Thread: (Random) game crashes

(Random) game crashes

(Random) game crashes

Hello everyone

I have read through the forums a bit, but i didn't quite seem to find any solution to my problem. I bought Thief 2 days ago. I installed it and I played for a bit. Suddenly, the game crashed to my desktop with the message 'Thief has stopped working'.

Every time I start the game, I can play for a while, knowing the game will crash at a random point. I've tried to check when exactly it crashes, but I can't pinpoint it to any time interval or any specific location in the game. It seems to be random. It happened in chapter 1, it happened in chapter 2. Sometimes I can play for half an hour, sometimes it happens after 5 minutes.

I have verified the game cache in Steam twice, and they were verified correctly twice. I have also tried to lower the graphics to their lowest settings even though i should be able to play the game on medium or high easily. I've downloaded the latest nVidia drivers the very same day when i bought the game. I've also checked if it's an overheating issue, but all temperatures are normal while playing the game. Nothing on my machine is overclocked as far as i know. I have no known issues with any other games.

My system specs:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3820
    RAM: Corsair 8 GB DDR3-1600
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 (335.23 Game-Ready driver)

My log file (from My Documents):

Thanks for reading, I hope someone can help me with this.

My game crashes all the time too. On nVidia card.