Thread: What is the niche of the prophet? And how to Sentinel against organized groups?

What is the niche of the prophet? And how to Sentinel against organized groups?

What is the niche of the prophet? And how to Sentinel against organized groups?

I have a hard time wrapping my mind around the prophet. Sure you could play support with draining curse and sacrifice, but hex is almost beneficial for vamps in some situations, and doesn't cancel a charge or leap (possibly, haven't tested leap).

How do?

On that same token, Sentinel is a riot to play but against organized groups you can't exactly swoop in with ease and they don't get split up for long. Obviously you can create an opportunity for other vamps, but it's only good if they can seize it. And even then, you could be spamming toxic mist or jumping into the fray to seperate/do more active things to the group rather than pull one off everyone once in a while that you get the opportunity.

air strike for sent can also cause them to scatter then you can kidnap/puncture and they are usually dead, leaving 3v4
    signature image

Prophet is general DPS IMO.

Read the guides. Best advice I can give.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

Prophet is in my opinion the most sustained weapon dps in the game. Dueling other vampires 1v1 is his specialty.
    And yes you can cancel tyrant/reaver leaps with banish shot, tyrant charge is immunity to CC.

On the sentinel, It's not a 1 answer question. Quite simply, for the vamps, there is no better engage, IMO, than the smoke bomb from the reaver, or, when I use it, Choking gas bomb. The best way to use the bomb in my opinion is to dive in, hard as you can, land on someone, or don't it's not really that important, but what is important is to throw the bomb right on top of them, and use your limited invincibility to GTFO before they kill you, run away, wait on cooldowns and do it again.

Using that strat you can reliably engage and stay alive fairly well, only occasionally being 100 to 0'd if you're being as quick as you can, and reliably giving your team a chance to engage without getting 4 people shooting you in the face.

Originally Posted by Saturnity
    Honestly just watch this.

Just watched that Prophet video... spent the whole time thinking about how much more DPS he would be doing as a hunter.

Originally Posted by Crawlich
    Just watched that Prophet video... spent the whole time thinking about how much more DPS he would be doing as a hunter.
    Nothing against Saturn, since I know he's a solid player as I've played with and against him...But that video showcases a level 40 going against 16 and under ranked players.

That video would have been slightly different on a more even playing field against and with teams that were on similar experience levels I am sure, especially based on how those vampires played heh.

Originally Posted by KabukiTV
    Nothing against Saturn, since I know he's a solid player as I've played with and against him...But that video showcases a level 40 going against 16 and under ranked players.

That video would have been slightly different on a more even playing field against and with teams that were on similar experience levels I am sure, especially based on how those vampires played heh.
    Why is this relevant? The video shows how to play prophet. The quality of opposition was never mentioned in this thread. The only thing your comment does is try to diminish its credibility.

Originally Posted by KabukiTV

The other team had a combined level advantage until the level 40 dude left. I thought he crashed but it turns out that he didn't.
    Last edited by Saturnity; 6th Jul 2014 at 21:13.

Originally Posted by Crawlich
    The game isn't about "DPS."

Originally Posted by cmstache
    The game isn't about "DPS."
    True, but the prophet is IMO. Only scenario that makes banish shot better than whip/bola is for jumping tyrants.

Originally Posted by Saturnity
    The other team had a combined level advantage until the level 40 dude left. I thought he crashed but it turns out that he didn't.
    The other lv40 is one of the EU regulars, a very kind person with a lot of play time, but also more of the "pls be in the other team so we dont lose again" skill type. A good example of level not reflecting skill at all.

Im not sure where it turns out he didnt crash. Hard to judge without him asking.

However you wanna put it, a video with all 8 players on even ground would have looked different. This more of a promotion video for the sharpness of a knife showcasting it by cutting warmed butter.

It was entertaining and fun to watch, but shows why its disrespected to post pub kills in frag movies.

Nice video but, "no braggin rights" - Which you didnt do anyway and most likely never intended. Hope others take it with a grain of salt too.

Originally Posted by FireWorks911
    It was entertaining and fun to watch, but shows why its disrespected to post pub kills in frag movies.

Nice video but, "no braggin rights" - Which you didnt do anyway and most likely never intended. Hope others take it with a grain of salt too.
    It's a gameplay, not a frag movie. There aren't many scrims or pick up games ever happening, so I just upload whatever's entertaining.

I don't want to publicly talk about why I'm pretty sure the level 40 didn't crash, though.

The video was nice. (Followed btw Saturn.) And Sat's a great player. But, there were a few chances for him to be punished that the newer players just didn't take advantage of. But, that's how the game works. It shows how to play a prophet (at least that specific type, and there are lots with the prophet class.) and that was the point. You can't really blame the guy for not playing vs good enemies when it's currently random...

Here's an Idea for sentinel, I just got rocked by 4 of them. We couldn't hide anywhere and constantly got slaughtered.

Hiding from Vamps is a bad idea in general. Some of their best skills punish crowds hard. A troll team of Sents will just divide and conquer anyways, so it makes more sense to stay outside with a little distance between each Human and put the most hurt on them when they dive at you.

Pro tip: War Bows may be gimmicky, but they make Sents rage, and Scouts are a good counter to begin with.

Sentinel sucks against organized groups, and by that I mean people who can aim in any way or toss a bola.

psyonix pls.