Thread: Thief Newspapers 17/19

Thief Newspapers 17/19

Thief Newspapers 17/19

In game menu shows 19 newspapers.

I found only 17

01. The Benefits of Strict Curfew - Chapter 1: Lockdown
    02. Clock Tower Stops Again!- Chapter 1: Lockdown and duplicate in The City - Stonemarket - Blackfurrow
    03. Who Watches the Watch Hounds? - Chapter 1: Lockdown and duplicate in The City - Stonemarket - Sick Willy’s Town House
    04. Lockdown! - Chapter 1: Lockdown and duplicate in The City - Stonemarket - Watch Council Office
    05. Star Of Auldale Necklace - Under Bank Protection - is part of the Bank Heist DLC and may found in Clock Tower after Chapter 1.
    06. Treason! - The City - Stonemarket - The Crippled Burrick
    07. Northcrest Unbowed! - The City - Stonemarket - The Crippled Burrick
    08. No Old Gods for the New City! - The City - Stonemarket - Chapel
    09. Break-In! - The City - Baron’s Way South (Stonemarket)
    10. Beware of Over-Active Imaginations! - The City - South Quarter - Poet’s Abode (may only be available between Chapter 2 and Chapter 3)
    11. The New Watch Laws and You! - The City - South Quarter - Skinmarket
    12. Literary Greatness Lost - The City - South Quarter - Old Postmaster’s House
    13. Carnival Boat High and Dry! - The City - South Quarter - Fish-Hawker’s Market
    14. Turn Not to Protest! - The City - Baron’s Way South (Stonemarket)
    15. Charlatan Remidies! - The City - South Quarter - Siren’s Rest - After Chapter 3.
    16. Fires of Revolution! - The City - South Quarter - Siren’s Rest - After Chapter 4.
    17. Riots In Dayport! - The City - South Quarter - Near Illyrian Traders - After Chapter 4.

18. Blackhands Of Riverside! - ?!
    19. Manhunt! - ?!

Anybody found last 2 newspapers?

I haven't checked if I've personally found them all... I doubt I do... but the Prima Guide comes in handy here. The guide only lists 17. Maybe it's a bug to say "19"? They don't have the #18 and #19 you asked about listed in the guide.

Here's the list of Newspapers according to Prima eGuide. I've matched the list up against yours, and I think you have them all. The asterisked (*) ones are marked as duplicates in the guide; I've made them a slightly different yellow color for easier viewing. You can see they say there are, essentially, 13 unique newspapers + 4 duplicates, totaling 17 newspapers...

---
    Yeah they were all yellow...

No you are wrong. Without duplicate newspapers i have 17 newspapers. I mark duplicate newspapers in my post. Prima eGuide is not fully complete and correct. And # 5, 15, 16 and 17 are not in Prima eGuide

Ahh, I don't know then. I guess I just skimmed your list, sorry. It's between you, Eidos Montreal and Prima. I just thought I'd let you know what Prima shows. Good luck. I'm out ~

Originally Posted by Samum2000
    In game menu shows 19 newspapers.

I found only 17

01. The Benefits of Strict Curfew - Chapter 1: Lockdown
    02. Clock Tower Stops Again!- Chapter 1: Lockdown and duplicate in The City - Stonemarket - Blackfurrow
    03. Who Watches the Watch Hounds? - Chapter 1: Lockdown and duplicate in The City - Stonemarket - Sick Willy’s Town House
    04. Lockdown! - Chapter 1: Lockdown and duplicate in The City - Stonemarket - Watch Council Office
    05. Star Of Auldale Necklace - Under Bank Protection - is part of the Bank Heist DLC and may found in Clock Tower after Chapter 1.
    06. Treason! - The City - Stonemarket - The Crippled Burrick
    07. Northcrest Unbowed! - The City - Stonemarket - The Crippled Burrick
    08. No Old Gods for the New City! - The City - Stonemarket - Chapel
    09. Break-In! - The City - Baron’s Way South (Stonemarket)
    10. Beware of Over-Active Imaginations! - The City - South Quarter - Poet’s Abode (may only be available between Chapter 2 and Chapter 3)
    11. The New Watch Laws and You! - The City - South Quarter - Skinmarket
    13. Carnival Boat High and Dry! - The City - South Quarter - Fish-Hawker’s Market
    14. Turn Not to Protest! - The City - Baron’s Way South (Stonemarket)
    15. Charlatan Remidies! - The City - South Quarter - Siren’s Rest - After Chapter 3.
    16. Fires of Revolution! - The City - South Quarter - Siren’s Rest - After Chapter 4.
    17. Riots In Dayport! - The City - South Quarter - Near Illyrian Traders - After Chapter 4.

18. Blackhands Of Riverside! - ?!
    19. Manhunt! - ?!

Anybody found last 2 newspapers?
    I've found 1 of the 2 you are missing (Blackhands of Riverside). After you finish chapter 3 it is located in South Quarter/Riverside in the Eel Biter's Squat. I can't seem to find the last missing 1 (Manhunt). Whish some one would help and put me out my misery.

HELP ! Thief Newspapers 18/19

I have collected everything (all loot - all collectibles - all documents) in the game. The only thing that I could not find is 1 newspaper (MANHUNT 7.06 NRy 842). I've played through the game 3 times, but can't seem to find it
    I know that some newspapers only appear after events and/or after chapters. It's driving me bonkers.
    Is there anyone out there who has found it and if so where is it located ?
    PLEASE HELP ME !

I'll ask Sacha, our Community Manager, if there is an official map/list that displays each newspaper's whereabouts. Stay tuned.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

HI THERE I CAN HELP U OUT WITH THE LAST NEWSPAPER MANHUNT ITS LOCATED NEAR CHAPTER 3 START WHERE THE 3 ITEMS ARE INSIDE ITS ON THE BARREL BUT U WONT GET IT UNTIL AFTER CHAPTER 4 plus there are 19/19 papers

Cheers for this helpful information... I'm sure it will make a lot of taffers very happy.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

THANKS

Thanks to both of you (J4M3SXX1 & Viktoria) for your help. I will check that out on another playthrough.
    But I've just noticed that I am missing 10 documents.
    Even when I get the MANHUNT newspaper that would only give me a total of 205 documents. The game states 205/215.
    Is this the game developer's issue or am I missing something ?
    Would appreciate some help again before I start next playthrough.

I've got 13/19 Newspapers and after reading these coment so know where them i missed should be, but i can't find'em there should be two at the Siren's Rest but when i go yo there they aren't there. Do that mean that with some of the newspapers i only have one chance to get? I have finished the game.

I need...
    Stars of Auldale Necklace. I'll get that in the DLC.
    Charlatan Remedies.
    Blackhands of Riverside.
    Manhunt.
    Riots in dayport.
    Fires of Revelution.

Please help me. (Begging on my knees) xD

This newspaper is not on the desk that it is supposed to appear on:

Looking at the desk right now. Finished Chapter 4.

01. The Benefits of Strict Curfew – Chapter 1 or Basso’s mission Medical Mystery
    02. Clock Tower Stops Again! – Chapter 1 (dup in city – Stonemarket-Blackfurrow in house where lady talks about hiding her mom’s ring outside
    03. Who Watches the Watch Hounds? – Chapter 1 (dup: City-Stonemarket-Sick Willy’s Town house
    04. Lockdown! – City-Stonemarket-Watch Councils Office after Chapter 1
    05. Star of Auldale Necklace – in Clock Tower after Chapter 1 (Only after you get the DLC)
    06. Treason! – The Cripple Burrick after Chapter 1 near Basso
    07. Northcrest Unbowed! – The Cripple Burrick after Chapter 1 in the bar
    08. No Old Gods for the New City! – the Chapel after Chapter 1
    09. Break-In! – after Chapter 2 Stonemarket-Baron’s Way South in taxidermist house
    10. Beware of Over-Active Imaginations! –after Chapter 2 South Quarter – Poet’s Abode (Basso job The Disappearing Poet)
    11. The New Watch Laws and You! – after Chapter 2 South Quarter-Skinmarket (or Basso Job Fit for a Queen after Ch. 4)
    12. Literary Greatness Lost – after Chapter 2 South Quarter-Old Postmaster’s House (2nd floor) near the fish market
    13. Carnival Boat High and Dry! – after Chapter 2 South Quarter-Fish Hawker’s Market – in secret room behind 2 dogs
    14. Turn Not to Protest! – after Chapter 3 South Quarter-Raker’s Ditch in the fence’s house (in the top house you need long rope for, on the way to Ector's job Silence is Golden).
    15.Charlatan Remidies! – after Chapter 3 The Siren’s Rest upstairs near Vitorri (note: this disappears after Ch 4!)
    16. Blackhands of Riverside! – after Chapter 3 South Quarter-Glimmer Lane in Eel Biter’s Squat (entrance is the mattress on ground in Glimmer Lane) (or during Basso's job Poor Protection after Ch 4)
    17. Riots In Dayport! – after Chapter 4 South Quarter-near Illyrian Traders (from the start of South Quarter, go to end of Glimmer Lane to the railing, go left onto the roof. You are now on top of Illyrian Traders. Paper is on bench down on the other side.
    18. Fires of Revolution! – after Chapter 4 South Quarter-Siren’s Rest – behind the bar
    19. Manhunt! – After Chapter 4 when at red light area near Chapter 3 start, go all the way down to river, then go left up the stairs to locked door. It is a 4-combo lock. Paper is on barrel in back