Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official LCTOO Media

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    What got me into GoL was playing the demo in Co-Op with a friend, right at then end we were both panicking like madmen because it was just so thrilling, and refreshing to play and what made it so much better is that neither of us knew what to expect which isn't something I (personally) don't see in games (especially AAA) nowadays.
    I think what CD have done with the franchise is rather clever really, for example, being set in Egypt is something a lot of fans wanted and they gave it to us in this game. Not only do these games function as time fillers, they allow CD to create new mechanics for the main games and give fans things that they want, without having to compromise on the important parts of the main series.
    Yeah they're definitely doing it right. I think a lot of other studios would've (and some have) fumbled the ball trying to create a spin-off. that can carry on on it's own. *cough* "MGS: Revengance" *cough*
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldierLTE View Post
    Yeah I agree. But I do know that some games series have been labelled as doing such in a negative way by both critics (but what do they know, really? They spend one day with a game for their reviews and suddenly their "experts" on it? Speaking purely about professional reviewers, mind you.) and fans. The 'Silent Hill' series, for example. They did fan service for so long it ultimately alienated a great deal of the fan base because it was nothing new for so long as far as characters and even story went. Some people just see that sort of thing (trying to keep the "old schoolers" happy) as just milking the cash cow for the hell of it.
    Which is an ignorant way of looking at it, really. I mean, the hardcore fans (or "old schoolers") aren't the ones that make these games profitable; it's the casual gamer. Just because the hardcore fans are pleased with something, doesn't mean it's necessarily a bad thing for the franchise. Just because Egypt has been done to death in the franchise, doesn't mean Lara shouldn't do Egypt anymore.

In short, if something works...

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    In short, if something works...
    Make a never-ending series of sequels and milk the franchise to death? Oh sorry, I was in Ubisoft mode!
    signature image

Outside Xbox 'LC: T.o.O.' Let's Play vid. SPOILERS, AHOY!

Note to mods: I have not watched this past the first 10 seconds, so I apologize in advance in the event that any curse words are said in video.

EDIT: Removed video. I thought it may be cool for some of us to see, but it just didn't feel right. Sorry if it ruined anything for anyone, if anyone saw it. It's on YouTube for those interested.
    Last edited by WinterSoldierLTE; 4th Dec 2014 at 02:06. Reason: Removed the vid.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

Why isn't the launch trailer in here yet? Does anyone have it?

Here you go. Downloadable for offline viewing

http://driber.net/tr/assets/lctoo/vi...unch_1080p.mp4

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

It's crazy, my deputy mod powers seem to be telling me... Keep on eye on the Tomb Raider blog this Monday?!? At 10AM PST?!?

I wonder what it could mean.....

Quote Originally Posted by -Rai-- View Post
    Why isn't the launch trailer in here yet? Does anyone have it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    Here you go. Downloadable for offline viewing

http://driber.net/tr/assets/lctoo/vi...unch_1080p.mp4
    Calm yourself, Roo, it's there now

OP updated with trailer and download link, thanks D
    signature image

1080p launch trailer stills, in super high quality (taken from an internal 4.5 GB source file)

http://driber.net/tr/assets/lctoo/sc...ch_trailer_hq/

Updatey time, maybe?

Pre-order Incentives

Twisted Gears DLC

The Curse of Bes
    (Special Community Challenge Reward)

I'd also add a link to the soundtrack.

Thanks Treeble! I've been living in a cave for a while but I'll have the OP updated ASAP

EDIT: OP finally updated
    signature image

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12