Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last

Thread: New classes

New classes

Fan ideas: Human Class: Energist

This is just me giving old creative muscles a flex or two. I know this is also in the public forums, but that is just me kinda mingling with the unenlightened masses. I do kinda-ish want the opinions of ye actual testers.

Since we actually play the game over here I want to clarify a thing not stated in the Public Forums:

This is more of a thematic character, the ideas are to go with said theme, spell caster, using energy in somewhat inventive ways to assist the humans in there fight, and trying to get away from typical "THROW ALL THE FIRE AND LIGHTENING BOLTS" type character.

I was not overly concerned with what roles the humans need. Feel free to add any ideas, criticize, I have no expectation that this makes it into the final game. If it makes it in the books great, if not it was a fun use of half an hour. Anywho, let's press onwards.

Lore:
    So kinda keeping with the theme of the Alchemist, sect/cult based off Pillar guardian, Something something Dejoule, somehow somewhere magic, (I'm no loremaster)

Appearance: Combat mage-esque

Role: Medium range combat manipulator

Primary weapons:
    Energy bolt (more creative name needed possibly): Slower projectile. Mild tracking abilities. Aiming charges allows increase to projectile speed.
    Arc Shock: Hitscan, longer range, Full charge allows for chain lightning in a radius
    Something Blast: Very short range, (think a shotgun in normal shooter terms), Charge deflects vampires
    4th weapon

Primary Skills
    Grasp: Energist grasps a vampire for a brief period and may relocate them using mouse. Left click repels vampire. Long Cooldown, no damage, unable to attack while channeling.

Secondary Skills
    Energy Sentry: Summons a sentry circling Energist. Reveals vampires in small radius (echolocate style). Attacks nearest Vampire with modified version Energist's current weapon. Uses charged effects, deals less damage than the weapon

Ward: Brief invulnerability to x number of vampire standard attacks. Charged vampire attacks count as y number of standard (2 for now, considering they do 2x damage)

Stasis Field: Dome around Energist glows, and traps all projectiles, weapon shots, and greatly reduces speed of vampires. Energist may not move while casting. Allows humans to reposition to avoid haze/pounce/charge etc., set up, attack other targets. Briefly removes vampires from fight. Assaulting the energist right away can cause multiple vampires to be suspended. Vampires have the opportunity to pursue the Energist in the field, or avoid incoming fire (i.e. AoE spam that is so dominant).

Inductive Vortex: Throws a device which electrocutes vampires in a dome, and weakly pulls them towards each other (you know electromagnetic forces, for science). Vampires must cooperate to exit the damaging area in a timely manner.
    In-game: Sirshua, being a sir everywhere.

I really like this idea! I love how you've tied it to another one of the original Circle members, as Dejoule didn't really get much mention post-Blood Omen.

From what I've read this class could certainly fulfill a mage criteria (as you say) in Nosgoth and - with that in mind - maybe it would be good to balance it out with an equally powerful vampire class, perhaps an off-shoot of the Zephonim clan who meddled with magical relics/artifacts once used to maim vampires by your mages in The Silenced Cathedral (which they themselves helped to construct)?

Human Class Idea

Here are my ideas

CLASS: TRACKER

He is a vampire tracker.

MAIN WEAPON: Shotgun
    Ranged, Short range, 6 shots

Abilities
    Primary: Net Gun - shoots a net that makes vampires can't move but can attack Alt: Throws a net covered in bombs that slow.
    Secondary: Mech Dog - Summons a mechanical dog to help you. He will bark when vampires near and he can bite too.

Looks: A big guy with a beard and googles. Should look steampunk.

Vampire's thing is getting up in your face, and you're asking for an extremely hard counter with that class. Also I don't think that sort of thing quite fits in with the LoK lore.

Originally Posted by yecrasta
    Abilities
    Primary: Net Gun - shoots a net that makes vampires can't move but can attack Alt: Throws a net covered in bombs that slow.
    Secondary: Mech Dog - Summons a mechanical dog to help you. He will bark when vampires near and he can bite too.

Looks: A big guy with a beard and googles. Should look steampunk.
    Respectfully, hell no. This isn't Borderlands.

I don't think the humans in this era are advanced enough to have reached the steam age. The rapid fire crossbow already seems too advanced for this point in history as it's closer to medieval considering how most of the humans technology was taken/destroyed by the vampires.

I mean there was a bit of steam age equivalent technology in BO2, but they did have the help of the hylden and glyph magic at that point. At best, they've landed somewhere between medieval and BO2 levels.

There's no way humans scattered to the corners of the land would have the knowledge or tools to build a mechanical dog and considering the setting for this game, I'm sure the devs could come up with something more original than a shotgun.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Bump for more exposure, it's been a while and new people have joined etc. Fresh opinions on this?

I am hoping for more classes sourced from the Pillar Guardians and Dejoule's disciples, with the energy attacks, would certainly fit the range aspect the developers want for the humans.

The primary weapons sound like they would make me feel like Cole from Infamous.

which as a fan would absolutely KICK ASS

I am a bit iffy on the some of the other skills but the overall is quite intriguing I hope something like this comes along.

I want to see them use a lightning rod or a staff like Merlin uses at 0:45 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n0-8...Hxc-Gs&index=2
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    I am hoping for more classes sourced from the Pillar Guardians and Dejoule's disciples, with the energy attacks, would certainly fit the range aspect the developers want for the humans.

The primary weapons sound like they would make me feel like Cole from Infamous.

which as a fan would absolutely KICK ASS

I am a bit iffy on the some of the other skills but the overall is quite intriguing I hope something like this comes along.
    I loved Infamous, except for the climbing. I would get annoyed, and then switch to Prototype

A mage human? I'm in. Would be a pretty neat addition.

I like this idea too, and with a couple tweaks to the abilities mentioned here, or some nice new ones, coupled with the aura like abilities, this could be the close ranged shotgun class that many people seem to want right now.

ok guys bad idea

Too advanced, at max he could use primitive gunpowder weapons like blunderbuss ^^

Human class ideea

I was thinking...what about a flamethrower class?Let's call it Pyro for this topic.
    I saw somewhere that u guys want something like a shotgun class but sience u can't add an actual shotgun how about a flamethrower?
    I imagine them heavly armored and a little slower than the rest of the humans (not by mutch something like 0.5% slower),but sience they are a little slower and have basically closed ranged attacks...witch means the vamps will get to them very easy maybe they should have some mele dmg reduce...like 40 maybe.
    U could take the flamethrower and firewall abillityes from the alchemyst and add it to Pyro and instead of thoese u could add acid based abillityes to the alchemyst (but ofc not acid wall and acidthrower).Maybe an acid bomb that detonates on a small area and once the acid hits the vamp it does dmg over time,the closer the vamp is when it detonates,the more acid sticks to him and there for more dmg.
    U could also add a Circle of Fire abillity to the Pyro...well the name says it all,he puts down a circle of fire that sorunds him and has an area like the reaver's smoke bomb but sience it's no way around it,it does less dmg than the fire wall.
    Unlike the flamethrower abillity,the weapon itself does dmg like the scout's bow,by clicking it multiple times,not just holding left click.Maybe the weapon could fire a fire ball or something that does 200 dmg and then an 30-40 dmg over time.
    And considering that,u could add more tipes of flamethroers (again weapons not abillityes) one that does more DOT (dmg over time) but less on the actual hit,one that has more range but less dmg,etc.

Erm they have a class for that already its called the alchemist and those skills sound like good ideas for the alchemist.

U didn't understood anything that i said,did u?

Yes I did read your post all of these ability ideas sound like great things that could be added to the alchemist. Your ideas is stepping too much on the toes of the alchemist class. There is already a class that is all about using flames and poison/acid on vampires and that's the alchemist.

Plus these weapon ideas are already somewhat available in the alchemist class via abilities so I think adding a class where their main weapon is a flamethrower and acid does not make much sense in my opinion.

No u still don't get it...i said to take the flamethrower and firewall abillityes from the alchemys and add it to the Pyro class,and instead of thoese 2 abillities to add acid based ones to the alchemys so that the alchemyst won't remain without abillties.
    I didn't said to add acid and flame abillityes to the pyro,only flame to pyro and acid to alchemyst to compensate the firewall and flamethrower.

Huh? The alchemist already *is* the pyro class, isn't it? Acid (or water since it's the same thing to vampires) isn't a bad idea for a variation of their weapon though. That weird green fire from Game of Thrones would be a cool variation too.

Regarding the shotgun. It's not just that it's too modern (relative to the period Nosgoth is set in), but it's not very original either. There are all kinds of ancient weapons to choose from.

What about some throwing weapons like these for a new class:
    http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...psa22b630b.jpg

Maybe a weapon like the chakram from Xena.
    Last edited by Vampmaster; 25th Mar 2014 at 12:51.

Yeah, well... I think I speak for all alchemist players when I say we want our fire where it is (i.e. in vampires' guts).

Well the alchemist is my main human class and instead of the fire wall i use Poison bomb,so if instead oh the firewall they add an acid grenade like i said and instead of the flamethrower they add...idk something similar) i don't think the fire abillities will be missed.
    Last edited by LegacyOfKayn; 25th Mar 2014 at 17:34.

New class idea

Hello BlackH20 here with a suggestion for a new human class the priest/cultist.

After overlooking the Nosgoth Lore pages I noticed mention of humans who treated vampires as god-like figures, this class would be based off of possibly a rebellion of these cultists who now are holy messiahs with extensive knowledge on vampire psych, and classic but non-cliche weaknesses.

The priest/cultist would act as a support class with abilities that are on par with the purpose of the deceiver but uniquely different. the possible weapons and abilities I've listed below

Primary weapon: holy water gun
    Description: Fires a steady thin jet of holy water steam
    Weapon varieties: wide arc short burst(smaller clip and less dmg), Vial slinger(shoots glass orbs full of holy water that can be lobbed over walls and deals aoe splash), narrow jet(more range)

DPS:80
    RoF:10/sec
    Clip: 100?

Abilities:
    Prayer:
    holy recitation instills confusion in vampires that reverses set movement keys(up-down left-right)
    Cast time: 3 seconds
    Aoe:Yes
    Duration: 8 seconds
    How it is useful: unexpected reverse of movement can essentially make some unprepared vampires run away from thier targets providing quick relief.

Holy Cross: places a stationary cross that slightly reduces vampire movespeed,damage, and will prevent vampiric regeneration/feeding for X duration.

These are my ideas thus far and developer feedback would be appreciated.

i dont like the abilities, water gun wouldnt work againts rahabim, pray shouldnt work at all against LoK vamps, priest idea isnt bad though
    signature image

Yeah, the religious stuff doesn't apply in LoK. Nosgothic vampires have never had a weakness to that sort of thing, and since there's no Christianity in Nosgoth, the cross wouldn't make sense. I do kind of like the idea of an ability that screws up someone's controls temporarily, though.

The water thing (not holy water, but regular old water) could maybe work, since that is a weakness. Whether or not a Rahabim class would be vulnerable to that sort of thing is a little up in the air right now, as we don't yet know if they've evolved their immunity to it at this time period. If they did put that in the game somewhere, I'd be more supportive of it being an ability of something thrown, rather than a gun. I can't think of a way to present a squirt gun weapon which doesn't seem silly, regardless of practicality.

They have given the name for the next human class, the Prophet, but I think the name is all we know right now. It does sound like some kind of priest or spellcaster.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last