Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Fans have it right on Hitman

Lightbulb The Fans have it right on Hitman

Hitman is my all-time favorite series ever.

What I've noticed over the years is that a very large majority of us old time fan's agree with almost everything that was good about the series. Every single release had something that stood out.

Hitman 2: Everything you did was noted based on play style; Stealth and Aggressive. The first game I ever played where creativity rewarded the player with a better experience.

Contracts: More choices, amazing soundtrack. Sadistic enemies you WANTED to put down.

Blood Money: Improvement of all of the above. My favorite game of all time. Prime example of near perfection.

Absolution: Amazing gun play

Looking at these traits you can see what needs to happen!
    The top 3 biggest mistakes made in Absolution?

1 The most obvious - linear campaign.
    This one is so obvious it's being guaranteed a fix in the next game. Like all the other fan's; we cannot stress this enough, not only should you make it sandboxy, there should be no linear missions at all.. ever.
    2.Where did the Safe House go?!?!?!
    The safe house was the trophy room of the assassin. Why it was taken out I have no idea. Not only should it be brought back, there should be elements added to it. The safe house should BE the achievement list. There should be no achievement list like other games, just the safe house. The safe house is where you went to replay all those missions with the new toys you found!
    3. Soundtrack- Kyd

A nice 47 vs 47 online play wouldn't hurt either. I always wanted to do this.

Some new ideas you may or may not have thought of (old ideas of mine never shared online)
    - Harder to follow targets - For example, manipulating things like vehicles and the ability to block exits and realistic distractions (door locks, start a fire in a waste basket). Small easy gimmicks that can cause the player incredible chaos or prove an advantage. Your players want to have to think.
    -Feign Death: Given you have actually FINALLY given your players a positive reason to be bloodthirsty in their hits, faking your own death out of the sight of guards can give you that twinkle of an edge.
    -Actual hand to hand combat: No more sequenced fighting, IT GETS IN THE WAY OF THE GAME! If this is too much of a difficulty then don't put it in the game at all. Melee toggle makes more sense than instinct toggling on absolution!

Good ideas.
    My thoughts:

- It would be cool if 47 could steal keys and closeing some doors to don't let guards discover bodies (something like in "The Death of Hannelore" from Silent Assassin)

- One of not many things i liked in Absolution was hiding. I mean if you was disguised as janitor you could clean floor etc. It was very realistic and clever. In my opinion it could be in Hitman 6 as well

- If 47 has a disguise covering whole his body and face, guards recognises him even then? This bug was in H2, H3 and now in Absolution. Please, IOI: get rid of it once and for all.

- Guards should have their own memory. For example when 47 is passing by the same guard but in different outfit than first time - he should recognise him (or chance to recognise should be higher)

- Back of notoriety system.

Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by kewlak View Post
    - It would be cool if 47 could steal keys and closeing some doors to don't let guards discover bodies (something like in "The Death of Hannelore" from Silent Assassin)

- If 47 has a disguise covering whole his body and face, guards recognises him even then? This bug was in H2, H3 and now in Absolution. Please, IOI: get rid of it once and for all.

- Guards should have their own memory. For example when 47 is passing by the same guard but in different outfit than first time - he should recognise him (or chance to recognise should be higher)
    -That is exactly what I'm getting at as far as the keys and locking doors.

-Face covering disguises when appropriate? ABSOLUTELY! I forgot about this, probably because I'm used to it... but it needs to go.

-I have wished for guards having their own memory since H2. Are they willing to do this? It depends on their dedication. There is no way it would hinder the experience at all.

Another fundamental flaw of Absolution to me was the disguise\instinct system. They need to bring back the old disguise system\suspicion meter next to health, none of that jedi mind trick stuff.
    There's a bullet for everyone.. And a time.. And a place..

Quote Originally Posted by Agent47ICA View Post
    * Bring back the disguise system from blood money .. or don't put disguise system at all because it was useless in absolution.Blood money had the best disguise system.. If u are wearing a disguise ,no matter where you go nothing will happen, and that is The most relaxing feeling in a hitman game,and we can easily get a silent assassin rating.Wearing a disguise and still hiding and changing cover to cover does not mean a damn thing to me.Only if the half naked body is left in plain sight,then the guards should become suspicious. ( Hate the disguise system from absolution, u have to keep using that instinct to hide your face like sissy girl)
    I agree with most of what you said except for this. Blood Money's system was way too lenient. You were basically home free if you got the appropriate disguise...no challenge whatsoever. I think there should be a blend of Hitman 2 and Blood Money for the disguise system. That way if you hang around for a long time (much longer than in Absolution), guards will begin to get suspicious. Also, running in circles or otherwise acting like a douche will get you shot.

You were spot on with everything else.

I agree with almost everything, especially:

* Be able to Close doors and lids, but there should be realistic animation of closing and opening the doors and lids etc .. (not like that u press Open and everything just snaps open, thats very unrealistic)

* Bring back looking through the KEYHOLE Option.

* the throwing knives (and other tools) system from blood money ,, the animations also from blood money, i like it more than that of absolution because in absolution it is limited to the head,you can only throw the knife towards the head.. but you can aim and target any part of the body in blood money.
    But:

- There's no need to add stealth open door option or reloading. Too many realism isn't good neither. Especially that 47 has no reason to open door loudly. Anyways i think you can't reload gun completely soundless in real life, or to open door soundless if it creaks.

- Customization is good, but in my opinion there's no need to change hardballers' color or to buy new disguises or even tie or suit. Don't overdo, it isn't the Sims

- magic pockets should be annihilated

Man the worst part about playing Hitman Absolution is knowing as I play some awesome levels like the Cornfield, Chinatown, or that main street where you kill those dudes at the auto shop - You just know those levels would have been dozens of times more fun in Blood Money.

Quote Originally Posted by SancLunatic View Post
    Man the worst part about playing Hitman Absolution is knowing as I play some awesome levels like the Cornfield, Chinatown, or that main street where you kill those dudes at the auto shop - You just know those levels would have been dozens of times more fun in Blood Money.
    This times 1,000.

The first scene in China town got me so amped. Then I played it and wished someone would remake it as a mod for blood money.

Magic pockets need to go. Hitman is a stealth game, and the whole idea is to make moving from point A to point B challenging. Another important aspect is noise, I don't understand what 47 needs with a machine gun, a bazooka and 25 grenades. Managing your inventory and making trade-offs is half the fun in Hitman. I understand that complete realism isn't always fun but if wreaking mayhem and blowing * up is your thing, Hitman is not the game for that.

Magic pockets is an obviously bad thing like everyone is saying. I just ignored this completely in Absolution to be honest.

I never bothered in picking up every item I came across. I set my plan and used the few tools I needed to get it sorted out and done.
    It stands out the most when you use a sniper rifle, but again, the only time I used a sniper rifle was right at specific points. If magic pockets didn't exist in Absolution.. I would have just thrown the sniper rifle down anyways.

But pretending it isn't there isn't quite good enough.

Another idea I didn't share in the OP is the idea of setting up a deceptive attack.
    What I mean by deceptive attack?
    Imagine the scenario where your target is wanted by another party. You disguise yourself as a member of that third party to do one of two things:
    One: Simply the ability do openly attack.
    Two: Create chaos 47 can control.
    If the player messes this up, he loses silent assassin and pretty much gets killed.
    This gives the player the freedom to break from the usual stealth and another option for hitting the mark. Not to mention its always fun as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by S3R6i0 View Post
    Magic pockets need to go. Hitman is a stealth game, and the whole idea is to make moving from point A to point B challenging. Another important aspect is noise, I don't understand what 47 needs with a machine gun, a bazooka and 25 grenades. Managing your inventory and making trade-offs is half the fun in Hitman. I understand that complete realism isn't always fun but if wreaking mayhem and blowing * up is your thing, Hitman is not the game for that.
    Sometimes (after dozen beatings the game with SA rating) i liked just pick up M60 and kill everyone from the area >: D . Presence of heavy guns no always ruins game stealthiness, and player should choose his own way (but no, i don't want bazooka or grenades, it would be overkill).
    By the way moving from point A to point B in Absolution without killing any target was boring. It's good to play one or two such missions in whole game, but no as many as in Abso. Welcome back, banned one

Magic pockets have to disappear, because Hitman is a stealth game, where you have to think!
    Example: you can't take sniper rifle in some location because guards would see you. You have to THINK to figure out this problem. Magic pockets ruin it.

* Instead of just hiding bodies.. cleaning blood on the floor and cleaning the blood splatters on the walls, removing any evidence or proof like a watch or glasses or something.( Tons of Blood disappearing itself is unrealistic , and even if we hide the body but there is a lot of blood ,the guards are alerted , so there should be way to get rid of it)

* if there is mud or blood on agent 47 then people around and the guards start to look at 47 and come close to him and ask questions or talk to him and we would be able to go to the bathroom and remove any dirt/mud/blood, and after that everything cools down.

* If there is blood on a knife/hammer or a gun then the player should be able to clean it.
    I agree with pretty much everything on your list. Especially bringing back the sedative syringe and body bags should be a must. But sorry 47 is NOT a *** maid; nor do I ever want to see him become one.
    It's hard enough to have to sneak past guards to shoot a guy in the head, drag his body across the room, pick a lock, pull the door open, pick the guy back up, squeeze his carcass in the corner, sneak out, close the door behind you, hop out the window a split second before the guard walks back in, and then onto the next target(s). Now you want to have to sneak into the kitchen or a laundry room to get a bottle of Clorox and paper towels to clean up after the guy? No thanks. Why not do the dishes, vacuum the rugs and make their beds while you're at it? Unless you have some super awesome playing skills, and you can pull it off. That's great. I don't think I could.
    He squashed his pet canary with his hands, for no reason. I don't think a little mud or a drop of blood on someone else's hammer is going to bother him to much. And what if the cops decide to call in a CSI team to spray Luminol? What if they put crime scene tape around the building?

Another thing I never want to see again is 47 dressed up in camo commando gear carrying around a huge machine gun like he's a special ops Rambo. 47 should just be what he is; a hired contract killer "removing" certain individuals, and surveillance videos/incriminating photos etc. Striving for silent assassination. Reading about it the next day in the newspaper, tablet, laptop, some random internet news site etc. He should never be anywhere near a machine gun imo.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by kewlak View Post
    Sometimes (after dozen beatings the game with SA rating) i liked just pick up M60 and kill everyone from the area >: D . Presence of heavy guns no always ruins game stealthiness, and player should choose his own way (but no, i don't want bazooka or grenades, it would be overkill).
    By the way moving from point A to point B in Absolution without killing any target was boring. It's good to play one or two such missions in whole game, but no as many as in Abso. Welcome back, banned one
    Everything you just said is possible in Hitman without resorting to magic pockets. Going on a shooting spree, for example, just add a machine gun to your load out or take one off an enemy. The point is the weapon is procured on site and you're not walking in with it visible or hidden up your @$$. Aren't you the one who made a giant stink about boss battles, that Hitman was a stealth first and all this other nonsense, and now you wanna play deranged gunman. I don't recall saying that killing in Hitman should be removed, when I was talking about point A to point B. It's so good to be back.

Quote Originally Posted by kennj4 View Post
    Another thing I never want to see again is 47 dressed up in camo commando gear carrying around a huge machine gun like he's a special ops Rambo.
    I don't know if you're making reference to the jungle levels in C:47 but I really liked them. Sometimes, especially in the poorer countries, 47 can't just wear his nice expensive suit (think about it...nice guy in a suit in the middle of some native people); he needs to wear something that doesn't draw attention...he is a silent assassin after all. If he absolutely must wear camo for a mission, so be it. It doesn't automatically make him Rambo if he does.

I prefer a suitcase, a box of roses, a catering tray, a cake, or a gift basket to magic pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Shephard View Post
    I don't know if you're making reference to the jungle levels in C:47 but I really liked them. Sometimes, especially in the poorer countries, 47 can't just wear his nice expensive suit (think about it...nice guy in a suit in the middle of some native people); he needs to wear something that doesn't draw attention...he is a silent assassin after all. If he absolutely must wear camo for a mission, so be it. It doesn't automatically make him Rambo if he does.
    which mission are you referring to? As far as Absolution, I think Burn and Absolution, where you have to take out Jade was Bull. I'd much rather stalk through "high end" atmospheres, dressed in business attire, suit and tie, than a some jungle in a 3rd world country about to blow up the world dressed up with a huge helmet, xtra large bullet proof body armor and jungle boots up to the knees.... Not dumb it down to reach the knuckle draggers of the world. Even though I really enjoyed sniping the Shiek in HM2. But walking through the streets of India personally I could do without....
    signature image

which mission are you referring to? As far as Absolution, I think Burn and Absolution, where you have to take out Jade was Bull. I'd much rather stalk through "high end" atmospheres, dressed in business attire, suit and tie, than a some jungle in a 3rd world country about to blow up the world dressed up with a huge helmet, xtra large bullet proof body armor and jungle boots up to the knees.... Not dumb it down to reach the knuckle draggers of the world. Even though I really enjoyed sniping the Shiek in HM2. But walking through the streets of India personally I could do without....
    The jungle doesn't necessarily equate Rambo attire. And when was the last time you stepped out from your basement for some fresh air. You seem to have a problem with nature or anything that isn't artificial.

I think a jungle/forest environment drives the point home that 47 is the world's best assassin. If he can hang in the jungle with the special forces he can definitely complete assignments in civilization.

Also, if you keep the same familiar environment for too long it becomes stale. I, personally would like a jungle level. In a game like Hitman it will be a fresh concept. In particular I want 47 dressed in a guile suit - basically a sniper who looks like a giant bush, with camo paint. Maybe for the first part of the level 47 has to sneak through the forest without being eaten alive by tigers or crocodiles. Then he can trap a snake and throw it at en enemy later as an "accident". Along the way maybe he can sneak up on enemy snipers and take them out silently.

The classy, stylish levels are cool but too much of anything is bad. Everything is better in small doses.

Aren't you the one who made a giant stink about boss battles, that Hitman was a stealth first and all this other nonsense, and now you wanna play deranged gunman.
    Sure, instigator -.-

Instigate this.

What?

The jungle doesn't necessarily equate Rambo attire. And when was the last time you stepped out from your basement for some fresh air. You seem to have a problem with nature or anything that isn't artificial.

I think a jungle/forest environment drives the point home that 47 is the world's best assassin. If he can hang in the jungle with the special forces he can definitely complete assignments in civilization.

Also, if you keep the same familiar environment for too long it becomes stale. I, personally would like a jungle level. In a game like Hitman it will be a fresh concept. In particular I want 47 dressed in a guile suit - basically a sniper who looks like a giant bush, with camo paint. Maybe for the first part of the level 47 has to sneak through the forest without being eaten alive by tigers or crocodiles. Then he can trap a snake and throw it at en enemy later as an "accident". Along the way maybe he can sneak up on enemy snipers and take them out silently.

The classy, stylish levels are cool but too much of anything is bad. Everything is better in small doses.
    Sounds like Call of Duty or Black ops is more your style. Just another generic war game for simpletons.
    signature image

hi guys its my 1st comment just wanted to say i love the forum

Also, if you keep the same familiar environment for too long it becomes stale.
    You nailed it.

Sounds like Call of Duty or Black ops is more your style. Just another generic war game for simpletons.
    Just because he likes a little variety doesn't mean he wants "another generic war game". He has a good point: if 47 always does his hits in high end parties etc., the game gets boring. There's nothing "exotic" about another fancy hotel. It's also not going against any lore if he does happen to get a ghillie suit and take out targets...it just cements the fact that he is the most reliable assassin.

I will definitely not get the game if we get more missions that have a similar aesthetic style to Hope from Absolution. The whole place was too bland for my liking (the grainy graphics didn't help either).

Hitman C:47 was awesome because of how varied the missions were. Play the game if you haven't and you'll see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast