Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Fourth PC Patch for Thief, v1.4 build 4133.3

Fourth PC Patch for Thief, v1.4 build 4133.3

Fourth PC Patch for Thief, v1.4 build 4133.3

Hello everyone,

We have just made public a new version of the PC version of Thief, v1.4 build 4133.3 This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client.
    This patch will address the following issues.

• Fixed an issue where when finishing a chapter, the user would be brought back to the start. That primarily occurred around the April 1st.
    • Fixed several audio issues, including:
      - Issues with sound occlusion, being able to hear NPCs talking through walls.
      - Issues with music being relatively loud in several chapters.
      - Issue with credits music.
    • Fixed an issue with shadows that would occur on certain Nvidia and Intel GPUs.
    • Fixed issues where the quicksave would be overwritten.
      - Quicksaves now occupy a seperate slot internally and in the loading menu. To load a quicksave press F9 or go into the Load menu and select the Quicksave Slot.
    • Increased dedicated texture memory pool size for Intel GPUs.
    • Fixed an issue where several documents were missing.
    • Fixed an issue where the Spectral Aspect trinket had no effect.
    • Fixed an issue where player was unable to look around while using the handwheel.
    • Button prompts in the station screens now update automatically based on the user input method.
    • Several minor bug fixes.

While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on the old version we made a Beta available on Steam, v1.3 build 4118.5, that can be used to switch back to the previous version

Step 1: Go to your STEAM library and select Thief in your game list
    Step 2: right-click on the game and go to properties
    Step 3: go to the Betas tab in the properties menu
    Step 4: select version_1.3 and press ok.

This will set you back to the original released version of the game.
    We will keep monitoring for feedback and will release further patches as it seems required. We always welcome your feedback!

Congratz on the patch! Just in time. I can't wait to try the Spectral Aspect.

Thanks for the update.

While I can see some audio fixes listed, the main immersion-breaking culprits are still present: namely, missing sound effects. No thunder in Lockdown, for example, on a re-load.

Do you know if more sound fixes are still on the agenda? I'm holding off playing till they're fixed.

Thanks for your time.

Is this version compatible with old saves? What should people do with bugged saves made on 1st – 2nd April? Will they work now or is it better to delete them?

I believe the issue will be resolved so loading in your save will allow you to continue where before it would loop back.
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

When will this be rolled out for Xbox One users? / Will the save game glitch fix itself without this patch?

Thank you in advance

Originally Posted by nuttywray
    When will this be rolled out for Xbox One users? / Will the save game glitch fix itself without this patch?
    Console patches have a very set process involving more then just ourselves.

Can i ask the time/date of your save game thats being looped on..? and which timezone/region you are based in? (trying to ascertain if my 72 hour theory is holding up)

Hi! Ah no worries, I understand!

Mine on the 31st March at 23:31. I am based in the UK and mine loops on Chapter 7.

Ah, so by my theory yours will correct itself naturally RIGHT at the end of today

Cool! fingers crossed. Thank you for response once again!

Thank you very much!

Any news on possible DLC?

So along with that,was the subtitles issue fixed? What about out of sync lip movements?

I played on 1st April and mine was looping back to a save late on March 30th on PC in UK (didn't play on 31st it seems according to the Steam files on HDD), and haven't touched it since. So should I be clear by now, once patched, or should I wait until tomorrow the 4th April?

Thanks for the help here.......and do you ever get to go to sleep jaycw2309 ?

Originally Posted by NightCrowe
    I played on 1st April and mine was looping back to a save late on March 30th on PC in UK (didn't play on 31st it seems according to the Steam files on HDD), and haven't touched it since. So should I be clear by now, once patched, or should I wait until tomorrow the 4th April?

Thanks for the help here.......and do you ever get to go to sleep jaycw2309 ?
    Make sure you're running the build mentioned above (4133.3) and everything should be fine..

I do sleep, but just have very long days..

Hello - I've now tested the new 1.4 patch and there seems to be a new problem: quick-saves no longer work at all.

If I quick-save my game, then reload my last save, the game jumps back to either the last automatic save, or the last save made manually using a game slot (I've tested both those and they work fine). Quick saves are now totally ignored.

Originally Posted by TheArcaneThief
    Hello - I've now tested the new 1.4 patch and there seems to be a new problem: quick-saves no longer work at all.

If I quick-save my game, then reload my last save, the game jumps back to either the last automatic save, or the last save made manually using a game slot (I've tested both those and they work fine). Quick saves are now totally ignored.
    Hi TheArcaneThief,

Thank you for reporting your issue, the quicksave is now completely seperate from the save slot. Pressing F5 will create a quicksave and it can be loaded by pressing F9.
    You can also go to the Load menu and select the quicksave from there.

We have updated the patch notes with this information.

This patch fix stuttering for some cards or not ?

Originally Posted by Teagle
    Thanks for the update.

While I can see some audio fixes listed, the main immersion-breaking culprits are still present: namely, missing sound effects. No thunder in Lockdown, for example, on a re-load.

Do you know if more sound fixes are still on the agenda? I'm holding off playing till they're fixed.

Thanks for your time.
    It's strange. It seems to be working for me properly now.

Great news! Looking forward to confirming the shadow glitch fix when I get home.

Thanks for continuing to work on these issues.

Originally Posted by Nixxes
    • Fixed several audio issues, including:
      - Issues with sound occlusion, being able to hear NPCs talking through walls.
      - Issues with music being relatively loud in several chapters.
      - Issue with credits music.
    Does the Patch also fix the issue, that subtitles and voices are not visible/played when the game is installed not installed on C: on Windows 8.1-Systems?

Grand, been waiting for the audio fixes for a while.

All the patches seem to be for PC version; what about the rest of us? I'm playing on PS3 and getting the "Red Bar of Death" when trying to load Sirens Roost area in order to start chapter 5. I've seen other posts about this problem from Xbox users. What do you mean about console patches having a different process? I haven't seen any response to console issues. I'm trying to be patient (I've waited 10 years for this series to be continued) but I'm frustrated with the lack of response from Eidos. Please give us some encouraging news. My last save was March 30. Thanks.

Originally Posted by panzerpoop
    All the patches seem to be for PC version; what about the rest of us? I'm playing on PS3 and getting the "Red Bar of Death" when trying to load Sirens Roost area in order to start chapter 5. I've seen other posts about this problem from Xbox users. What do you mean about console patches having a different process? I haven't seen any response to console issues. I'm trying to be patient (I've waited 10 years for this series to be continued) but I'm frustrated with the lack of response from Eidos. Please give us some encouraging news. My last save was March 30. Thanks.
    PC code we control via Steam. Console code has a submission process which goes via Sony/MS/Nintendo etc depending on platforms. This all takes time. Sorry..

STILL NOT WORKING!

Gaad I can't believe this. The patch correctly found my manual save done exiting the Architect's House and before you enter the Keep. However as soon as I moved to the load point to enter the Keep, went right back tot he beginning of the Chapter again!!! WTF!

Getting tired of the Architect's house, really would like to move on here.

Originally Posted by mbrando
    Gaad I can't believe this. The patch correctly found my manual save done exiting the Architect's House and before you enter the Keep. However as soon as I moved to the load point to enter the Keep, went right back tot he beginning of the Chapter again!!! WTF!

Getting tired of the Architect's house, really would like to move on here.
    PC version?? had you changed your pc date to workaround the issue before?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last