Page 2 of 7 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: Update regarding recent save game issues

Update regarding recent save game issues

What about those who are not on a mission, but in between missions and are stuck in the watch tower?

There's no restart option, and I still can't get out.

Why does this guy's 12yo son need help playing such a game? I'm pretty sure I was wrecking everything in Descent I & II at that age and it is a much more complicated game from a developmental point of view (6-axis movement).

How will this affect Steam Users?

If Thief had a better in game map system he would not need any help. My son has ADHAD so if he has to sit down and read something like in this case the PRIMA's Official Game Guide, he sometimes needs help following it. So I try to do the right thing and help him when I have time. Being a police officer I do not have alot of time and I am under alot of stress.

I have put alot of time in my son and this game with him, I do not expect any of you to understand. Anyway good luck everyone it seems that this will be fixed.

Thank you for your effort! Any news on the sound issues? Also any news on possible DLCs?

Originally Posted by TheBringerOfDearh
    First of all it is the law if the parent allows the child to play a game it is fine. It's not like I made him play Thief it was a birthday gift. Second I never said I was going to shoot anyone thats silly, but they do all need to be fired.

Eidos is suppose to be the professionals. They left us for three days with no anwsers, they could have got ahead of this and let players know right off the bat they were sorry and working on the problem. Instead they did not even admit there was a problem until almost the entire first page of this message board filled up with this issue. When I am at work if anything happens on my watch I would say it was my fault. I do not go and blame others for my failures. This company is blameing a "so called" unforseen action in a sense that caused the save looping issue. I just believe they have no clue what they are doing.

It has been reported several places that the development team on Thief did have some employee's that either quit or were fired. If Eidos development team for Thief would not have been so busy fighting eachother mabe they could of forseen this issue and prevented it from happening.
    If everybody was fired because of mistakes or something going wrong occasionally, the whole world would be unemployed, including you. Take a cold shower before you start a rant like that and learn some manners mate!

You also might have missed the post in this thread: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...76#post1999676

Hey everyone, can appreciate everyones been cheesed off with the issue, and we have been working tirelessly to try and find exact cause and solution etc.. but there is no need to gang up on TheBringerofDearh..
    www.imdb.me/jasonwalker <-thas me hehe
    Twitter: @jaywalker2309
    - My opinion is my own and not that of the company.

Everyone go back to civil discussion. This thread is not the place to call for others to be fired or criticize others as parents, so get back on topic.
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

Originally Posted by jaycw2309
    Hey everyone, can appreciate everyones been cheesed off with the issue, and we have been working tirelessly to try and find exact cause and solution etc.. but there is no need to gang up on TheBringerofDearh..
    Okay. Thank you again for your hard work. I know that the question might have got on your nerves already, but do you have any - maybe a tiny piece of - news about the sound problems of the game? We have a whole thread about them. Also can we expect new content for the game... I'm a greedy Thief and want more already.

how will this affect steam users?

I should of not freaked out. I should say I am sorry because it is the right thing to do, so I am sorry for being a jerk. Let's just say things are not always so black and white with games. Family's can get hurt and I just want people to realize that but, F bombing the Eidos staff was probably not my best idea today. It's fine I will have more time to spend with my son and we will play through Thief for a third time and it will be a charm. This was my only day off, but mabe me taking a few vacation days would be a good idea.

By the looks of it tomorrow would be ok to start a new game with no more issues but I will keep a eye out just in case something changes. I will not be posting anymore but I will check this thread tonight to see if it is ok for him to start a new game without any problems after he is done with school.

I set my time zone on my xbox one to reflect April 3. It is still loading my save from the 03/31 :|

Thumbs Down

I can confirm that this does *NOT* solve the problem. Although I have made recent saves (after 3rd April in my time zone), I always load back to the 'latest save' from the 31st March. And if I go through and complete the mission I am sent back to the beginning again! Done this mission about 7 times now...

I tried playing around with my save yesterday after being stuck in a loop at the tavern. I made a manual save in front of the clock tower. When I tried to enter the clock tower I was sent back to the bank heist instead of the tavern. Not only that, but my manual save was rewritten only letting me load inside of the heist mission and I completely lost 2 hours of game time. Is my save going to be restored to the latest autosave and since my save was done yesterday, even though it's says 3/31@6pm, will I be able to complete the mission it put me in and move on tomorrow?

I don't mind replaying a game, but as a father of four and a working stiff finding time to play is hard. If I lose 18+ hours of game time and my life I'm not going to be too happy. As I recently had a stroke and am on a LOA, I've had more down time then usual. I'm not allowed to do a lot right now so I spent a bit of time on my console. Looks like I've been playing the wrong game. Sad thing is, up until now I enjoyed the game.

Originally Posted by Driver86
    I don't mind replaying a game, but as a father of four and a working stiff finding time to play is hard. If I lose 18+ hours of game time and my life I'm not going to be too happy. As I recently had a stroke and am on a LOA, I've had more down time then usual. I'm not allowed to do a lot right now so I spent a bit of time on my console. Looks like I've been playing the wrong game. Sad thing is, up until now I enjoyed the game.
    I know how you feel (except for the stroke part, hope you recover well). I'm a 43 year old full time working family man who finds it hard to obtain any significant amount of gaming time, so to lose any progress is frustrating.

I certainly understand mistakes can be made and I'm not holding this against Eidos as long as they address the problem and correct it. I'm really enjoying this game and can't wait to play it again.

I only see one save when I click load now and it is the octopus side mission I'm looping in. I see zero saves but that one.

I am on xbone and I'm thinking tomorrow I will still be screwed. My next !ain mission. Was to get on the boat but 12 hours or so I have a feeling I'll have to replay.

Regardless for at best losing three days and worst the entire play do we get anything like some promo stuff or in game goodies?

This really needed faster damage control. Ya sold a lot of copies it is not like some iOS app. This is a AAA title it should have AAA support

Actually it's now the April 3rd here and I'm still having the same problem of not being able to load a game saved today and having to start Chapter 5 again. Sorry for the bad news

This is worse than the time when we were waiting for year 2000 to cause computer problems because of the many zeroes.

Eidos, I am terribly disappointed. From hereon in, I will campaign to all my friends (physical and virtual) to boycott your games.

You are basically WASHING YOUR HANDS and just expect us to wait it out? For reals? And then the ridiculous audio bugs which you refuse to acknowledge and fix? And then you lied about it "correcting itself" on April 3rd?

You are lucky none of your customers is launching a class action lawsuit, cause if they did, you'd be in the red a few months down the road.

Atrocious and unacceptable. Seeing how DE HR DC was handled, and now this...I lost faith in you guys. Amen.

Signed up just to add my voice to this. I've been enjoying the game on Xbox One immensely and am only a few achievements away from my first 100% on the console. Now I can't continue because of some stupid bug that I'm conveniently told to wait out?

My last manual save was on the 31st. I tried playing yesterday and today (the 1st and the 2nd, respectively) to no avail. Got the glitch both times. It's not yet the 3rd in my time zone, but I've seen multiple people say waiting until the 3rd did not fix the issue. I am stuck in the Clock Tower and cannot leave it whatsoever.

Eidos, seriously, this is frustrating and downright unacceptable. We're not supposed to "wait" some glitch out; YOU'RE supposed to rectify said glitch and fix it ASAP. We're paying customers, not beta testers or booth visitors.

Heck my manual saves are gone it deleted them when I restarted the game

Originally Posted by Kungholio
    Heck my manual saves are gone it deleted them when I restarted the game
    Same here! Played through the night on xbox one and played all of basso's 14 side missions in one run. went to eat and when i came back and restarted my xbox one and thief. it loaded an autosave and it´s the one with clock tower loop!

My last manual save was 9 am (GMT +2) 3rd of april and it's GONE!

now i´m in the loop again with no manual save. i´ve wasted like 8 hours of time last night?

Where can I ask my money back, from microsoft?

Originally Posted by FieryPhoenix7
    Signed up just to add my voice to this. I've been enjoying the game on Xbox One immensely and am only a few achievements away from my first 100% on the console. Now I can't continue because of some stupid bug that I'm conveniently told to wait out?

My last manual save was on the 31st. I tried playing yesterday and today (the 1st and the 2nd, respectively) to no avail. Got the glitch both times. It's not yet the 3rd in my time zone, but I've seen multiple people say waiting until the 3rd did not fix the issue. I am stuck in the Clock Tower and cannot leave it whatsoever.

Eidos, seriously, this is frustrating and downright unacceptable. We're not supposed to "wait" some glitch out; YOU'RE supposed to rectify said glitch and fix it ASAP. We're paying customers, not beta testers or booth visitors.
    I agree. Thoroughly unacceptable this is.

In fact, I am amazed there has not been a bigger furore from the community. If we keep quiet about stuff like this, then we have no reason to complain when things get worse in the future and QA responsibility is thrown out of the window (already happening with the Early Access crap).

Originally Posted by FieryPhoenix7

Which timezone are you in?

A patch/fix is not as quick/simple as people seem to envisage.. Sounds silly but first we need to find exactly what was causing it.. The effect was `obvious` but exactly WHAT was causing it to happen, not so.. once the cause is found it is then fixed. THEN because its a part of the save game mechanic it has to be fully tested from beginning to end, because whilst it could fix this issue it could knock something else out of balance.. That takes time too..
    For consoles there is then the need to package this up and send for testing and approval at first party. This all takes time am afraid..

I am in Australia. Last save game is 31/03/2014 9:48pm.

Playing tonight at the 03/04/2014 at 7pm Austalian Time.

Still looping

Originally Posted by GruntFX
    I am in Australia. Last save game is 31/03/2014 9:48pm.

Playing tonight at the 03/04/2014 at 7pm Austalian Time.

Still looping
    Thanks for the info.. so 9:48pm on 31st? be very interesting to know if at 9:48pm (8:48pm daylight saving thing!?) thats the crossover time.

Page 2 of 7 First First 123456 ... Last