Thread: Meet the New Community Manager!

Meet the New Community Manager!

Originally Posted by 68_pie
    "Soon"

Yes! Trademarked. Of course.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Originally Posted by Viktoria
    Yes! Trademarked. Of course.
    Must look like mockery to those who wait for a serious response. Just saying.

Are you saying some people have no sense of humour?
    signature image

That's not what I'm saying but it's the true nonetheless. What I'm saying is that EM are shooting themselves in the foot by ignoring valid complaints for so long - and the same goes for our new Community Manager. Sorry, Sacha, but that doesn't bode well.

Just so we're on the right page here... what valid complaints are EM ignoring exactly?
    As for Sacha, he's just started and we ought to give him time to settle into his new role.
    He is definitely working hard behind the scenes as we speak in an effort to get answers to questions. He'll update us as soon as he can.
    signature image

Just so we're on the right page here... what valid complaints are EM ignoring exactly?
    As for Sacha, he's just started and we ought to give him time to settle into his new role.
    He is definitely working hard behind the scenes as we speak in an effort to get answers to questions. He'll update us as soon as he can.
    I'm not going to reiterate peoples' complaints about the Director's Cut, you've read them yourself. As for the CM, it is bad form not to, at the very least, personally aknowledge those peoples' increasingly wary pleas a sign - any sign at all. Anyway, I'm not going to fight other peoples' fight and if EM can't be arsed, so be it. Just don't wonder why their reputation goes down the drain in the long run.

Yes, there have been a few complaints.... and it is not my intention to downplay whatever issues these people have experienced. I don't have the Director's Cut myself, so I can't provide any personal comments on the matter either.

But these people have not been ignored. You can see they have received a response, albeit not a complete solution... as yet.
    I expect Sacha will update us in regard to a DX:HR/DC PC patch as soon as he can.
    signature image

Here's a nice list of the "few" complaints.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/238010...0891608249/#p1

And yes, we have been ignored. Eight months of being fairly completely ignored. But now I can add dismissive, so thanks for that.

My definition of 'ignored' is to disregard intentionally and refuse to take notice of, or acknowledge. I merely stated that this is not the case here. I made no comment regarding other forums elsewhere; and there is no dispute that complaints actually exist.
    As I stated earlier, let's wait for our new CM to update us regarding a patch for the Director's Cut.
    signature image

For one, how about the missing second screen/screen control functionality for PC that is still being directly advertised on the Steam Director's Cut page?

Originally Posted by http://store.steampowered.com/app/238010/
    there are always choices, multiple approaches, multiple paths and multiple tools at your disposal including the Intel® Screen Control for a more immersive user experience
    8 months after release you are still advertising a feature that doesn't exist, and looks to never be implemented as Intel has removed all traces of Screen Control from their websites. I understand if this is a vendor issue, but SE has no excuse after almost 8 months to advertise a non-existent feature. At the very least remove the feature from your advertising until it is implemented, if ever.

Not to mention the myriad of texture issues mentioned, simplified (non-existent) car reflections, tens of bugs that were previously fixed in the original release have been reverted in the DC and other issues, all in the steam thread DrZann was so nice to have linked you. After over 8 months of the same issues raised time and time again, most people have just given up all hope on a patch being released, and lurk in the background while forum regulars keep pressing for these issues to at the very least be addressed - and for 8 months being told "soon™".

I don't believe anyone denies that communication has been lacking. But our new CM is on the case.... stay tuned.
    signature image

Belated greetings to the new CM. Good luck, as DX fans' reaction to past CMS has generally been... lukewarm.

To answer the initial question: Originally, I saw a friend play DX,a nd he told me a bit about the plot. I liked the fact that it was an FPS game with "more than just shooting", so a few years later I've asked him for the name, and palyed it for myself. Then I played IW, Bloodlines, both System Shocks, and then cried with desperation that there weren't more games like this.

I can't say I've noticed any of our friendly regulars being only lukewarm with our CMs...
    signature image

To answer Sacha's original question (Sacha like from Le Carré's novel? No that was Sasha) I first started playing Deus Ex because my brother bought the game and it was a computer game that I had to play when I was growing up. That might be kind of lame, but it's true. I kept playing though because I wanted to see how far I could push the story in any direction I chose. It reciprocated.

Welcome.

"Soon™"

It's not happening guys. It costs money to do these things, money SE cannot/refuse to spare.

Just cross your fingers and hope DX4 is good. We'll be lucky.

My definition of 'ignored' is to disregard intentionally and refuse to take notice of, or acknowledge.
    Yes, and Clinton did not have sexual relations with that woman.

I'm not talking about politics either....
    signature image

But these people have not been ignored. You can see they have received a response, albeit not a complete solution... as yet.
    Where is this response? I did not see it. Thanks for clarifying.

Check the relevant technical forum threads.
    signature image

I did. Still not seeing the official response. Do you have a specific one in mind?

Not a specific one, no.
    signature image

But these people have not been ignored. You can see they have received a response, albeit not a complete solution...
    Originally Posted by oasis789
    Where is this response? I did not see it. Thanks for clarifying.
    Originally Posted by oasis789
    I did. Still not seeing the official response. Do you have a specific one in mind?
    Not a specific one, no.
    Come now Viktoria; if such an official response that addresses the plethora of issues raised lays ever so plainly in sight, it should be easy to link us to this response you are referencing

Come now, what?
    I stated that people are not being "ignored" per se (see previous post with definition) because clearly there are responses from the professionals in the technical forum.
    signature image

Come now, what?
    I stated that people are not being "ignored" per se (see previous post with definition) because clearly there are responses from the professionals in the technical forum.
    Unfortunately, this isn't clear to me at least, even after going through the technical forum extensively for said responses. Would you care to link to specific responses by way of example?

Colour me lazy (its summertime and I'm chilled ), but rather than asking me to link to every single individual response from members of the tech team, it would be easier for you to use the search function in the technical forum to find them all in one go. I have no idea if any of their responses address your particular issue, so it is best that you conduct the search yourself and see what is there.
    Search for posts from the following members: jaycw2309, epedneault and Nixxes.
    signature image

Page 3 of 7 First First 1234567 Last