what the situation, I don't think there's any single reason to wipe out everyone for the sake of one ( unlucky ) girl.

I think it'd be more accurate to say he's a good person, with bad intentions. No matter what the situation, I don't think there's any single reason to wipe out everyone for the sake of one ( unlucky ) girl.

True, maybe thats why I hate him, one reason, but other are good. The storyline for FFXIII-2 Could had approved, Serah sux. Yea

I can't say that Serah sucks. She's a good character overall, but not exactly hero material. Assuming there's a XIII-3, I hope she's a character that we can have in a Party.

One thing that irks me, is when she say's "Good boy!" to Lightning when she kills something. Noel too! Noel tells her he's going to get her a treat. Lightning=dog?

I can't say that Serah sucks. She's a good character overall, but not exactly hero material. Assuming there's a XIII-3, I hope she's a character that we can have in a Party.

One thing that irks me, is when she say's "Good boy!" to Lightning when she kills something. Noel too! Noel tells her he's going to get her a treat. Lightning=dog?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! I hadn't realized that

I enjoyed Caius' battle themes but have to say, as a character, he is severely lacking. His only in-depth character development occurs in Dying World towards the end of the game and it still isn't enough to ellicit a strong connection with the player. Furthermore his battles are simple and repetitive. (Atleast Seymour changed forms everytime we fought him.) Caius battles were always just single formed and at times fighting that form 3 times before the battle ends. I would have liked to see a few more cutscenes with Caius in them and possibly be able to play as him if even for a little bit. Like when we got to play as Sephiroth, Seifer, or Edea.
    “Turn to the light. Don't fear the shadow it creates.”

Originally Posted by Kuja9001
    I liked him because he was different from all the other FF villains.
    Hey, i agree Caius was a very different villian, kinda got me off guard,

But to me personally Sepiroth is the best villian there is but caius is in my top 5

Ciaus is my favorite FF villan because in MY opnion, hes masculine (minus his slightly feminine colors). I basically like him because his facial features are very different from all the other FF men...so are Noel's

Yes, I did like Caius because even though he was the villain to some, but still you could sympathize with him though.

I liked him because he was hot, had the character designs reminscent of Amano's work, and had a gorgeous voice (I love Liam O'Brian's work *_*).

As for his actual character, I could kind of sympathize with his situation. Forced into immortality and can do nothing but watch the person he dearly loves die over and over. But stopping time was kind of silly way to deal with it xD

I'm pretty neutral toward Caius. Like others have said, he reminded me way too much of Kain - Liam O'Brian is a great VO, but they should have cast someone else after his Dissidia 012 performance. His design was also sort of silly (why did his sword have earrings??) but I think most of the character designs in XIII-2 were kind of wtf, so I can let that one slide.

Overall, I actually think Barthandelus was the better villain, even though I don't think Barty was a particularly great villain at all. His motivations and methods were clear and believable for his character, but with Caius it's not really clear why exactly we're fighting him and what he's trying to accomplish. I know that's by design, but it just made me feel less invested in his character.

yep one of my favorite antigonist

I have a little more respect for Caius after remembering the plot from FFX. Yuna had Guardians who guided her and were willing to give their life for her. Caius is the same way for Yeul, except the only way he can save her is by commiting such an evil as destroying the world.

I agree above though about the VA. I always think Kain whenever I hear Caius.
    “Turn to the light. Don't fear the shadow it creates.”

I liked Caius's personality but I thought his sword looked a little weird ._.

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last