Thread: Balancing the Multi-Bow

Balancing the Multi-Bow

Balancing the Multi-Bow

All the human weapons seem decently consistent with each other, except for the hunter's multi-bow. It's extremely sub-par with the damage output with its other counterparts. The recoil on the burst fire also adds to its failure. Doing the simple math, it will have to do 80 damage per shot in order to be consistent with the dps of the siege bow and the stock bow. The burst should also have a decrease in its recoil. However, if the burst mechanism isn't changed, the bow should have an additional increased damage per shot in order to compensate for its missed shots such as 90 damage per shot or so. At its current recoil, you will automatically miss 1 or 2 shots at mid-far range.

So what should be done about that?

The multi bow does need a tweak. It was initially the outright most powerful bow when it did 80 damage, and with 100 spread compared to 180 on others. Now it does 70, reduced rate of fire, and the same spread (150) as all others. I would like the spread reduced and perhaps revert the rate of fire nerf personally.
    In-game: Sirshua, being a sir everywhere.

Honestly, the multi isn't the issue. It's that the hunter needs to be toned down more. As I've been saying, they aren't reliant enough of skills.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

The Multibow has been fine for me, the 3-burst-fire makes the spread feel lower than 150 (basically). I have been able to hit targets further away than the other crossbows because of it, and it's still good up close. I think of it more like a medium range rifle, and the other crossbows are like automatics that exceed at closer ranges.

Originally Posted by MasterZtark
    The Multibow has been fine for me, the 3-burst-fire makes the spread feel lower than 150 (basically). I have been able to hit targets further away than the other crossbows because of it, and it's still good up close. I think of it more like a medium range rifle, and the other crossbows are like automatics that exceed at closer ranges.
    That's the purpose
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image