Thread: 4 patches for the PC but none for PS4?

4 patches for the PC but none for PS4?

Thumbs Down 4 patches for the PC but none for PS4?

It feels like you have abandoned the game on every platform except for the PC.

Sound loop bugs are still there, loud music bug is still there etc. Those things don't get fixed by themselves.

And please remove the bandage after game completion.

There has been a PS4 and XB1 patch..
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    There has been a PS4 and XB1 patch..
    In that case I'm pretty sure we would like to see some sticky with patch notes, so far PC looks like it received most of the support which is kinda understandable since on consoles there is a extra layer of certification process but as a customer who holds an interest in this title I can't justify my purchase even on sale for $30 if the game still has abysmal audio and frame-rate issues. I haven't seen any patch notes or any info about it for PS4 anywhere online besides everybody pointing out glitches, audio issues and questionable performance.

I also want to know if there'll be a patch for the PS4. Not talking about release day patch.

It's been out almost 2 month and sounds are still messed up on ps4, guards talk so loud when they are so far away not realistic at all when it's a stealth game and music are so loud sometimes that you can't hear garret's voice.
    All those things a now fixed on pc with the 1.04 patch... When can us on ps4 enjoy those fixes ?

There are so many bugs, and most of them are now fixed on pc, hope us on ps4 soon can get that too. Because we payed alot for this game and it feels like the pc version get's favorised ?

Are the devolopers even working on a new ps4 patch, if no is there any future plans for a ps4 patch ? Other than that i realy enjoy this game, Thanks

Well I don't know what that patch fixed but the sound bugs are still there.

Just looking at these forums it no wonder the developers ain't replying to anyone. They must be soo busy trying to get this game to actually run and work properly on so many different PC GFX cards and not to mention consoles. Poor moderators can't really do anything but extinguish the flames as best they can ... but a little information goes a long way in forums these days. I know it's low or probably non existent on the priorities list of the developers of Thief but ...

Just a reminder of how left handed people would like to play the game:

Left Thumbstick = Look / Toggle Zoom (Observe Click)
    Right Thumbstick = Move / Dodge (toggle Crouch Click)
    L1 = Melee Attack / Takedown
    L2 = Use Bow
    R1 = Dodge
    R2 = Run / Climb / Jump

Still waiting to find out if the developers are going to shoehorn an alternate controller layout option for us lefties into an update!

4 patches for pc and none for ps4?(day 1 patch not counting)
    Thief is a mess on ps4, the audio is just ... ughhh
    i though we passed the days of 360/ps3 where we were getting a day 1 patch and that's it
    ps4 has x86 architecture so what is the problem?
    i bought thief for 60$ for ps4 more than it's digital version on steam and stil we are under a blind eye, seems that thief was a pc game and a quick port on consoles for some fast bucks

I believe it was explained elsewhere that the submission process for updates is far more complicated than on PC. Patches would probably need to be cleared by Sony, Microsoft or whoever...whereas PC doesn't have those middlemen to deal with.

Originally Posted by New Horizon
    I believe it was explained elsewhere that the submission process for updates is far more complicated than on PC. Patches would probably need to be cleared by Sony, Microsoft or whoever...whereas PC doesn't have those middlemen to deal with.
    i know this is how it was LAST gen, but i don't see ubisoft having this problem "submission process for updates is far more complicated than on PC" AC4 is up to date on ps4 like on pc, bf4,cod too, only thief makes it complicated

Yeah I totally agree, the lack of support for the console versions is shocking. The game has been out for 6 -7 weeks now and people still have issues with saves etc. I must admit I was one who defended this game to the bitter end, but I haven't played the game in about 4 weeks. I'm just so saddened that the franchise has been destroyed with this garbage reboot.

Originally Posted by awproject
    i know this is how it was LAST gen, but i don't see ubisoft having this problem "submission process for updates is far more complicated than on PC" AC4 is up to date on ps4 like on pc, bf4,cod too, only thief makes it complicated
    We all go through the same process, and altho it's very much we're all equal, some are definitely more equal then others

So when you see a day one patch it wasnt `done on that day`..
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

We all go through the same process, and altho it's very much we're all equal, some are definitely more equal then others

Thanks for your useless post, it doesn't really help people with issues from day one. We would like an eta on the next console patches and what fixes to expect.

sorry for language but NO
    i mean every games has a patch from post launch development and if there's no patch after launch like in this situation when on other platform (PC) it's at 4 then it's a problem
    if you can't patch all platforms you don't patch any, you launch the patch when it's ready for everyone, otherwise please from now on write on your game box for PS4-NO SUPPORT AFTER LAUNCH

The PC platform has many, many, different hardware set-ups so will need a lot of attention in terms of patching, whereas consoles are uniform when it come hardware. Also, as I'm aware it actually costs the developer to release patches on consoles whereas its free to patch PC games through Steam, so devs will usually hold off and create larger patches for consoles.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's why PC may seem to get more attention. That's also why many PC games may get more content than their console counterparts.

Originally Posted by Hapiuk
    Also, as I'm aware it actually costs the developer to release patches on consoles
    I am 99% sure that is not true anymore

From what I can see PC port is handled by completely different team Nixxes Software

http://www.nixxes.com/nixxes/projects/157-thief

Besides that game was never intended to be released on PS4/X1

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-gen-consoles/

then you had this

The long-in-development sequel has recently seen its audio director and lead level designer both depart for other studios, along with several concept artists and other designers.
    ... and you end up with what you got today.

Anyway it puzzles me why they are staying completely silent about console version issues. Some kinda news, blog or at least forum comment would be nice "hey we are working on audio issues and bugs bla bla bla" My interest in this title by now is gone, I don't see a point supporting somebody that doesn't support their product. I might pick this title up once I see it in bargain bin or heavily discounted online at the end of this year...I feel sorry for people who paid premium on day 1 tho !

Originally Posted by 4xxxxL
    Anyway it puzzles me why they are staying completely silent about console version issues. Some kinda news, blog or at least forum comment would be nice "hey we are working on audio issues and bugs bla bla bla"
    yeah that's exactly the problem, they don't even bother to say "hey we got this, we'll release a patch for consoles in....." they make it seems that the support is inexistent for consoles

and

Originally Posted by Hapiuk
    Also, as I'm aware it actually costs the developer to release patches on consoles whereas its free to patch PC games through Steam, so devs will usually hold off and create larger patches for consoles.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's why PC may seem to get more attention. That's also why many PC games may get more content than their console counterparts.
    i am 99,99% sure that there is no fee for patching, can you imagine this? they be like "hey we've fixed every bug so let's patch this" then sony "nup, we want money" i don't think so
    ps4 and xbox one uses x86 architecture so yeah.... it can't be more like pc

Hey are you working on fixing these things? Your day 1 patch hasn't done anything.