Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: Returning Characters

Returning Characters

If the happy ending isn't for them, then I'd at least like one for me, after all, I played the first two games all the way through, and I don't want to have gone through all of that just to hear them say, "You win, everyone dies, the world is destroyed, and all that work was for nothing, congradulations!", that'd just suck.

^ lol, that's how I felt after playing FFXIII-2

With Hope confirmed as being Lightning's ad-hoc buddy, I can imagine Noel and Sazh at least will be sharing convos too. I hope Fang and Vanille somehow wake up from their stasis and help out too.

But I still don't know what happened with Snow, Caius and Yeul :/

Oh, and did Mog die too? D:

Originally Posted by gyigyo
    Bhunivelze is god.. who created cocoon and gran pluse.. i think the best ending would be if bhuniveleze make a new world again..

lol, what game did you play again, Bhuni didn't create anything other than his kids, Etro, Lindzei, and Pulse.

I guess I'm the only one who loved XIII-2s ending.

You actually liked that ending?!? Well, everyone's entitled to their oppinion I guess.

Yup It was entirely unexpected and bleak, but I'll never forget it. Isn't that what storytelling is about? Getting invested in unforgetable tales? Now we'll have the conclusion to that tale. I just hope it pays off!

Same here.

For some reason seeing Vanille & Fang in XIII-2 kind of almost teared me up, it felt like a happy reunion, so I do hope we can see them in XIII-3.

Originally Posted by Colten

For some reason seeing Vanille & Fang in XIII-2 kind of almost teared me up, it felt like a happy reunion, so I do hope we can see them in XIII-3.

Same here. Such a shame their part in this game (XIII-2) was so short, since they were the most plot-relevant in XIII.

Since I like very much Vanille and Fang is my favorite character in all videogame history, I hope not only that we see them, but that they have a decent screen-time...

If I could dream, I'd like controlling them (DLC, maybe?)...

I hope vannile and fang not returning lol.. irritating characters maybe fang not but VANNILE? is yes..

I totally agree with Thales, fang was awsome, and I wouldn't mind seeing vanille either, she might not have been the most exciting character, but I still missed her in XIII-2, and that was only emphisised by her short appearence in the game.

I agree too, Fang is awesome (there isn't really any other word to describe her) and although Vanille's perkiness was annoying sometimes, I actually liked her a lot. I think that it was Vanille being the narrator that caused me to like her because her thoughts were shown, revealing that her perkiness sometimes is an act to cover up her sadness. That was what made me like her and connect with her.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I wouldn't mind if Noel returned, if that's even possible, since well, it's been well over 100's of years since the ending of XIII-2, so I don't know if that will actually happen. On another note, I also wouldn't mind seeing the return of Vanille and Fang, they didn't get that much screen-time in XIII-2. I haven't played the original XIII yet, but i have seen playthrough's on youtube, so I do actually know the story of XIII. Hopefully this game is a lot like Majora's Mask since we have this time limit thing, like when time runs out we see a Cutscene of the Apocalypse, would be pretty epic.

Well, since Noel was with Hope at the end of XIII-2, and since it's been confirmed that Hope is returning, I don't see any reason why Noel wouldn't still be around, and the same goes for Vanille and Fang, since their crystal selves were picked up by Sahz and Dajh around that time and brought to the New Cacoon (I can never remember it's name, regardless of how many times I read it), and since the New Cacoon is visible in the sky of the game, it seems logical to think that they could all be in LR.

I find it interesting that Toryama says the game will be "the most complete" Final Fantasy game when it's confirmed to be no more than 20 hours. I'm interested to see where they take the re-playability.

Originally Posted by Fat Squeek

I find it interesting that Toryama says the game will be "the most complete" Final Fantasy game when it's confirmed to be no more than 20 hours. I'm interested to see where they take the re-playability.

Yeah, but I'm assuming those 20 hours are story-wise. I believe Shadow of the Colossus, which I consider a masterpiece btw, took around 9 to 12 hours to complete. Also talking about replayability, SotC had a hard mode, a time-attack mode, and a hard time-attack mode. I hope that Lightning Returns has something similar.

The DMC fan in me would also kill to have something like a "Lightning Must Die" mode or even a Heaven or Hell mode (Lightning and enemies die in one-hit)/Hell and Hell mode (Lightning dies in one hit and enemies have better defense).

Those kinds of modes really wouldn't appeal to me, but I suppose everyone has their own preferences.

Originally Posted by Ryutim

Those kinds of modes really wouldn't appeal to me, but I suppose everyone has their own preferences.

I agree. It just seems a tad excessive, in my opinion. Personally, I would just want radically different story branches and such. I honestly think that would be the best idea for this game...

Yeah, if they're gonna make the game in such a way that restarting the game is practically a game mechanic, then they might as well make it worth going through every one of them, that'd make it more like going through different stories one at a time, rather than doing the same one over and over again, and I think that they could still manage to make it believable to have the same ending on each of them, although if we go through all the effort to do every storyline, I'd at least like a little something extra, like a secret movie, or maybe just some party scene at the end where you can go around and talk to all of the other main characters as lightning, or, I don't know, something extra at the end for us to unlock, y'know.

^Adding a Coliseum wouldn't seem too much of a stretch.

My thoughts on this game; It seems really weird to end this trilogy as an action-rpg, with only one character. And it seems like something Nomura would make, with all the emphasis on gameplay. One of the things I liked most about the first XIII was the interactions and friction between each of the characters in the first half of the game. That was lacking in XIII-2, even moreso it seems in LR. It started with the six characters and I think it should've ended with them.

The game seems like it's going to be great, it's just it's not how I imagined it would end. I imagined XIII-3 being some big, epic journey with all of the mc's from the previous games, leading into a grand finale (and if accomplishing that meant a long development cycle, I would have graciously waited). That's exactly what I get for expecting too much lol.

^ That's basically what I expected for FFXIII-2, to be honest, lol. But because we got the sequel game that we did, I'm glad to at least get Lightning back. I'm hopeful for a lot of cameos, possibly in a gameplay capacity, but once they announced "Lightning Returns" I just gave a sigh of relief.

Unless they emotionally cripple her for most of the game (I'm a realist, I'm sure she's gonna have one or two break downs), I can't see S-E messing up her character. I'm basically banking on that, along with the intriguing gameplay we can expect.

Hopefully Vanille returns, she was my favourite. I'm kind of excited for Lightning's Return as I enjoyed both Final Fantasy 13 and 13-2 so I think it will be amazing, although I hope they don't include Noel. I really didn't like his character (at least Snow I can stand) so I hope he doesn't make an appearance however I doubt that if they include the rest of the cast he would be excluded though you never know.

Noel will probably be in there. I didn't like him very much either, so hopefully he won't be in too much of the game.

Am I the only one that thought Noel Kreiss was one of the good things that came out of XIII-2? Srsly.

I wonder what Lightning's default design will be for the last installment in the saga. I hope it looks sort of reminscent of her outfit from the first game. I loved the red cape. As for her personality, she was graceful in XIII-2, but dammit was she bland. Give us back some of the fierceness and rawness she had originally. They have to get this right, being that she's the only playable character in this game. And please Square, none of that "poetic valkyrie-speak" she had in XIII-2, urgh.

Also, other thoughts. How awesome would it be for Square to include some extra bonuses in the form of costumes/weapons/anything for the people who completed the previous games?

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last