Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official LCTOO Media

(click image to enlarge)

Updated 10/04/2015 (Screens and Info Added)

Logo:

Announcement Trailer:

UK / FR / IT / DE / ES

Launch Trailer:

NA / UK / FR / IT / DE / ES

Download here

HQ Screens

High Res Key Art:

Screenshots:
    (click images to enlarge)

Icy Death DLC

Twisted Gears DLC

The Curse of Bes
    (Special Community Challenge Reward)

Gameplay Videos:
    (click videos to view)

GameSpot

IGN

PlayStation Blog

Polaris

Developer Diaries:
    #1 - Four Player Co-Op Mayhem
    #2 - Puzzles 101
    UK / DE UK

#3 - DLC and Community Challenges

UK

Gifs:

Unboxing: Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris Gold Edition

Pre-order Incentives

Additional Information:

Frequently Asked Questions / Pre-Order Database / System Requirements / Achievements & Trophies / Soundtrack

(click image to enlarge)
    Last edited by a_big_house; 10th Apr 2015 at 18:07. Reason: Screens and Info Added

I'm so in love with that key art. God. It's the perfect sequel to GOL. ASHDFIGH

Here's the Gold Edition art. Also featured in the Protectors of Fate tee available on the official Tomb Raider store

Full res, no watermarks. Enjoy.

They going to be doing any podcasts for this? Or is everyone focused on "Rise" atm?
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

Launch trailer (LQ)
    signature image

Smile

New screenshots, via Steam:

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

You all are doing a good job of posting/ keeping up with the medias. Thank you for doing so.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier View Post
    You all are doing a good job of posting/ keeping up with the medias. Thank you for doing so.
    We do try
    signature image

New screenshot

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

This screenshot can be found on the PlayStation Store, as well as all the others posted above.

(click image to enlarge)

Cool, thanks Treeble

Updated OP with new screenshot + links to other useful threads + domestic changes
    signature image

Damn, Lara looks fantastic and very realistic in that picture! She looks so much better than the DE edition!
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Weemanply109 View Post
    Damn, Lara looks fantastic and very realistic in that picture! She looks so much better than the DE edition!
    I agree. As good as TR2013 was/is, the 'Legend' & 'Anni' Lara will always be my Lara. And Keeley will always be her voice for me. Call me stuck in the past if you like, but it's that Lara and that voice that got me into TR.
    signature image

Totally agree with you both on that
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldierLTE View Post
    I agree. As good as TR2013 was/is, the 'Legend' & 'Anni' Lara will always be my Lara. And Keeley will always be her voice for me. Call me stuck in the past if you like, but it's that Lara and that voice that got me into TR.
    Totally. I always envision Lara in my mind as L/A/U trilogy Lara. I think she was the perfect balance of classic heroine Lara Croft and also had some emotional depth to her character. I respect what CD is trying with TR2013 Lara and I can deal with the it since it's a separate universe anway, but they've completely botched Lara Croft's true essence. There's only ONE Lara Croft and it's this one who lives on (both mentally and physically).
    signature image

They're two different universes: the LAU & LC games are like Batman films directed by Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher: cartoony and full of crazy creative things, and TR9&10 are directed by Christopher Nolan: gritty and (more) realistic and focussing on character development and drama and whatnot. I like them both in their own way, and I'm happy to see that Lara's games still come in both flavours

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktron View Post
    They're two different universes: the LAU & LC games are like Batman films directed by Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher: cartoony and full of crazy creative things, and TR9&10 are directed by Christopher Nolan: gritty and (more) realistic and focussing on character development and drama and whatnot. I like them both in their own way, and I'm happy to see that Lara's games still come in both flavours
    The cartoony-ness is debatable, but otherwise I'll agree. I enjoy both universes, but do have a preference. I'm personally very glad CD is doing the LC series. It might be seen as a cash grab or a "Let's keep the old schoolers happy" move, but as a fan I'm 100% happy to have that universe live on, as well as seeing the new universe grow and evolve. I can't think of any other series that would actually go for it. Except maybe MGS and Final Fantasy.
    signature image

Cartoony may not be the right word... 'fantastical' perhaps?

'Non-depressing' perhaps? Personally, I'm gonna stick with 'Arcade Lara' she's not quite a AAA character anymore, but she still owns
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    'Non-depressing' perhaps? Personally, I'm gonna stick with 'Arcade Lara' she's not quite a AAA character anymore, but she still owns
    Hm... While TR9 wasn't exactly the most cheerful of stories I found Underworld to be as depressing as Russian literature. But other than that game I see your point.

Wow, Lara looks really good! Well, at least her face does, her body proportions are a bit TRU wonky but she still looks good none the less. I would hope they were using that face for ROTTR but I'm not gonna get my hopes up since consistency isn't quite CD's foretay when it comes to Lara's face.

Using the ROTTR face wouldn't really fit considering they're different universes so the lack of consistencies is understanable in this exclusive situation.

I'm praying that they actually have in-game ROTTR Lara looking like ha CGI counter-part this time, though, Crystal.
    signature image

I'm personally very glad CD is doing the LC series. It might be seen as a cash grab or a "Let's keep the old schoolers happy" move, but as a fan I'm 100% happy to have that universe live on
    You talk as if "keeping the old schoolers happy" is a bad thing. It's not

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    'Non-depressing' perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacktron View Post
    Hm... While TR9 wasn't exactly the most cheerful of stories I found Underworld to be as depressing as Russian literature.
    I think a better wording would be "not taking itself too seriously"

Quote Originally Posted by RybatGrimes View Post
    Wow, Lara looks really good! Well, at least her face does, her body proportions are a bit TRU wonky
    Her body proportion look absolutely fine to me

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    You talk as if "keeping the old schoolers happy" is a bad thing. It's not
    Yeah I agree. But I do know that some games series have been labelled as doing such in a negative way by both critics (but what do they know, really? They spend one day with a game for their reviews and suddenly their "experts" on it? Speaking purely about professional reviewers, mind you.) and fans. The 'Silent Hill' series, for example. They did fan service for so long it ultimately alienated a great deal of the fan base because it was nothing new for so long as far as characters and even story went. Some people just see that sort of thing (trying to keep the "old schoolers" happy) as just milking the cash cow for the hell of it.

I'm not saying I think CD are, nor am I saying anyone else is saying that about CD and the 'LC' series. I think a lot of TR fans took to 'G.o.L.' because it was something different from the norm for TR, besides the fact that it a lot of fun to play it and really well made.
    signature image

I'm not saying I think CD are, nor am I saying anyone else is saying that about CD and the 'LC' series. I think a lot of TR fans took to 'G.o.L.' because it was something different from the norm for TR, besides the fact that it a lot of fun to play it and really well made.
    What got me into GoL was playing the demo in Co-Op with a friend, right at then end we were both panicking like madmen because it was just so thrilling, and refreshing to play and what made it so much better is that neither of us knew what to expect which isn't something I (personally) don't see in games (especially AAA) nowadays.
    I think what CD have done with the franchise is rather clever really, for example, being set in Egypt is something a lot of fans wanted and they gave it to us in this game. Not only do these games function as time fillers, they allow CD to create new mechanics for the main games and give fans things that they want, without having to compromise on the important parts of the main series.
    signature image

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast