Page 2 of 9 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: New classes

New classes

The idea behind the class sounds cool, but I'm sure it'd need tweaks.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

It sounds like the same as alchemist with water instead of fire. It would be easier just to have it as a new weapon for those. Water should be included through. The Rahabim needn't have evolved full immunity yet.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

the final class

I am doing this on my phone since I am on break at work so I will go into further detail a little later today. For now here is what I am thinking, with the induction of the prophet the only role left empty will be the shotgun class. A blunder buss feels appropriate but it shouldn't be another gun powder weapon. How about instead of gun powder, we use steam? That's right, steam. Before anyone goes calling it crazy, look up the steam cannon from ancient Greece. While at it, look at S R 1 and you will see infrastructure that is reminiscent of an early industrial age.

Meh, I'd rather they come up with something different than just another type of gun. Also, alchemist w/ multi-cannon is already a shotgun-style loadout.

I've said this plenty of times .... but I would rather the next human class be focused on defensive melee (e.g. blocks & counters.) It would be tricky to balance but could provide some interesting variety in the meta, and sticking to the "humans shouldn't have melee because the game is ranged vs. melee" argument seems silly given that vampires do have some ranged skills.

Finally, a fifth human class won't necessarily be the final one. SR lore has 6 vampire clans and a developer has mentioned that we can "hope" to see them all (without any hard confirmation, of course.)

I meant final for beta, and I'd rather they gave all the humans a more dynamic melee instead of the current melee where you are just clubbing the vamps to death like a savage.

Originally Posted by GenFeelGood
    I meant final for beta, and I'd rather they gave all the humans a more dynamic melee instead of the current melee where you are just clubbing the vamps to death like a savage.
    Giving every human more powerful melee would ruin the asymmetric ranged vs. melee gameplay they're shooting for. Giving one human class these abilities at the expense of ranged weapons/skills arguably would not.

Ever since I started playing this game I've had thoughts of one human class being like a knight/warrior, using a sword for melee combat, while a vampire class would focus only on ranged combat.

It's still possible that this will be added, I suppose? But it'd be rather problematic to balance the already fickle factions with these additions. While fun, I'm not counting on it.

I hope it doesn't... the whole point is that it's asymmetrical, thus being 2 games in one. That would ruin the whole experience.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image

Originally Posted by PencileyePirate
    Giving every human more powerful melee would ruin the asymmetric ranged vs. melee gameplay they're shooting for. Giving one human class these abilities at the expense of ranged weapons/skills arguably would not.
    I was thinking a more fluid melee with an attack chain. Maybe it would need to have a faster attack rate as a result of this, but it doesn't need to be stronger.

Originally Posted by Diexna
    Ever since I started playing this game I've had thoughts of one human class being like a knight/warrior, using a sword for melee combat, while a vampire class would focus only on ranged combat.

It's still possible that this will be added, I suppose? But it'd be rather problematic to balance the already fickle factions with these additions. While fun, I'm not counting on it.
    The devs were thinking the same thing, check out the human in the middle of the picture slamming the reaver in the face with a shield. THAT is the human class I want, from this concept art it looks like the devs had a similar thought.

My nosgoth referral link: http://bit.ly/1JPbc9B
    signature image

Originally Posted by Khalith
    The devs were thinking the same thing, check out the human in the middle of the picture slamming the reaver in the face with a shield. THAT is the human class I want, from this concept art it looks like the devs had a similar thought.

I won't lie, when first looking at what Dead Sun Material was out there, I kinda hoped one of these might make it to the game.

I don't really see it happening though. The devs have been pretty consistent and adamant about humans staying strictly range. So until that changes (if it ever does), from where I am sitting the last class can either be a tank style shotgun class, a damage style magic class, or something completely different.

I don't really see it happening though. The devs have been pretty consistent and adamant about humans staying strictly range. So until that changes (if it ever does), from where I am sitting the last class can either be a tank style shotgun class, a damage style magic class, or something completely different.
    It's a matter of figuring out what the game lacks as far as roles go. To break it down to the most basic set up, vamps have a "tank," a soldier, a flyer, and a rogue while humans have medium assault, sniper, demo with the option, and soon a support/light assault-ish hybrid. In my opinion for what each side needs, vamps should get a skirmisher/scout style class with very high speed and lower hp meant strictly for harrying/chipping away at the enemy which I think should be the Rahabim, I've posted my ideas for this setup in another thread and won't rehash it here.

For humans though, one thing I recall from the game is a lot of the magic powers machines and ancient devices, so rather than a magical dps class, I am thinking a magic engineer type would be a great addition to the human side. Setting up alarms, turrets, beacons, magical walls over door ways, etc. The technology powered by magic is pretty commonplace in a lot of the games, I'd love to see nosgoth explore it more in their own way.

Another thought, looking at that concept art again, even if they don't implement that class I'd love to know what they might have had in mind for it at the time, I've always had an interest in seeing what content gets cut from games for whatever reason.
    signature image

In my opinion for what each side needs, vamps should get a skirmisher/scout style class with very high speed and lower hp meant strictly for harrying/chipping away at the enemy which I think should be the Rahabim, I've posted my ideas for this setup in another thread and won't rehash it here.
    Pardon me for saying, but doesn't that actually describe the Razielim?

Pardon me for saying, but doesn't that actually describe the Razielim?
    Not exactly, I've always seen the sentinel as an offensive air support, not so much a scout/skirmisher, granted you can use echolocation but I happen to think that's the worst ability in that slot right now. I'm thinking something along the lines of a ground based class that can sprint and climb faster than any other class, trading off HP for speed, tougher to hit with regular shots but very vulnerable to AoE and splash damage which all the human classes have in abundance. In the sentinel it's speed and mobility (flight) isn't much of a defense against good scouts and hunters.
    Last edited by Khalith; 18th May 2014 at 15:01.
    signature image

I'm not sure which one of them is a human...
    "Katsu!"

Originally Posted by Jimwtfh
    I'm not sure which one of them is a human...
    Bottom left is an alchemist blasting a vamp with fire, right is a tyrant grabbing a human, top is a sentinel grabbing a human, middle is a human bashing a reaver in the face with a shield.
    signature image

Bottom left is an alchemist blasting a vamp with fire, right is a tyrant grabbing a human, top is a sentinel grabbing a human, middle is a human bashing a reaver in the face with a shield.
    Yeah, I can figure out alchy, reaver, tyrant and sent. Obviously, tyrant and sent are ripping humans apart (can't tell which classes are them). I meant, I can't figure out the last pair - in the back of the picture. That huge person with something looking like a sword and smth. looking like a shield - I'm not sure if he is a human or a vampire, the same goes for his victim. The guy with shield actually looks more like a tyrant to me. And the guy he is bashing - I think he looks like the other two humans.
    "Katsu!"

I'm not sure if he is a human or a vampire
    It´s a human bashing a Reaver.

Originally Posted by Jimwtfh
    The guy with shield actually looks more like a tyrant to me. And the guy he is bashing - I think he looks like the other two humans.
    I think it's a human bashing a reaver as there is already a tyrant in the picture using his bare hands, why use a weapon? If you look at his victim, I look at his hands, in my opinion they look like reaver gauntlets.
    signature image

Yep, those are definitely Reaver claws on there.

Originally Posted by RainaAudron
    Yep, those are definitely Reaver claws on there.
    Hmm, idk, if you look closer at the human sentinel is carrying his hands also look like reaver's claws... And I'm not saying the guy with a shield is a tyrant, he just has a constitution of a tyrant and he is very huge for a human. Also the guy who he's bashing got some kind of skirt around his hips... But yea, actually looking a bit closer he looks more like a reaver. Still not sure about this, though. But I guess if, Raina, you say so, this ought to be correct
    "Katsu!"

Thats actually an awesome idea: Armored vampire with sword and shield.

Originally Posted by TheMalgot
    Thats actually an awesome idea: Armored vampire with sword and shield.
    Should have been the Reaver. I'd like them to have a custom move (that way they're not throwing away the existing anims) where they draw a weapon and go berserk with it, but psyonix would never do that even if it fits with the lore and even though they could get around the switching from the stowed attach point to hands by using the same floaty thing that Kain and Raziel both used to pick up weapons in previous games.
    "If events are matched closely enough to course, they have a way of restructuring themselves to familiar outcomes." ~ Scorpius, Farscape

Javelin + Shield user, doesn't break the ranged vs melee mechanic, but does add potential for interesting close range shield based abilities.

Originally Posted by Calverp
    Javelin + Shield user, doesn't break the ranged vs melee mechanic, but does add potential for interesting close range shield based abilities.
    What about a shield

and this

should fit this the concept art for the shield basher

Last edited by GenFeelGood; 20th May 2014 at 18:43.

Page 2 of 9 First First 123456 ... Last