Thread: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - News and Updates

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - News and Updates

Famitsu Provides Development Status Update On Final Fantasy Games

www.siliconera.com/2013/05/29/famitsu-pr...

Final Fantasy X HD – 80%

Final Fantasy X-2 HD – 65%

Final Fantasy VIII (PC) – 80%

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII – 70%

Ha!

LR at E3 www.jp.square-enix.com/ffx_x-2HD/E3/

"Ask devs Yoshinori Kitase and Motomu Toriyama your LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII questions!" www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyXIII/posts/...

Can't wait to hear the 7 or so claps in the audience for that one.

LIGHTNING RETURNS:FINAL FANTASY XIII PLAY ARTS KAI Lightning www.facebook.com/hidemi.mt/media_set?set...

Looks really good. In fact, it's so good that I WOULD PRE-ORDER A SPECIAL EDITION OF THE GAME THAT HAS IT INCLUDED

HINT, HINT, Square Enix *twitches*

Compared to the earlier version of the figurine, it does look more refined, but I guess that was the point, lol

---

Whoo, E3 is closing in. I'm kind nervous about what LR news to hear about. I mean, I want new stuff, but I don't want a whole lot either to spoil the game for me.

If a playable demo was confirmed, I guess it will hopefully show up on PSN/Live not too long after, right? I think the FFXIII-2 demo showed up for download in Jan. 2012, but it was playable at E3 June 2011, but since LR is supposed to be out this Fall, we should get something a few months before the game release.

-Here comes Lightning
    www.facebook.com/hidemi.mt/media_set?set...
    www.finalfantasy.net/tactics/final-fanta...
    (Beautiful wallscroll)

-Snow will feel remorse for not being able to save Serah and wear a black outfit.
    anago.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/137041...

Snow

...Snow...? That's quite...the change.

A very sexy change, rawr :3

Nomura was high off the very acrylic paint he created them with.

XIV? How come you are asking in this thread?

"Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn’s release is locked-in for August 27, 2013"

gematsu.com/2013/06/lightning-returns-fi...

Well February 11, 2014 is definitely not Fall 2013, lol. A little disappointed, but whatever. I'll still buy it, even next year.

I'm not really understanding why Snow and Lightning are fighting since Noel seems to be going along with him being the saviour, but whatever.

I like that new theme playing in the trailer though :3

LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII E3 Trailer na.square-enix.com/lightningreturnsfinal...

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Latest Trailer

-Release Dates-

JP - November 21, 2013

NA - February 11, 2014

EU - February 14, 2014

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII’s Battle System Is All About Switching Schema www.siliconera.com/2013/06/06/lightning-...

Website Update

Snow - www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/LightningRe...

www.ff-reunion.net/wp-content/uploads/20...

Yusnaan - www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/LightningRe...

Main Mission - www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/LightningRe...

OST Campaign

www.square-enix.co.jp/music/sem/page/fab...

www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/LightningRe...

FINAL FANTASY XIII-LIGHTNING ULTIMATE BOX

store.jp.square-enix.com/special/LRff13?...

Special Controller

twitter.com/LRFF13/status/34261411734290...

Amazon Listings

Game www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00CXL3KH4

Figure (Ordinary Version) www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00D7X...

E3 2013 Lineup Announced na.square-enix.com/squareenixmembers/go/...

Check out the Square Enix E3 2013 Line-up!

I will buy this if :

Snow punches Hope in the face.

Lightning kills Hope.

Square promises to be finished with FFXIII.

Originally Posted by Xansticon

I will buy this if :

Snow punches Hope in the face.

Lightning kills Hope.

Square promises to be finished with FFXIII.

Amen and Agreed totally.

Some of the worst music I've ever heard.

Screenshots www.siliconera.com/2013/06/06/lightning-...

The Chinese version will be released the same day as the Japanese: November 21. asia.playstation.com/tw/cht/newsdetail?i...

More about the controller www.siliconera.com/2013/06/06/lightning-...

Im the only one who think the New Snow is like Noctis and Caius? and Ligtning is Stella from FFVS? So Caius is nowhere in LR? this is bad he was the best charatcer in FFXIII-2.But i think LR is too predictable i think Snow is join to Lighting side and everybody else after battle.

LIGHTNING RETURNS : FINAL FANTASY XIII PLAY ARTS -KAI- Product Page store.jp.square-enix.com/detail/MFF13PA2...

Originally Posted by gyigyo

Im the only one who think the New Snow is like Noctis and Caius? and Ligtning is Stella from FFVS? So Caius is nowhere in LR? this is bad he was the best charatcer in FFXIII-2.But i think LR is too predictable i think Snow is join to Lighting side and everybody else after battle.

I sort of thought Snow's hairstyle looked a bit like Raines from FFXIII, but like a said, just a bit xD

Snow's new threads being all black and, in a shocking twist, pretty realistic looking could give Versus vibes, but Nomura designed Snow's new outfit, so I wouldn't be surprised if he just had Versus on his mind and it translated into what he was creating. However, I doubt there's any deeper meaning. When you get down to it, they're just clothes. Unless Snow's gonna have Schema in battle like Lightning in the evental boss fight, not much to see here xD

I don't disagree with your prediction. Lightning beating down Snow for whatever reason that causes the two the fight and then the two reconciling after is the least shocking thing in the game, but I wouldn't say LR as a whole is going to be predictable. I honestly don't know what to expect when I play this game.

Also, Lightning = Stella? That never crossed my mind O_o

Unless you meant design wise, in which I also say no. I mean, you get the same character designer doing a whole whack of projects, similarites are bound to occur, but Lightning looks nothing like Stella IMO. Stella has more dark doe-like eyes from what I recall, and Lightning's are more sharp and bright. That alone destroys the illusion of them being one in the same for me.

As for Caius, I also want to see him again. The secret ending of FFXIII-2 suggests he's not done with his agenda, so I can't imagine him not being in the narrative in some capacity. With Chaos all around Nova Portus, the guy should be right at home and messing stuff up (or fixing things in his perspective, lol).

Originally Posted by new_tradition

Originally Posted by gyigyo

I sort of thought Snow's hairstyle looked a bit like Raines from FFXIII, but like a said, just a bit xD

Snow's new threads being all black and, in a shocking twist, pretty realistic looking could give Versus vibes, but Nomura designed Snow's new outfit, so I wouldn't be surprised if he just had Versus on his mind and it translated into what he was creating. However, I doubt there's any deeper meaning. When you get down to it, they're just clothes. Unless Snow's gonna have Schema in battle like Lightning in the evental boss fight, not much to see here xD

I don't disagree with your prediction. Lightning beating down Snow for whatever reason that causes the two the fight and then the two reconciling after is the least shocking thing in the game, but I wouldn't say LR as a whole is going to be predictable. I honestly don't know what to expect when I play this game.

Also, Lightning = Stella? That never crossed my mind O_o

Unless you meant design wise, in which I also say no. I mean, you get the same character designer doing a whole whack of projects, similarites are bound to occur, but Lightning looks nothing like Stella IMO. Stella has more dark doe-like eyes from what I recall, and Lightning's are more sharp and bright. That alone destroys the illusion of them being one in the same for me.

As for Caius, I also want to see him again. The secret ending of FFXIII-2 suggests he's not done with his agenda, so I can't imagine him not being in the narrative in some capacity. With Chaos all around Nova Portus, the guy should be right at home and messing stuff up (or fixing things in his perspective, lol).

I mean the way of battle stella vs noctis and lightning vs snow its similar.

Oh. Well, there's so little info about Versus that I don't think you can really compare them to be honest xD

We don't know why Noctis and Stella face off in the Versus trailer despite having a ammicable first meeting. Snow probably is ready to accept death if it means he sees Serah again, and Lightning apparently wants something that Snow has that he isn't willing to just give her for whatever reason, therefore boss fight, yay! lol

Originally Posted by new_tradition

Oh. Well, there's so little info about Versus that I don't think you can really compare them to be honest xD

We don't know why Noctis and Stella face off in the Versus trailer despite having a ammicable first meeting. Snow probably is ready to accept death if it means he sees Serah again, and Lightning apparently wants something that Snow has that he isn't willing to just give her for whatever reason, therefore boss fight, yay! lol

Truthfully, there's nothing similar between the 'fights' except that they're between a man wearing black, suit-esque clothes and a woman. They don't really have similar looks otherwise, their weaponry choices don't appear similar, and I honestly don't recall any proper clashing between Noctis and Stella. Certainly not in the style we were shown in the Lightning Returns trailer.

Ah well, not really a big deal. I'm a little curious as to what exactly it is Lightning wants from Snow, since he doesn't seem to have been actively chasing her the way Noel was.

Looks like LR FFXIII will be released for PC too (it could be fake...)

www.destructoid.com//ul/255732-gallery-h...

imageshack.us/a/img195/6286/195720130609...

Page 76 of 85 First First ... 2666727374757677787980 ... Last