Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Is eidos being hacked??

Is eidos being hacked??

Is eidos being hacked??

So everyone's game has broken

Square enix's site has gone down (at time of posting)

This forum is running at a snails pace

And eidos has a history of being hacked by anonymous....

Are there any mods about to comment???
    Thief 5 creation instructions: Play thief 2, play again, pay UDK4 or idTech 6 licence, employ engine programmers who are able to code jumping physics, listen to fans not ubisoft

Something suspcious is going on for sure...

SE's site is back up, but it's slooooooooow

Edit: SE site and this forum "suddenly" speeds up again.
    Thief 5 creation instructions: Play thief 2, play again, pay UDK4 or idTech 6 licence, employ engine programmers who are able to code jumping physics, listen to fans not ubisoft

I like the idea that Anonymous were so angry with Thief that they hacked Eidos Montreal...

Originally Posted by knox140
    I like the idea that Anonymous were so angry with Thief that they hacked Eidos Montreal...
    Probably they could help sorting out the sound issues too...

Originally Posted by knox140
    I personally don't like that idea, because if the supposed hacking is what's responsible for the save files getting messed up, then they would be punishing the players too. And I don't like guilt by association.

Originally Posted by taff

Are there any mods about to comment???
    April Fool is a lot of taffin' fun, no?
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Seriously, Viktoria?

Originally Posted by Webimpulse
    I personally don't like that idea, because if the supposed hacking is what's responsible for the save files getting messed up, then they would be punishing the players too. And I don't like guilt by association.
    I don't see how Anonymous would have the ability to update everybody's game with a bug of that sort, unless I'm underestimating the power of hacking. I doubt it's an April Fools joke either; I haven't seem Steam update THIEF lately.

Originally Posted by InDIGnation
    I don't see how Anonymous would have the ability to update everybody's game with a bug of that sort, unless I'm underestimating the power of hacking. I doubt it's an April Fools joke either; I haven't seem Steam update THIEF lately.
    It could have been shipped with the capacity, but yeah given the fix is now apparently April 8th it's weird.

bro im so happy restarting and replaying the game helped me shape my skill if you consider this april fools joke bad you probably suck at videogames

Originally Posted by Viktoria
    Not in the least, no.

Awww.
    signature image

Viktoria my lady wtf how did u get 1kk posts in 6 years

Originally Posted by zwanzig_zwoelf
    Viktoria my lady wtf how did u get 1kk posts in 6 years
    My good Thief, how many do you have?
    And why does it say 'spammer' under your name?
    signature image

Originally Posted by EverestMan
    Not in the least, no.
    Gonna have to agree with EverestMan here. I hate April Fools Day. It's the one day where the gaming industry and community could possibly get more toxic than it already is. Have you seen some of the pranks being pulled? Some are funny, yes, but a lot are simply spiteful.

What happened to all the nice people in gaming?

I don't mind harmless pranks, but they seriously shouldn't get in the way of making any progress. Have Garrett's voice clips all replaced with Burrick noises or something idk.

Kinda like the Left4Dead mod that replaced all the Infected AI with voices like Johnny Bravo for the Tank, Dale from King of the Hill for the Smoker, etc. I thought it was a hack when I first heard it, then my youngest son confessed to downloading the mod the previous night when he was playing. Then, after I asked him to please not mod my games for me without asking me first, I sat down and played that modded game for several days before reverting it back to its original form. Too funny. And I told him that, in this case, it actually turned out okay.

Something like that would make me laugh. Or say all of Garrett's loot suddenly being replaced by Skittles or something. Now that would be funny. But borking everybody's saves...that's not funny by any stretch of the imagination, and I hope someone gets flogged over it. Okay, maybe just replace their cornflakes with cedar shavings from my hamster cage. ;-)

I want my money back. ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Cool YOU BETTER BE JOKING....

Originally Posted by Viktoria
    Because I'm NOT!

Originally Posted by InDIGnation
    I doubt it's an April Fools joke either
    The timing is too perfect.

bro im so happy restarting and replaying the game helped me shape my skill if you consider this april fools joke bad you probably suck at videogames
    I love this guy.

Originally Posted by Triangletooth
    I don't mind harmless pranks, but they seriously shouldn't get in the way of making any progress. Have Garrett's voice clips all replaced with Burrick noises or something idk.
    Yeah, not amused.

I've lost about an hours progress trying to fix this. God that was hilarious!!!! NOT!!

A prank should be a gentle, REVERSIBLE thing that the person being pranked is quickly put out of their misery... That sort of thing I can look back on and find funny....

To do something destructive for the fun of it is irresponsible and if a company does it to is customers is downright stupid. If this is a bug eidos seriously needs to sort it out right now, if it's a prank can we stop it now, you've had your fun...

Yes, O great and mighty lord, your wisdom knows no boundaries !

Originally Posted by Triangletooth
    Or replaced with audio clips of Stephen Russell, that would be high-larious.

bro eidos next time replace erin and garrett sounds with farts or blossom audio clips of sexual intercourse that will be hilarous hey erin ugh ugh hey garrett ugh ugh so cute so blushing mmm and then bosso says slap me harder garrett when he comes for the job

We’re aware of an issue that seems to be affecting some Thief players, preventing them from completing some levels. We’re taking this very seriously – as a first step we’re reading as many reports of the issue as possible, working to replicate it internally, so that we can understand what’s causing it. We’re sorry for any disruption to your game today, and we’ll update you as soon as we have more information.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last