Page 9 of 9 First First ... 56789

Thread: New classes

New classes

  1. #201
    Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    I always figured the doll maker was just a pawn of Mobius, tasked to take possession of the girl's soul and keep possession of it no matter what (knowing Kain would slay the doll maker and take possession of the soul in order to get his army in the plot to kill William in the past).
    That's not a bad idea really, but then that's the good thing about the class idea. So little is known about Elzevir, no real back story no real lore, that it leaves the idea of a class based off of his power set open to any changes or modifications that the Nosgoth team would care to make. The idea of the Dollmakers is a blank slate that I just happen to have doodled what I would like to see i nthe margins.

    More than anything, it seems odd to me that a world that is so steeped in magic, to the point that the Sarafan priesthood were basically an army of paladins and sorcerers, that there is only one class in the game that doesn't use basically conventional weapons. (Alchemy is just chemistry by another name, after all, and whatever the Vanguard is doing when he uses Judgement seems like less a magic spell and more a ground slam.) I guess I just find it hard to believe that the sisterhood of Prophets is all that remains of true magic practitioners in the human race.

  2. #202
    I dunno about a lightning mage, but there were fire mages in Blood Omen 1 ( http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/Black_fire_mages )

    Also, Holy mages at SR2: http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/S...or_sorceresses
    And LoK-Defiance: http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/Sarafan_inquisitors


    So it's possible for a mage class...So far we got "fire" and "holy" as the types of cast from the humans.
    Last edited by ParadoxicalOmen; 15th Apr 2015 at 22:07.

  3. #203
    Originally Posted by AnomalyXIII
    The cult wouldn;t be based around him, but actually based around worship of the Elder God, the hub of the wheel.
    The Elder God eats souls as they spin with the wheel (of which he is not the hub, IMO). The Dollmaker traps souls in captive limbo, preventing them from spinning with the wheel. These are two immediately conflicting elements.

    There were many mage types in Blood Omen and SR2 though so the possibilities are there.
    Last edited by Ygdrasel; 15th Apr 2015 at 23:26.

  4. #204
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    The Elder God eats souls as they spin with the wheel (of which he is not the hub, IMO). The Dollmaker traps souls in captive limbo, preventing them from spinning with the wheel. These are two immediately conflicting elements.

    There were many mage types in Blood Omen and SR2 though so the possibilities are there.
    Hence the Dollmaker's spending souls as resources and sending more souls to the Elder God in the process. Think of it like borrowing money. You always end up having to pay it back with interest, no matter what you do with it, and that's how the lender makes money.

    But I do agree there were many other mage types. Mainly I just think the Prophet shouldn;t be the only 'magic' class human side.

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2

    Idea for an eventual new human class

    I long for a wizard human class, an archmage of elemental powers.

    Imagine a robed figure striding the battlefield, staff in one hand firing powerful blasts of energy, slowly weaving arcane symbols with his other hand, a deafening roar as a cone of flame erupts briefly from his staff scorching those vampires foolish enough to approach in range. He sees a Summoner in the distance, begins muttering an incantion with palm outstretched and a bolt of lighting crashes from the sky. Fearing for his safety, he hurries to join his allies and quickly carves a lightning blue symbol in the air, his allies, now hasted, make their way to an armament station.

    I was thinking a dedicated spell casting class could be a fun introduction, sure we have the prophet but they are savagely combat orientated. The Wizard could have a staff as the default weapon which fires slowly but powerfully and accurately (or even very, very weak shots but super rapid RoF), with variations on this theme. Primary abilities could include a chain lighting, or other dps spells, think damage equivalent of whip or light bomb. Alternatively the primary slot could be used for various aoe buffs for the team such as a brief haste or even a damage buff, the wizard could even summon a familiar to look through it's eyes and select a target for this familiar to attack. Secondary abilities could include a large aoe damage spell, a large aoe stun/stagger, a very powerful single target strike and perhaps an artillery spell or summoning spell.

    All this on the theme of elemental spells. So this is my idea for a wizard class, pointy hat, beard, and all. I would really love to see a dedicated spell caster on the human side. Not sure how this could fit into the lore but man this would just make the game for me.

  6. #206
    You're definitely not alone in this. This is a human class that lots of people have been suggesting for a while now. Maybe we'll get one as the next human class, but if speculation can be believed, we may be getting a sort of druid next. I would love to see a spellcaster representing DeJoule though.

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    169
    Originally Posted by Gugulug5000
    You're definitely not alone in this. This is a human class that lots of people have been suggesting for a while now. Maybe we'll get one as the next human class, but if speculation can be believed, we may be getting a sort of druid next. I would love to see a spellcaster representing DeJoule though.
    The druid theme doesn't excite me as much as an arcane executioner of leeches. I believe we can expect to see a mage class within the future.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2
    Originally Posted by Cody_The_Wiser
    The druid theme doesn't excite me as much as an arcane executioner of leeches. I believe we can expect to see a mage class within the future.
    Right?! Druid's are neat and all but a master of the Arcane arts is more exciting.

  9. #209
    Originally Posted by Sygz01
    Right?! Druid's are neat and all but a master of the Arcane arts is more exciting.
    Just about every game ever has a generic fire-tossing mage class. How is that more exciting?

  10. #210
    Arcane just means mysterious or unusual etc. Pretty much any magic could be 'arcane'.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

  11. #211
    Originally Posted by Vampmaster
    Arcane just means mysterious or unusual etc. Pretty much any magic could be 'arcane'.
    Right, we already have two 'arcane' classes in that broad sense. The OP's issue with the Prophet is that it's "combat orientated"...In a purely combative game. Poorly worded. The issue is the gunslinger aspect. There is absolutely room for a purely magic class but the typical fire/lightning staff wielder...Eh. Something in a druid is at least less ubiquitous.

    Wait a second. Pointy hat, beard...Is the OP suggesting Merlin exist in Nosgoth?

  12. #212
    Originally Posted by Ygdrasel
    Right, we already have two 'arcane' classes in that broad sense. The OP's issue with the Prophet is that it's "combat orientated"...In a purely combative game. Poorly worded. The issue is the gunslinger aspect. There is absolutely room for a purely magic class but the typical fire/lightning staff wielder...Eh.

    Wait a second. Pointy hat, beard...Is the OP suggesting Merlin exist in Nosgoth?
    I wasn't arguing against another magic user class. In fact it's something I'd like to have included. All I was saying was that 'arcane' is not implicit of any specific branch of magic or associated culture, so the word doesn't really provide any background or design inspiration to the character.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Page 9 of 9 First First ... 56789

Tags for this Thread