Thread: Christmas 2014 release?

Christmas 2014 release?

What are the chances do you think?

I think it will be out in time Christmas for the following reasons...

Obviously releasing a game at Christmas makes financial sense as it's the time when people buy and play the most games.

It's only for PS4, Xbox One and PC which will effect sales as these platforms don't have that big of a user base yet. (Xbox 360 and Ps3 have an 80 million + user base) They will obviously want to generate as much revenue as possible. So a Christmas release would benefit sales figures. If it released in Spring or Summer 2015, sales will inevitably be effected somewhat. Maybe Christmas 2015?

They've had 2 years possibly longer working on this title. IO is now used to the Glacier 2 engine after using it on Absolution, and will no doubt be recycling a lot of Absolutions features etc for Hitman 6. This will save a lot of time. If Ubisoft can pump out Far Cry 4 in 2 years, then i'm sure IO can put out a Hitman title in the same time frame.

What say you?

The fact we have seen nothing but a concept screen shot tells me we will likely not see this until 2015. I am perfectly ok with that as long as they do it right this time.

no way it comes out christmas 2014... don't get your hopes up kid'

guarantee it doesn't come out until some point after Oct 31 2015

We have seen and heard more of Hitman 6 than we have Far Cry 4, yet Far Cry 4 is releasing this year.

Having said this i've just discovered that Hitman Absolution was announced in 2009 and released in 2012. So we could be in for a long wait yet.

P.s less of the "kid" please, i'm a grown man and probably older than you! lol

Personally, I wouldn't expect a release until at least Holiday 2015. The way IO is talking about the game really shows that they haven't gotten a lot of it done...the name isn't even decided.