Page 6 of 85 First First ... 23456789101656 ... Last

Thread: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - News and Updates

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - News and Updates

Personally, I'm fine with the lower hour count. As long as there are giant variations between playthroughs, I'll be fine.

Personally, I can't stand going through games more than once, or maybe twice for really good games, but having to go through it several times in order to get through all the content, that's gonna drive me crazy, if I don't just give up on the game entirely after I finish the game one time. I can only thank Square-Enix for having only a single good ending (apparently, if you let the doom clock run down, there are multiple bad ending possibilities, although that's assuming that the translations on those interviews are correct, because it's only implied, not confirmed, at least not as far as I've heard), because if I had to stress out over having to do every single thing in a single playthrough with the doom clock hanging over my head, just to get the ending I want, then I really would go insane. As it is, I'll only have to stress out about that stuff on principal, because I wouldn't be able to stand going through the game several times just because I missed a couple quests here and there.

I just hope Motomu Toryama doesn't mess up the writing at all. I trust Nomura, Katise, Sakaguchi, and Ito with a good script, but still not Toryama. I really want this game to drive home the feeling of isolation and 'the world is on the brink of darkness' vibe. Really, I just hope it's meloncholy till the end.

Video - The Making of City of Light

(Isamu Kamikokuryo's Oil Painting)

www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=15649387115...

Ahh, I love the music in that video. But when do you think we'd get any gameplay? TGS?

"Unfortunately if it's not in this blog post then don't expect any surprises."

eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/tokyo-game-sh...

Biscuits.

Video - The Making Of - Sneak Peek

Have a (tiny) first look at the costume change system.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO4hsrk0mlo&feat...

OMG Grimoire. Thanks for this!

There is no need to thank me. After all, all I did was copy and paste the YouTube link via Square Enix's Japanese Facebook page (and Twitter).

Anyway: Nice video, huh? I noticed several interesting details in it, such as a neat little plant sitting on one of the tables. Not often you see living plants in Japanese cube farms.

From what I can see here, it really has piqued my interest! Can't wait for more info!!

I'll keep an eye out.

So I saw that short developer documentary. It was very interesting to see the workers making the game. Wish it would have showed more than a screen with checkered floors but I'm sure we'll get a trailer soon.
    “Turn to the light. Don't fear the shadow it creates.”

If only they'd make on like that for Versus. Still, I'm really hyped for LR!!

So, what are your first impressions?

Happiness knowing that another FF XIII would come out and i cant wait for it XD

Thoughts?

I think that playing with lightning again would be awesome

Expectations?

I expected this game to be an improvement, using the XIII and XIII-2 to solve any past mistakes

When does anyone think we'll get a gameplay demo or teaser trailer?

Since nothing has been said about FFXIIILR being promoted at TGS, maybe at Jump Festa?

...Hmm...although that event is more than three months away.

I really hope they make a surprise announcement at TGS. Along with Versus. Does anyone think this to be possible? I know they've done it in the past...Maybe I'm just too impatient, but if they don't show anything, I'd start to think they announced the game way too early...

Originally Posted by Fat Squeek

I really hope they make a surprise announcement at TGS. Along with Versus. Does anyone think this to be possible? I know they've done it in the past...Maybe I'm just too impatient, but if they don't show anything, I'd start to think they announced the game way too early...

lol Too early? 30% done seems like a decent time to start previewing some of it's features, or come up with a gameplay demo. I wouldn't expect anything from Versus honestly. I seriously just don't think it's going to be released; ever. No gameplay videos for what, 6 years now? Just rumors, rumors, rumors. It's clear that Lightning and crew were the face of the XIII series( and Final Fantasy this gen ), and they obviously have a thing for her. Releasing a game that might be 10x as awesome as all of the XIII's combined would probably be a bummer for them, seeing how much they care for Lightning.

I honestly believe that they had hoped for a Versus XIII ( as a stand-alone game ) but after the mixed reviews of their flagship FF this gen, they didn't want to out do it. Does that make sense? It does to me. Why would I work my butt off for something I cared a lot about, and wanted others to care a lot about only to find out that what I had done wasn't recieved well. And that this other thing I made that was a preview of something I was working on was already more successful and caused an uproar? I think that's how I see it.

What I fully expect to happen is when LR is out for a few months, they'll announce the conclusion of not only Lightning's games, but also the XIII franchise as a whole. Minus of course, porting Agito ( or whatever ) here.

Just my opinions.

TYPE-0 is no longer a XIII title (even if it's still a Fabula Nova Crystallis game).

...Which makes me wonder why Versus still has the XIII attached to its title. Well, only time will tell, I guess...

Originally Posted by Grimoire

TYPE-0 is no longer a XIII title (even if it's still a Fabula Nova Crystallis game).

...Which makes me wonder why Versus still has the XIII attached to its title. Well, only time will tell, I guess...

I think they'll keep it like that until they figure out what they're going to do with the game. Now's not the time for them to announce much on Versus in my opinion whether they're scrapping it, or fully intend to release it eventually. It would be detrimental for LR if they put more information out on Versus before LR is released.

Originally Posted by Cope26

Originally Posted by Grimoire

I think they'll keep it like that until they figure out what they're going to do with the game. Now's not the time for them to announce much on Versus in my opinion whether they're scrapping it, or fully intend to release it eventually. It would be detrimental for LR if they put more information out on Versus before LR is released.

I highly doubt it does anymore, honestly.

Should I feel guilty about really wanting this game? Many people credit the dearth of Versus info with LR, and though I would love new information about Versus, I still can't wait for this game.

Not at all. I think it's perfectly acceptable not to hold your breath on a game that's only had 1-2 videos and laced with rumors for 6 years. I'm fine with the fact that it won't come out. If it does, then it will be an unexpected suprise. Kinda' like that woman I was with in Thailand...

*sighs* I'm guessing you slept with her right?

Page 6 of 85 First First ... 23456789101656 ... Last