Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Finished - Now What (spoiler)

Finished - Now What (spoiler)

Finished - Now What (spoiler)

Okay, so I finished the game story line. Sucked that Erin slipped away again but somewhat fitting, full circle and all that.

Question is - now what ? Basso won't give me any more jobs but I need about 130k to finish buying all the tools and bonuses the merchants offer. How does a Master Thief earn cash when he's "picked the city clean" ?

If I click on Start A New Game, will that erase all my money and tools I've bought so far ?

yep... but you can replay missions and client jobs.

EDIT: good luck raising 130k though... hope you've got a few decades spare :p

Ah, so if I go to the "gates" of "A Friend In Need" or Dust to Dust", I can get in and do them and get all that loot again ? I missed one collectible in the House of Blossoms, too.

Yup. you can do the same for the client jobs, but not the Basso missions.

If you get ALL Collectables, you are given 30,000 in gold.

You can replay Heartbroken mission like I did. It takes 3 min and 5 seconds to loot all items in a speed run. There are no guards in the place so you are free to run and move the way you want. As a reward you get 261 gold for every run. I got 28k gold for about 100 runs. Don't forget to sell food and poppies to the merchant every 5 runs and to collect them again in the mission.

I think the chapter with the most loot is A Man Apart - 1700 gold each run but it takes about an hour of time and it's not so easy - especially the second half of the mission. 1700 gold is about 6 runs of Heartbroken each 3 minutes for total of 20 minutes.

Originally Posted by HotSaab
    If you get ALL Collectables, you are given 30,000 in gold.
    Wow, really...? I've been wasting my time grinding missions to get the cache dispenser trophy

Thanks for the tips, I got my 30k after I found the collectible I missed in the House of Blossoms. I had to visit the merchant by the Burrick to see it though, it was a welcome sight lol.

I was wrong about the 130k though, I only needed 80k and after that bonus, I'm down to needing around 38k is all. It's gonna suck doing Heartbroken so many times but I'm also going to sell off all my old crap like blast arrows, flash bombs, etc. The stuff I'll never use. With any luck, I'll get it down to maybe 50 runs lol.

Why do you want to buy all the upgrades, if you don't mind me asking?

Honestly, not sure. Just kind of wrapping things up in the game, doing whatever I can do keep playing lol.

Originally Posted by knox140
    Wow, really...? I've been wasting my time grinding missions to get the cache dispenser trophy
    Not a fun game to keep playing, is it? I just completed all the Basso, Vittori and Ector client jobs (spending a number of hours the past few days) and that was incredibly painful, to say the least. I looked up probably ten to fifteen YouTube videos to see how to get to the rooms the jobs were in. My idea of fun gameplay is not city hub fluff, where Vittori and Ector sends you from one end of the map to the other and back again with honey-do lists. Talk about game padding. And Ysabella? Give me a break. Between Xiao Xiao and Ysabella, I feel deprived of the female form and will be going out later with the sole purpose to see women.

Now I have no doubts that I don't ever want to play through this game again. I can't take any more cramped levels/streets/rooms, contrived navigation puzzles, restrictive movement, repetitive dialogue, hand animations, head bobs, and floor creaking like I'm on a 17th Century merchant galleon the whole time, etc.

I feel like I want DLC created that will let me (Garrett) donate my time to giving the citizens of The City fresh, hot coffee, tasty sloop (since I found the recipe), warm blankets and toothbrushes. I will also clean and freshen up the river so it no longer smells. So tired of their complaining all the time Time for Garrett to give back to the community, since he no longer needs to steal to survive.

I did my first play through as a ghost i.e. nobody saw me, I didn't hurt anyone or myself, and I kept suspicions raised to a minimum even if it meant leaving some of the loot behind. Now I'm playing through as a cleaner i.e. nobody will see me; however, I'm knocking out or if the objectives require it killing everyone I can, not caring about suspicions raised, and with everyone knocked out or dead I'm free to search for all the loot.

I'm actually finding the second play through more enjoyable because now I know the routes through the city and a better idea of detection limitations which allow me to make better plans.

Originally Posted by Rockn-Roll
    I'm actually finding the second play through more enjoyable because now I know the routes through the city and a better idea of detection limitations which allow me to make better plans.
    I'm soooooo jealous.
    I want to play again but have to wait for my bf to finish his first playthrough.
    Good job I love him.

Like you... I'm looking forward to playing in a completely different way.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Originally Posted by DarknessFalls
    And Ysabella? Give me a break. Between Xiao Xiao and Ysabella, I feel deprived of the female form and will be going out later with the sole purpose to see women.
    I hated this too. No lovable women in this game. Erin though beautiful is antipathetic and I don't like her at all. I loved Marla from TDS.

Not a fun game to keep playing, is it? I just completed all the Basso, Vittori and Ector client jobs (spending a number of hours the past few days) and that was incredibly painful, to say the least. I looked up probably ten to fifteen YouTube videos to see how to get to the rooms the jobs were in. My idea of fun gameplay is not city hub fluff, where Vittori and Ector sends you from one end of the map to the other and back again with honey-do lists. Talk about game padding. And Ysabella? Give me a break. Between Xiao Xiao and Ysabella, I feel deprived of the female form and will be going out later with the sole purpose to see women.

Now I have no doubts that I don't ever want to play through this game again. I can't take any more cramped levels/streets/rooms, contrived navigation puzzles, restrictive movement, repetitive dialogue, hand animations, head bobs, and floor creaking like I'm on a 17th Century merchant galleon the whole time, etc.

I feel like I want DLC created that will let me (Garrett) donate my time to giving the citizens of The City fresh, hot coffee, tasty sloop (since I found the recipe), warm blankets and toothbrushes. I will also clean and freshen up the river so it no longer smells. So tired of their complaining all the time Time for Garrett to give back to the community, since he no longer needs to steal to survive.
    I don't know, it's been a long time since a AAA game kept my interest long enough to platinum it. As I said before, I quite like the City hub finding your way to missions stuff, so that doesn't really bother me... I would rather not replay missions though, if there's a much easier way to get 30,000 gold just by getting the last 2 collectibles that I haven't found yet. All the stuff you mentioned still bothers me, but I think there's enough fun to be had to make it worth it, for me at least.

Also, what happened to your colour? Yellow not good enough for you anymore?

Originally Posted by Viktoria
    [COLOR="Lime"]I'm soooooo jealous.
    I want to play again but have to wait for my bf to finish his first playthrough.
    Good job I love him.
    You know there are 3 local save files in the game, right?

Yeah; I meant actually getting access to his PC.
    This just isn't going to happen for a while....
    signature image

Originally Posted by knox140
    I don't know, it's been a long time since a AAA game kept my interest long enough to platinum it. As I said before, I quite like the City hub finding your way to missions stuff, so that doesn't really bother me... I would rather not replay missions though, if there's a much easier way to get 30,000 gold just by getting the last 2 collectibles that I haven't found yet. All the stuff you mentioned still bothers me, but I think there's enough fun to be had to make it worth it, for me at least.

Also, what happened to your colour? Yellow not good enough for you anymore?
    I just have to ask...what is to "platinum" a game?

It means to get all the trophies for it.
    Knox140, you Platinumed Thief 2014? You're crazy! And yellow was a little too bright for my tastes, lol.

Well, I'm almost there... After my 700 point + run to get "Something to Prove"- I'm on the last level at the moment, I've just got to get the focus trophies (should be able to do that in a couple hours) and work on the Finders' Keepers trophy (that'll take me longer... I'll be playing on the easiest difficulty for that to speed it up)

Everyone talks about 700 and 1300 points, but I have no idea what I chose at the beginning of the game. Is there a way to find out? I haven't found one.

Also, where Basso is, there's a painting on the wall that looks like there's a safe behind it. How does one open it? Or did I already do so early in the game and it's just sealed up for good now?

I've beat the game and done all the client missions; is there really nothing else to do except try to find 100% everything (plaques, collectibles, etc.)? No God mode, no cheat codes, no way to use open up choke and sawtooth arrows for usage, no way to enable Focus, no "new game plus" mode, no way to speed up picklocking more, no way to add color, no way to view all the cutscenes, no fast teleport on hub map, etc.

Replaying the missions over and over again for mere points? Nah...better time spent playing Thief 1 or 2 fanmissions or Dark Mod maps.

And yellow was a little too bright for my tastes, lol.
    Aww, shame.
    Time for lyrics about the colour blue then.

"Blue, songs are like tattoos. You know I've been to sea before...."
    signature image

Will starting a new game destroy the old saves? I haven't collected all collectibles on my 1st playthrough but I want to try 1200 custom game. If I start that, will it overwrite my saves or only the autosave?

Yes, I believe picking New Game will wipe out everything you've done.

On a side note, I've been replaying Heartbroken for the easy cash but was disappointed to see that I don't get the 250 gold bonus for getting all loot. On the up side, it takes just over 4 minutes a run and with extra storage I can carry 7 poppies and food so every 7 runs I sell to a merchant for 2044. I figure I have 12 more loaded runs to the merchant to get the last item I can buy then I can retire lol.

Oh, I just remembered the DLC bank vault. How much does that bring in ?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last