View Poll Results: What is your favourite Thief mission?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bank Heist

14 48.28%
  • Ector's quests

10 34.48%
  • Vittori's quests

7 24.14%
  • Training

0 0%
  • Chapter I

4 13.79%
  • Chapter II

1 3.45%
  • Chapter III (part 1)

6 20.69%
  • Chapter III (part 2)

5 17.24%
  • Chapter IV (part 1)

3 10.34%
  • Chapter IV (part 2)

0 0%
  • Chapter V

10 34.48%
  • Chapter VI (part 1)

12 41.38%
  • Chapter VI (part 2)

1 3.45%
  • Chapter VII

4 13.79%
  • Chapter VIII

2 6.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: My favourite Thief mission is...

My favourite Thief mission is...

My favourite Thief mission is...

What are your favourite Thief missions? Please, vote. I added Bank Heist to the poll.

I've decided to divide some chapters, because their parts provide completely different experience.

My ranking:

1. Side quests for Ector
    2. Side quests for Vittori
    3. Chapter 3: Dirty Secrets
    4. Chapter 5: The Forsaken
    5. Chapter 6: A Man Apart (part 1, before the meeting with Baron)
    6. Bank Heist
    7. Capter 1: Lockdown
    8. Chapter 4: A Friend in Need (part 1, before the escape sequence)
    9. Chapter 2: Dust to Dust
    10. Chapter 6: A Man Apart (part 2, after the meeting with Baron)
    11. Chapter 7: The Hidden City
    12. Chapter 4: A Friend in Need (part 2, after the escape sequence)
    13. Chapter 8: The Dawn's Light

As you can see, I really do hate those forced escape sequences in some missions.
    Try my Thief 2 fan mission Old Comrades, Old Debts.
    signature image

Dirty Secrets and The Forsaken

Dirty Secrets has been my favourite so far. I liked that one of the towers was pretty much an identical copy of the room at the beginning of the tutorial mission for TDP. Made me feel kinda sad, to see such an iconic and nostalgic moment in the franchise lying in ruin and abandonment. And no, I am not missing the irony... :p (that isn't my personal opinion, though.)

Originally Posted by knox140
    Dirty Secrets has been my favourite so far. I liked that one of the towers was pretty much an identical copy of the room at the beginning of the tutorial mission for TDP. Made me feel kinda sad, to see such an iconic and nostalgic moment in the franchise lying in ruin and abandonment. And no, I am not missing the irony... (that isn't my personal opinion, though.)
    Did you post that on the easter egg thread? Wouldn't have minded seeing a picture of it.

I'll replay the mission tomorrow and post a screenshot to the forum.

Chapter 8 looks like the best mission in the entire game.

Bank Heist feels more like a Thief mission than all the rest.

Dirty Secrets was pretty good. but i will wait until after i finish the game to vote.

I'll wait until I finish the game, of course. But I can tell you it won't be the second half of Chapter Four.

Could be the first half of Chapter Four, though. I was really enjoying that.

Originally Posted by Nacht7
    Bank Heist feels more like a Thief mission than all the rest.
    Yes, I love that one... my only problem with it is that there are not enough guards.

Originally Posted by GimmeDaGun
    Yes, I love that one... my only problem with it is that there are not enough guards.
    And... it's too short. It's a DLC so I was expecting some level close to First City Bank & Trust in terms of the size. Silly me...
    signature image

Originally Posted by Bukary
    And... it's too short. It's a DLC so I was expecting some level close to First City Bank & Trust in terms of the size. Silly me...
    It's a dlc mission, so I wasn't expecting a much bigger map, but I expected it to be more difficult and somewhat busier.

Originally Posted by GimmeDaGun
    It's a dlc mission, so I wasn't expecting a much bigger map, but I expected it to be more difficult and somewhat busier.
    The security cams look disappointing (very small FOV, hardly any side to side movement, unchallenging placement). The karras faces from TMA were wayyyyyyyyyy better.

Originally Posted by Spades
    The karras faces from TMA were wayyyyyyyyyy better.
    That's right. And there was also one more thing that made First City Bank & Trust from TMA such a tense level: miles of tile floor!

Tile in new Thief... makes no difference. You can run on tile and the guard at the entrance does not give a f***.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Bukary
    That's right. And there was also one more thing that made First City Bank & Trust from TMA such a tense level: miles of tile floor!

Tile in new Thief... makes no difference. You can run on tile and the guard at the entrance does not give a f***.
    Welp, Garrett finally bought some better shoes!

What a surprise, no one really likes the escape sequences and found more enjoyment in the parts where you actually get to do some stealthing and thieving.

It's a toss up between Dirty Secrets(both parts) and The Forsaken. I enjoyed the atmosphere of both, but had a fondness for the level design of Dirty Secrets. Going from the brothel to the abandoned Keeper Library wasn't too shoddy of a transition, and I admit that I'm a sucker for being able to take it easy and just sneak through a level at my own pace while gathering bits of lore. The Forsaken wasn't the best horror level I've experienced in a game, but it handled that element rather well on top of giving the player interesting options for loot and exploration.

Like most people, the chase sequences got to me after a while and I stopped looking forward to the story missions if I had an inkling there'd be some over the top action sequences involved. I like to take my time with stealth games to explore and observe, so being rushed through them is off putting.

I also really enjoy playing the client jobs, as well as Basso's. They're small but still fun to go through.

Originally Posted by Buccura
    What a surprise, no one really likes the escape sequences and found more enjoyment in the parts where you actually get to do some stealthing and thieving.
    Hopefully Eidos Montreal is noticing that, then.
    Everything in this game is full of potential, but it seems that when they take one step forward by introducing great mechanics, they inevitably shoot themselves in the foot and take several steps back by introducing some kind of tired modern day trope.

I'm now well into the first half of Chapter Six and I can see why it's gotten so many votes. It may get mine as well, once I finish the game.

Just finished the game. Chapter Six part one gets my vote. The Vittori missions for runner-up.

Asylum was so crazy , like more scary than RE5 and 6 combined. Scared the crap out of me , really good. That's how horror games should feel like

Just finished A Man Apart and came here to tell you how awesome it is! It's a great mission. Big mansion to explore - two floors plus basement and attic and many, many rooms. Lots of traps, hidden passages. Not to mention the nice garden you have to cross before you get into the manor. It's very impressive level. I like it a lot.

I love the design of the manor. I want to live in it. I like the polished wood textures on walls and ceiling. The parquet on the floor. The huge bedrooms with massive beds in them. I spent a few minutes to enjoy the windows at the staircase - very narrow and castle-like. Also I liked the windows in the bedrooms. I loved how the texture on the glass match the shadow on the floor it drops. Very nice touch. Wonderful chandeliers made from antlers. Great collection of animals on the walls. I love fireplaces. I liked that some of them had fire burning and the others had only embers. I spent a few minutes looking at the light dancing on the embers. Gave me a magic feeling of comfort. I enjoyed the many ways you can go around the guards. At some point I dropped in a room from a vent and couldn't climb back. The door was guarded by 2 men and there were candles in front of it so I couldn't get out. I had to think hard how to get out of this situation. I liked the meat in the cellar. Nice 3rd person views during the tower climbing. I liked so many things that I can't recall them all now.

It is good that there were not so many guards so that I could explore and enjoy the manor for longer.

I explored carefully what I thought to be "everything" but at the end I got only 67% of the loot. This means that I have missed 1/3 of the manor. Wow. I will replay this mission for certain.

The part with the burning bridge was good. I liked the calm moments where I had time to stop and catch my breath and look at the distant city. Very beautiful picture. However I didn't like the rush when I had to move quickly to avoid dying and collect loot at the same time. But I guess this is how people trapped in burning buildings feel so it's not that bad.

Overall best level so far. It comes nicely after the terrors we had in the Asylum. And there is a great contrast between this rich place and the poor homes of the citizens in The City.

A Man Apart was the only mission where it actually felt truly huge and non-linear for me. Once you're in the house, you're pretty much free to explore the building in whatever way you want. When I opened my map and saw the layout, especially considering this is only one floor out of 4 (excluding the gardens), I was so happy...

(click image to enlarge)

EDIT: Still haven't played the Bank Heist yet, it might be similar. I hope so.

Bank heist I'd say. I wish they would make main missions like side ones, just bigger - non linear, pure stealth experience without anything interrupting. It would make this game much better.

The moira asylum mission! I played it with my headphones on and it was just really creapy!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last