Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CD/SE if possible...

Smile CD/SE if possible...

Please dont put the Therapy Trailer as part of the Game, let us start the Game with Lara Allone and what the Story of the Game is about. Hence dont let the Game be Depressing.

Basically the same with Sam, mention her in upcoming Trailers with the rest of the Crew as to what happens to them, but Dont mention or put them in ROTTR

Put whatever in the Comics like whatever happened to Lara's Parents, so it can be Resolved quickly if they are Dead or Alive so we can start a Fresh Lara Croft Tomb Raider Game.

For the Sam Lovers, please make an Unlockable Skin for them to play as Sam if they want her so bad.

Remember the Movie Brave, None of their Trailers made it onto the Movie, so please do it like that.

Should the Game have Flashbacks throughout with Lara in Therapy while we see Scenes from TR2013 plus we see what happened to the Crew and Sam afterwards during the Game until finally at the End of the Game we hear Lara say: They become who they are meant to be in witch then we get an Actual TR3 Game.

Basically, do you want the Game to be a Total Therapy Session with Lara Sobbing and trying to pull herself together.

Quote Originally Posted by daventry View Post
    Please dont put the Therapy Trailer as part of the Game, let us start the Game with Lara Allone and what the Story of the Game is about. Hence dont let the Game be Depressing.
    A few shots of Lara in therapy in the in-game intro FMV is going to make the whole game depressing now?

Put whatever in the Comics like whatever happened to Lara's Parents, so it can be Resolved quickly if they are Dead or Alive so we can start a Fresh Lara Croft Tomb Raider Game.
    Lara's parents is obviously a big deal in Lara's story, so to "quickly get it over with in the comics" would be lame, IMO.

For the Sam Lovers, please make an Unlockable Skin for them to play as Sam if they want her so bad.
    Oh hell no!

Kurtis was enough, thank you very much

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Remember the Movie Brave, None of their Trailers made it onto the Movie, so please do it like that.
    Haven't seen the movie, but I don't care what they did. TR is TR, Brave is Brave.

Should the Game have Flashbacks throughout with Lara in Therapy while we see Scenes from TR2013 plus we see what happened to the Crew and Sam afterwards during the Game until finally at the End of the Game we hear Lara say: They become who they are meant to be in witch then we get an Actual TR3 Game.

Basically, do you want the Game to be a Total Therapy Session with Lara Sobbing and trying to pull herself together.
    Speculation, speculation, speculation. I doubt the game will be set up like this.

It sounds like you have an inherent problem with Lara being in therapy. Why don't you address the points made in this thread

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Smile

My Thread isent about Woman being weak and i dont have an issue about Lara in Therapy, i just dont want the Game to focus on that.

Its a Game, Not a Movie. They can do that with the Movie they are making at Hollywood and then do it in the Second Movie.

But the game has to have a story, otherwise there's nothing to keep you engaged. I don't think the game will focus on Lara's therapy, but it really shouldn't be an issue if it did
    signature image

Smile

The Game has a Story, its about Trinity and the GPS Signals Lara found on the Island, thats what ROTTR is about.

No need to have a Ball of Chain being dragged around your Ankle so we can focus on what happened previously with Lara on the Island and where her Friends are now.

The Trailer showed Lara in Therapy and the Comics are telling us what is happening with her Friends, now its done, no need to Repeat it as an Opening FMV for the Game. Focus on the Story thats to come about what Lara found.

The Classic TR Games Never showed Flashbacks or any mention of what happened previously, the Only mention you get is from TR2 at Lara's Mansion Training Ground where she says: Ah Welcome back after that Grueling Business last year. That was it.

Crystal did it with their Trilogy and now Square Enix is following the same trend. Forget the Past, focus on the Now.

My Thread isent about Woman being weak and i dont have an issue about Lara in Therapy, i just dont want the Game to focus on that.
    Alright, you don't have an inherent problem with Lara being in therapy. But you don't have any idea if the game will really "focus on it", do you?

No need to have a Ball of Chain being dragged around your Ankle so we can focus on what happened previously with Lara on the Island and where her Friends are now.

The Trailer showed Lara in Therapy and the Comics are telling us what is happening with her Friends, now its done, no need to Repeat it as an Opening FMV for the Game. Focus on the Story thats to come about what Lara found.
    This is just more speculation. You have no idea how it's going to pan out in the game. So the "ball of chain" comment is ridiculous at this point when you have next to zero info about the game.

Also, we're only half way into the comics. You have no way of saying what is done and what isn't.

The Classic TR Games Never showed Flashbacks or any mention of what happened previously, the Only mention you get is from TR2 at Lara's Mansion Training Ground where she says: Ah Welcome back after that Grueling Business last year. That was it.
    LOL, I guess you forgot about TR chronicles. That was an entire game dedicated to flashbacks

Crystal did it with their Trilogy and now Square Enix is following the same trend. Forget the Past, focus on the Now.
    I have to ask, are you a Core fanboy by any chance?

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, Crystal ARE making these games, Square Enix are just the publishers, the same as the previous 4 games. Plus there has literally been zero information about the games story, there is no evidence to suggest Trinity will feature in the story, all we know is what we speculate, which is exactly what your OP is, speculation.
    signature image

Smile

Yea im a Core Fan Boy, you just dont know me on the Tomb Raider Forums.

Yes the Previous Classic Games had Flashbacks, but they told the Story Point of the Game, not what happened previously in TR1 and now the Conclusion in TR2. what happened previously in TR2 and now the Conclusion in TR3.

Sure TRC was an entire Flashback Game, but it was Wonderfully done whereas in TRAOD it was the Next Game with its Next Story that had a Minor Flashback about TR4

So Hopefully, the Therapy thing will just be the Opening FMV and then we Focus the entire Game on the New Story.

So the flashback ridden game TRC gets a pass because it was made by the holy Core Design, but TR10 already is condemned before even seeing it, let alone released, because it's made by Crystal Dynamics and published by the evil Square Enix.

I'm sorry, but I really can't take this kind of criticism stemming from blind fanboyism seriously.

Big Grin

Alright i'll wait until such time comes for the Real Complaints

lol, fine by me.

If you want to criticize TR10 when you actually have something substantial to go on, knock yourself out

Really? You're already making judgements before you even know what the game is about? Talk about getting a premature jump down the developers' throats. So what if the announcement trailer footage is in the game? It might serve as an introduction like the Turning Point trailer was for TR9. You're letting your bias cloud your common sense and turn your speculation into headache inducing paranoia.

Just because they include a therapy scene doesn't make the game depressing. Even if it did, so what? I found TR9 to be depressing, seeing Lara go through Hell and back.

Its a Game, Not a Movie. They can do that with the Movie they are making at Hollywood and then do it in the Second Movie.
    You clearly do have an issue with Lara in therapy since every other post, you're clucking about it. We get it: you don't want to see Lara in therapy for the length of the game. Okay! Message received. I doubt the game would focus on Lara in therapy because if it did, there wouldn't be much gameplay.

The Game has a Story, its about Trinity and the GPS Signals Lara found on the Island, thats what ROTTR is about.
    Please, for the love of God, do not state speculation as a fact. Just because that was a cliff-hanger in TR9 does not mean that it will be ROTTR's main plot. It could be a side story or it could appear in the third instalment. There's a possibility it's about Trinity and the failed mission on Yamatai but you don't know that for certain.

Have you considered that maybe not everyone's read the comics? If they want to do a "Previously in Tomb Raider..." like they did with Underworld, then let them. It doesn't have to me a main portion of the game, perhaps a video in the Extras section of the main menu.

You're not too observant, then.

First of all, Square Enix isn't the developer, they're the publisher. Crystal Dynamics is still doing the games, from Legend until God knows when, so don't blame Square Enix for anything, especially something they had no part of. Yet another example of how most of your opinions are built on a foundation of ignorance.

Lastly, wrong. You're once again basing your opinions with no supporting evidence. Show me the proof that we're getting another trilogy like Legend/Anniversary/Underworld. You can't. Care to know why? Only one game has been released and no one is psychic.

Yea im a Core Fan Boy, you just dont know me on the Tomb Raider Forums.

Yes the Previous Classic Games had Flashbacks, but they told the Story Point of the Game, not what happened previously in TR1 and now the Conclusion in TR2. what happened previously in TR2 and now the Conclusion in TR3.

Sure TRC was an entire Flashback Game, but it was Wonderfully done whereas in TRAOD it was the Next Game with its Next Story that had a Minor Flashback about TR4

So Hopefully, the Therapy thing will just be the Opening FMV and then we Focus the entire Game on the New Story.
    You've just completely back-pedalled and contradicted your entire point of the thread in five sentences. Why? Just because someone challenged your [wrong] statements? First you self-proclaim yourself as a Core Design 'fan-boy.' Bad idea. Then, you acknowledge that the previous games had flashbacks even though a post ago, you claimed that flashbacks never appeared in classic Tomb Raider, when in fact, they did. Next, you praise Tomb Raider Chronicles, even though it was a completely flashback game - which you acknowledge - but it's okay because Core Design made it, and lastly, you're hoping that the announcement trailer footage is included in the game, but as the opening cutscene - like in TR9 - even though in the OP, you didn't want it to be in the game at all.

With all due respect, daventry, I think you're just biased and your blind opinions are going overboard. There's nothing wrong with including the therapy scene especially with the possibility of it being a portion of the plot, maybe as a side-story.

You're sitting there praising Tomb Raider Chronicles which you acknowledge as a game nothing more than flashbacks within the story, but it's the holy grail of all Tomb Raider games because it was made by Core Design. Guess what? Core Design doesn't exist, so the sooner you grasp that concept, the sooner our headaches will go away. Crystal Dynamics is going to do it their way, whether you like it or not, and if you can't come to terms with that, then I suggest you lock yourself in a room with your PS1 and leave the rest of us to revel in the possible significant success of ROTTR. *takes deep breath*

Sweet Jesus, Mary and Joseph.

(click image to enlarge)

Agree with Valenka here. Too much speculation is damaging some peoples perspective. I think CD have a good handle on Lara's journey. Now the delivery of it may not float everyone boat but we should leave it to CD to deliver. They seem more than conscientious enough to try to do it right.

To address the therapy comment, we know Lara is on a journey. It wouldn't make sense for the whole game to revolve around therapy itself but if that was a key theme, lets say her "adventures" are the subject of her therapy sessions similar to how "Chronicles" was delivered then it could work.

However the story plays out, I think we can be pretty sure Lara will start at point A and end at point B of a journey and that it is unlikely to be a depressing one. We all want a good story attached to the game don't we?

What kinda bugs me more and more is that people keep going on about the old TR and how much they love it and the new games need to be like the old one.
    FFS - no they don't. Get over it. Go play old PC games or PS1 games. Stop whining about the new TR. Either play it or don't but don't keep comparing the old and new. Be critical and constructive about the new but MOVE ON.

The only known facts about ROTTR is the trailer. 1m38s of quick scenes. Thats it. Speculate all you want - its great to do that because we are all anticipating the next game but don't state anything else as fact.

Apologies for ranting but I am getting really peeved about these kind of statements. If this is what goes on in other TR forums then I am not going anywhere near them!

Daventry, I am sure you are a nice person who enjoys games as much as anyone but aren't you just winding yourself up with all this speculation and nostalgia for something that is not coming back?
    signature image

lol, the game is not even out yet and we already speculate about it.

cant comment about the older games due personal reasons but im glad that crystal took over.
    and as the others said, we need a story to progress the story and characters. but i also highly doubt that the game will focus mainly on the sessions. either we see it right at the beginning of the game or half way through or even at the end, lara telling him her problems, indicating that we played a giant flashback.
    maybe we get something similar like in max payne 2 that the intro was a part from half way through the game and then we play a flashback until we reached that scene we saw in the intro.

i just hope that this trailer wont be the intro as they did with the previous one. that just felt lame in my view.
    signature image

Ok, seriously, why are you creating threads repeatedly about pretty much the same thing? It sounds like you don't want a mature, cinematic game with a solid plug of realism and emotional trauma.

If that's the case, you may as well find another franchise to sink into because that's what's coming.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar70 View Post
    To address the therapy comment, we know Lara is on a journey. It wouldn't make sense for the whole game to revolve around therapy itself but if that was a key theme, lets say her "adventures" are the subject of her therapy sessions similar to how "Chronicles" was delivered then it could work.
    Now this is a reaaaaaally good point. If TR10 was indeed set up like TRC, with the flashbacks telling the story and the player essentially playing the flashbacks, that could be really interesting.

So, daventry... don't tell me that you would still have a problem with it if it was done exactly like in TRC, because to your own admittance - Core 'executed it beautifully', right?

And now that I think about it, that would actually perfectly go hand-in-hand with the TR10's description that Lara will be 'globe trotting', wouldn't it...

Lara's therapy sessions would form the "main hub" that connects Lara's different adventures together. She tells a story to her therapist, and then the player gets to play that flashback....

dun-dun-duuuuuunnnn

^ I got goosebumps That could be good if done well And maybe she could even hint at some events that happen later in the game that you'll notice when you replay the game
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Now this is a reaaaaaally good point. If TR10 was indeed set up like TRC, with the flashbacks telling the story and the player essentially playing the flashbacks, that could be really interesting.

So, daventry... don't tell me that you would still have a problem with it if it was done exactly like in TRC, because to your own admittance - Core 'executed it beautifully', right?

And now that I think about it, that would actually perfectly go hand-in-hand with the TR10's description that Lara will be 'globe trotting', wouldn't it...

Lara's therapy sessions would form the "main hub" that connects Lara's different adventures together. She tells a story to her therapist, and then the player gets to play that flashback....

dun-dun-duuuuuunnnn
    DO IT CRYSTAL, that would be Fantastic, we could even play as Young Lara Again.

Make sure this Post by Driber gets Attention, forget the Thread, Seriously this could work and then in the end we see a Glimpse of TR3 where Lara says: We become what we're meant to be.

Just a minor question and i think this is addressed in the Comics witch i never read, but isent Lara's Adventures the First of being a TR on Yamatai. What exactly did Lara do before, since i thought she just finished Collage and then set of an a Expedition.

Just a minor question and i think this is addressed in the Comics witch i never read, but isent Lara's Adventures the First of being a TR on Yamatai. What exactly did Lara do before, since i thought she just finished Collage and then set of an a Expedition.
    she went traveling around the world with sam.
    signature image

Smile

Thanks Metal and i wonder why Lara is never seen in Shorts, even in the Comics she always wear Pants.

Thanks Metal and i wonder why Lara is never seen in Shorts, even in the Comics she always wear Pants.
    Shorts are not practical. One would never go exploring in shorts because
    - shorts do not protect your legs from incidental injury, such as branches and grazing on rocks
    - you can't carry much in shorts - having to put everything (such as ammo) in your pack would be silly when you can wear a good pair of cargos.

Also, short shorts are very "hey, look at my legs and butt" and Lara does not strike me as that kind of girl.
    signature image

Smile

Checking Lara's Legs and Butt was all over in the Trilogy, even Toby Gard who left the Franchise right after TR1 because he's Model was portrayed as a Sex Symbol dident even left right after TRL in witch Lara was portrayed as a Sex Bomb.

Shorts are not a bad thing, but when it comes to realism, it's better to have pants, belts, jackets, with lots of pockets I don't know, in Underworld I never picked the shorts outfit, don't know why, pants were nicer, she even looked better in them, IMO
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast