Thread: A level editor for community ?

A level editor for community ?

Hi

I think it will be great that IO allow the players to create they owns contract, I mean buy that create real level ourselves, with SDK for exemple. It will greatly increase the life time of the game and the community will be so thankfull.

YES. And not any crappy simplistic editor like building a house in sims or the editor in LittleBigPlanet. A real Development Kit editor with a grid (coordinate system) and all for the PC only. The levels could be playable with consoles, but leave the levelmaking to PC. The editor could be similar to Valve Hammer Editor, which really enables you to make any kind of level you can think of for Valve's games. At least if you have the skills. Learning to use a proper editor is hard, yes, but it pays back after seeing what masterpieces skilled mappers can make.

The editor would increase the lifespan of the game tremendously. If not yet for H6, please consider it for the seventh.

Quote Originally Posted by Aybroe View Post
    YES. And not any crappy simplistic editor like building a house in sims or the editor in LittleBigPlanet. A real Development Kit editor with a grid (coordinate system) and all for the PC only. The levels could be playable with consoles, but leave the levelmaking to PC. The editor could be similar to Valve Hammer Editor, which really enables you to make any kind of level you can think of for Valve's games. At least if you have the skills. Learning to use a proper editor is hard, yes, but it pays back after seeing what masterpieces skilled mappers can make.

The editor would increase the lifespan of the game tremendously. If not yet for H6, please consider it for the seventh.
    Good exemple with Valve, when we see that Counter Strike Source is a game made in 2004 and still played thanks to his SDK, I think doing the same with Hitman 6 will be great.