Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official TR10 Media (trailers, renders, screenshots, concept art, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Nitephall View Post
    From what we experienced in TR 2013, and looking at this new artwork, it seems CD has decided to really push the survival motif. It's all about a frail, poorly-armed woman going up against the worst possible conditions and foes. This is fine as a single aspect of gameplay, but I don't want to see it become the main element of the TR games. Before the reboot, the TR games at their core were about exploring and discovering. With the reboot being an origin story, I can see why they emphasized the survival aspect. But for Rise, there really isn't any reason CD has to take that approach again. I would like to see more exploring and discovering with less of the "weak human being against the horrible forces of nature" thing.
    Really? You don't see anything that alludes to adventure or exploration?

TR2013 had a survival premise - The tag line was "A survivor is born". It has been well discussed how this is Lara's beginning and from what I can see of the trailer the next game will not focus on survival. The Tomb Raider will not be fully formed but after Yamatai she is a different person with possibly different motivations and goals in her life. The survivor has been born, now its time for her to grow.
    Last edited by Tecstar70; 18th Dec 2014 at 14:12.
    signature image

From what we experienced in TR 2013, and looking at this new artwork, it seems CD has decided to really push the survival motif. It's all about a frail, poorly-armed woman going up against the worst possible conditions and foes. This is fine as a single aspect of gameplay, but I don't want to see it become the main element of the TR games. Before the reboot, the TR games at their core were about exploring and discovering. With the reboot being an origin story, I can see why they emphasized the survival aspect. But for Rise, there really isn't any reason CD has to take that approach again. I would like to see more exploring and discovering with less of the "weak human being against the horrible forces of nature" thing.
    "Looking at this new artwork"? You mean these measly 3 images?

How on earth can you tell how much survival elements will be in the next game just from those images

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

I love that there's snow. I still have hope that this game will make it to PS4. I don't own one yet but would buy it for this game if it was on it.
    signature image

Actually I see it much differently. Based on what we've seen, I think they're concentrating on making her more human, 21-23 year old people don't ordinarily spring into action as a fully experienced person, it takes time. Plus, everyone gets hurt. Everyone. But I don't see them making it the main focus.

Looking at what we have, I honestly am quite hopeful, especially based on the trailer. Lara seems to finally be getting over PTSD and wants to not just walk in her father's footsteps, but make new ones herself. I mean when she took off her hood and it pans to the ruins she's in, it seems more like we'll be reintroduced to exploration on a greater scale. On top of that, the concept art we have with Lara looking down from a higher platform is inside of a dome-like structure, similar to the ones we see in the distance in the ROTTR trailer. This could hint that we'll explore a similar incarnation of the tomb she was in there. That was massive.

Just found these on the Toronto Sun - have we seen these before?

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(or are they screencaps from the trailer/s?)
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Tihocan View Post
    Just found these on the Toronto Sun - have we seen these before?

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(or are they screencaps from the trailer/s?)
    They were in the new Xbox Magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnaBass18 View Post
    They were in the new Xbox Magazine.
    Thanks for that. Clueless, heh.
    Saw this on the TRTweet :

(click image to enlarge)
    signature image

That's a gorgeous concept. I wonder how it'll translate to the actual game.

Even though it belongs in this thread, it's getting lost in here a peeps clearly haven't seen it. Same as the OXM spread. I know we're all anti XBox atm, but it contains info the GI mag doesn't have. I've pointed out a couple of quotes, as has one other person, but it pretty much went unseen.

I like the abundance of trees in that picture - I love the sight of forests that stretch on forever.

Rai is right . The folks at OXM saw the same demo as game informer , but their preview is much more detailed . One page is completely devoted to tombs .

Quote Originally Posted by Tihocan View Post
    Thanks for that. Clueless, heh.
    Saw this on the TRTweet :

(click image to enlarge)
    Ooh, I love that artwork

That artwork and those screenshots made me so happy for some reason. They're fantastic.

I am stuck where the serpent is out and ! am shooting at the doors so the hinges will land on its head. The door will not open, any advice???? Tomb Raider "Legends" England

Quote Originally Posted by Rave17 View Post
    I am stuck where the serpent is out and ! am shooting at the doors so the hinges will land on its head. The door will not open, any advice???? Tomb Raider "Legends" England
    1. Welcome to the forums!

2. Wrong subforum

3. Go to Tomb Raider Legend Walkthrough on Gamefaqs (Hint: use your grappling hook)
    signature image

High res, unwatermarked screenshots from GI coverage:

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

New Rise of the Tomb Raider concept arts. They're pretty big, hence the link.
    Last edited by Rai; 15th May 2015 at 23:42.

Ooh ! I like them . The desert is a nice contrast to the snowy landscape . Really excited to see the improvised grapple and how they implement it .

Looking at the sandy landscape really makes me wish that Lara rides a camel in Rise ( like in the cover of issue 10 in the comics )

There's one other one in this link: http://www.gamed.nl/view/117718

I especially love the one with the crashed helicopter. So much mystery..

''It blows my mind; you can really feel the mass effect.'' - Camilla Luddington

The second concept, with lara grappling towards ice, really reminds me of TR:L in Nepal. Fantastic artwork!!

OP updated with latest concept art in high res.

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleDazeem View Post
    There's one other one in this link: http://www.gamed.nl/view/117718
    You mean the forth one on that page? That one has already been in the OP here for quite some time

Latest assets added to OP.

Find The Legend Within trailer

1080p MP4 download

---

Box Shot

---

high res box art render

1920x1080

4950x2785

9900x5700

close ups

---

I love the cover of ROTTR, it seems the cover of TR 2013 with a little changes.

Question: Who is them?

HQ screengrabs, courtesy of TranceTrouble

http://driber.net//tr/assets/tr10/sc...eLegendWithin/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast