Thread: Square's Thief April Fools joke

Square's Thief April Fools joke

Square's Thief April Fools joke

http://www.thiefgame.jp/af/

Apparently the only action Garrett can take is "steal". Someone fluent in the language can hopefully translate the rest for our collective amusement.
    "The chief problem is that once you take the name of a beloved franchise, you're assuming responsibility for upholding its legacy". -AusGamers Thief review

Some april foolery is going on with everyone's post count...

The real april fool's joke is the bug that screws up everyone's game and saved games (see steam forums and technical discussion).

Haha. For one day a year... wear your "spammer" badge with the utmost pride.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Originally Posted by Viktoria
    Haha. For one day a year... wear your "spammer" badge with the utmost pride.
    Well it is a special day; after all, what could be more special than my 401st post!

*pweee*

Yeah the save looping issue is infuriating and had better not be an official april fools joke as it is not funny in the least. Here's the largest thread about it on the tech support forums. http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=142875

Originally Posted by argan1985
    The real april fool's joke is the bug that screws up everyone's game and saved games (see steam forums and technical discussion).
    It's not just the PC version, either. Appears to also affect the XBox One and PS4. I'm on PS3. I may not play the game today...

Garrett is listed as masutā shīfu (master thief)
    The options are steal and run away

So things he steals:
    Automation (オートマトン)
    Potion (ポーション)
    Lara's tank top to eat? (ララのタンクトップをぬすんでたべた)
    Hermes shoes (エルメスのくつをぬすんだ)
    Buy Thief released June 12th it's not stolen (シーフはぬすまずかってください 6がつ12にちはつばい)

and so on, if you have translation add-on you can just highlight the text, as it is actual text an not an image.

Originally Posted by ClashWho
    It's not just the PC version, either. Appears to also affect the XBox One and PS4. I'm on PS3. I may not play the game today...
    My game actually seems unaffected (the glorious PC Gaming Master Race strikes again), but I'm still wary to play it. I've read a lot of issues with corrupted saves if you play it, now.

Seriously what the hell is going on?

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=142912
    Thief 5 creation instructions: Play thief 2, play again, pay UDK4 or idTech 6 licence, employ engine programmers who are able to code jumping physics, listen to fans not ubisoft

I am currently on Chapter 6 of my 1300 point game. After climbing the elevator shaft and then going into the Barron's office (which SHOULD trigger a cut-scene), the game reloads back to the start of the chapter. It did it three times in a row. I am able to hit ESC and "Return to The City" and can reenter the chapter 6 normally and the same error happens again.

Is my game totally foobar now, and am I going to have to start over?

Post Count = April Fools?

Is the 999,999 post count and Spammer title that everyone is enjoying today part of the unnamed disgruntled devs masterhack April Fools joke?! LOLOLOL

Open Source...is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you might get.