Thread: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - News and Updates

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - News and Updates

I hope to see some more of the Fabula Nova Crystallis mythology at work. It really seems like chaos has really messed up the world. So many questions!

"Bigger Version of Kamikokuryo's Lighthing Returns Final Fantasy XIII Oil Painting"

andriasang.com/con2jr/kamikokuryo_painti...

Her get-up in that pic looks a lil Fang-isg to me, maybe it's just the angle but thats all I can see.. haha

Originally Posted by Grimoire

"Bigger Version of Kamikokuryo's Lighthing Returns Final Fantasy XIII Oil Painting"

andriasang.com/con2jr/kamikokuryo_painti...

That picture... It's absolutely gorgeous. That man is an amazing artist!

Originally Posted by saria3

Her get-up in that pic looks a lil Fang-isg to me, maybe it's just the angle but thats all I can see.. haha

Exactly my thought.

images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/0/0...

Originally Posted by saria3

That picture... It's absolutely gorgeous. That man is an amazing artist!

Mhm. And it was his first oil painting in 15 years at that.

This is going to be exciting. I hope that it's not a Lightning game though. My thoughts

I wish they stayed in the battle system of XIII and XIII-2. Well, it sounds to me that a battle like KH is very boring, assigning button commands etc.

The world is explained thoroughly and plot is centered on the characters.

The monsters are intriguing. Well st least for me. Howwver the thing thst disturbs me is the MGS gameplay.

I meant a Lightning only game. Typo

Game sounds great right now. Can't wait. Unlike the old men who constantly want FF1 type games, I was glad to see the series evolve with XIII and onwards.

The only thing I'm worried about is how "actiony" this game will be. Don't want it to be like Dirge of Cerebrus.

*Coughs*

I may be old, but I like FINAL FANTASY XIII as much as I like the original FINAL FANTASY. Also, DIRGE of CERBERUS happens to be my favourite title.

*Coughs*

I may be old, but I like FINAL FANTASY XIII as much as I like the original FINAL FANTASY. Also, DIRGE of CERBERUS happens to be my favourite title.

DoC was a good game, but I don't think it's style of gameplay would work well with Lightning. Just my opinion though.

I doubt they would use a gameplay style similar to such an old game as DC. Besides, a FPS wouldn't suit Lightning (unless she switches her gunblade for a gun).

I doubt they would use a gameplay style similar to such an old game as DC. Besides, a FPS wouldn't suit Lightning (unless she switches her gunblade for a gun).

Already an automatic weapon as demonstrated in the opening of XIII. And wouldn't DoC be a Third-person shooter? If I remember correctly, it was. Been a good 6 or so years since I played it though.

(You could change the perspective in DC.)

I still don't think they would want to focus more on the gun part of her weapon than the sword part. That would make the gameplay too similar to The 3rd Birthday.

Me no likey action FF games. But if it's Lightning, it should rock my world.

[quote author=146517187 post=523705895]

My thoughts I wish they stayed in the battle system of XIII and XIII-2. Well, it sounds to me that a battle like KH is very boring, assigning button commands etc.

Must, not, take, insult, to KH seriously. Must, not, kill, due to clashing viewpoints.

(Sorry about the messed up quote, I'm not used to posting with them.)

I'm really looking forward to play this game

Originally Posted by CorvoAtano
    Originally Posted by jacko

I hope this is finally the end of this saga, it is very disappointing. I grew up on FF, the first game I ever bought was Final fantasy Mystic Quest.

I have played them all, but stopped at XIII, I couldn't even bring myself to finish it. Even the characters where dull and hope was just miserable. I'm still a supporter of square enix, but I just can't invest my money into a saga that is so unrewarding.

Well, they did say that this would end the saga. I hope they can end it right.
    Well i would hope so as well, with so much that went into it. I don't wish ill upon it. I just don't know anyone who likes it, and see them covering the shelves as game stores. I really think lighting is overrate. I don't mind a female lead, but she had now appeal. she was like a muddy emo goth with inverted clothes

Aww man i cant wait for the game to come out

Lightning Returns will most probably mean the end of Lightning's protagonism, but obviously not the saga's.

I think this is the opening act to introduce us to Versus XIII, with some background about the world: Novus Portus and Bhunivelze; and gameplay transition: from active turn-based to action fight system. And who knows? maybe some other hints to tie the knot.

For me, this has been a saga that caused so much unpleasantness among fans, but I have enjoyed it to the point of being intrigued about its conclusion.

I pity those that think Versus is directly connected to XIII.

Anywho

i.imgur.com/ka7MD.png

Originally Posted by Magius

I pity those that think Versus is directly connected to XIII.

Anywho

i.imgur.com/ka7MD.png

You might pity me/them, but I didn't mean to emphasize a "direct" relation per se. I mean they are trying to "soften" the transition between both games by introducing a more modern/darker world and a more action focused combat before letting us interact with King Caelum's Kingdom.

I'm not implying Lightning will meet Noctis or anything like that...

I would like to post my thoughts after having watched the 37 minute video presentation of Lightning Returns:Final Fantasy XIII.

The title LR:FFXIII should not be used. If Square Enix is truthfull in their statement that this game is the last of the trilogy then there is no reason for them not to have a picture of Lightning on the front cover and name the game Final Fantasy XIII-3. Lightning was on the first and second cover so be consistent. This is not Lord of the Rings Volume 3: Return of the King. This is not Star Wars episode 6: Return of the Jedi.

Monorail: Claire "Lightning" Farron is now a goddess. Lightning can summon Odin and transform him into a horse or airplane. I know this for a fact because I saw Lightning do this in the opening cinematic battle that lasted for 30 minutes at the start of Final Fantasy XIII-2. Lightning can fly the skies using Odin as an airplane why would she ever use a monorail?

Locked Gates and Blind Alleyways: The gameplay will feature mechanisms in which if you wonder a passageway at night or enter an area you may get trapped by a locked gate. Lightning could just summon Odin and transform him into a horse and just jump over the gate.

Gameplay will feature Lightning tracking thieves by ducking behind objects and using stealth: This is not Metal Gear Solid. Lightning is a goddess. She is the ruler of Valhalla. Lightning does not need to hide from thieves or anyone else for that matter.

Doomsday Clock: A beautifully designed world but unfortunately a self imposed time limit in which you will not be able to enjoy the scenery. Gran Pulse was amazing in Final Fantasy XIII and we had all the time in the world to enjoy it.

The Story: Final Fantasy XIII--rescue Serah/save Cocoon. Final Fantasy XIII-2--rescue Claire Farron but that did not end well. I do not see how LR:FFXIII can answer a thousand questions that players may be asking themselves.

Final Fantasy XIII-2: Alternate universe timelines that were never explained in the game. Academia 400AF and Academia 4XXAF. The XX in the date represented an alternate universe. It would be extremely difficult for LR:FFXIII to use the Historia Crux once again because they would have to spend hours answering all the questions we have form using it in FFXIII-2.

Cover Design: The new cover will feature a Crystal Logo that represents Lightning. Really! Why would you do that? Players do not want to look a at Logo they want to look at Lightning herself.

Isamu Kamikokuryo: As you know an oil painting by Isamu was recently revealed by Square Enix. A direct quote from the Final Fantasy Forums.net website,"This is his first painting in 10 years. That`s showing how important this game is for him!" Their has been praise for the painting as well as negative reactions. I find it shamefull that Square Enix forced this upon Isamu. The beautifully designed world that was revealed as Novus Partus was created by Isamu. Why oh why did SE not allow Isamu to use the best graphical tools to create a breathtaking image of Lightning.

Originally Posted by Mag1cMag3

...This is not Star Wars...

...Is it not? I thought it was ever since I first played FINAL FANTASY XIII, and that is also why I predicted from the start that the saga would consist of three games...was I wrong? Apparently not. ^_^

Luke & Light, Princess Leia and Princess Serah, Darth Raines, Han Snow, The Death Cocoon, The New Death Cocoon (and a New Hope), the tough Wookie and the cute Ewok, the smart little robot and the silly robot, etc., etc.

Confirmed: 2013 is the worldwide release date, not only the Japanese one.

Title isn't FINALIZED as Lightning Return's: Final Fantasy XIII, is it?

Page 2 of 85 First First 1234561252 ... Last