Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Project *X* Thief Dark Project OMs in Thief 3 - Previews

Project *X* Thief Dark Project OMs in Thief 3 - Previews

Thumbs Up Project *X* Thief Dark Project OMs in Thief 3 - Previews

after the poll.

for who don't know :
    Project X is a conversion of the Thief Dark Project original maps made by LGS
    .Mis to .Unr the same exact Map.

i'm sorry for my english , this is not my native language..
    well..i Think that Thief 4 have a great athmospheres , expecially in the Keeper Library , the omage to Thief 1
    i tried to remake the same athmosphere here.

here we have 3 games in 1

Thief 1 map "Keeper Training "
    Thief 3 the engine , it move the game
    Thief 4 textures and Athmosphere

the map , as DLC's can be downloaded on the classics sites
    it looks like a secret level of Thief 4 this is the Keeper Training OM LGS orginal

only for Thief 's fan of course , next " Lord Bufford Manor "

Here Thief 3 Mech Movement were modfied , and of course you don't need to remake the training, it is now an abandoned place. ( i made it abandoned 2 years ago when i release the first version of this map)

Huge Photos ,

Lord Bufford Manor , Original mission, two differents kind of fog colour : classic grey and blue fog in Thief 4 style alike

Project *X* HD

This looks great... I'd still like to see a total remake of those old games with modern graphics (but everything else intact).

Hawkflyaway, I'm assuming you're not in the U.S.? If not, it's really too bad, this is exactly the type of conversion that would make a great entry in the Ultimate Thief Modding Contest.

I want to play these! How can I do that?

You are not the only one, but I would prefer a finished, polished work, which this doesn't sound like. Definitely interesting, though!
    "The chief problem is that once you take the name of a beloved franchise, you're assuming responsibility for upholding its legacy". -AusGamers Thief review

Thumbs Up

Hi ,

@new horizon , i don't know why Em , has made that contest reserved for U.S resident...and this is not good

Lord Bufford's conversion take place after theThief 3 events , Garrett become the first Keeper
    the original map use only omnilights and some spotlight !

strange : about a year ago i released "The Keeper Training of Thief 1" which it was a abandoned place ,
    Thief 4 have "The Keeepr Library " abandoned too, i should be work with EM
    look at the date
    The Keeper Training of Thief 1 FM a years ago

Making of The Keeper Training

Welcome young Garrett!

for Project X

ok. !

If this conversion was made with Thief 4 engine. this should be the result!
    this is my Hammerites Cathedral , modern...

I'm equally amazed every time what a simple increased sense of space and scale can do for that game. Really hope it leads to something.
    "The chief problem is that once you take the name of a beloved franchise, you're assuming responsibility for upholding its legacy". -AusGamers Thief review

Thanks , space is the right word...

this is what i think...

"Project X" is a "Thief: The Dark Project" conversion, it uses the same maps, i. e. the geometry of Thief The Dark Project and it has been originated from the need of having an old game converted into an excellent and up-to-date engine, the Unreal Engine.
    I think Thief 3 is as good as the previous titles, the only matter I'm in agreement with many people is the lacking of the rope arrow, which I have included in the project (you'll be able to use the hotspots as seen in Thief 4, that's the only way possible of implementing it); many people play the old Thief thinking how outdated the graphics is, so here's the conversion. The Thief 1 architecture is very ancient, if compared to my recent works. In fact, by recreating the environments, I'm always in doubt whether I should use the old arches or adding some new ones, maybe more detailed. Regarding this choice you should be able to help me. I have heavily modified Garrett's movements,( patch in progress ) i managed to remove the Garrett's body...now everything's smoother, and the gameplay's more enjoyable and mild; I'll use the best textures around, they're five maps only.

i'm just a Thief's fan and i did this just because i want play it in anyway in anyMod possible...the Dark project was one of the best game that i've played!

Careful Huge Photos

Hypnotising.... as always Hawky.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Thank you

the Graphic here is better that you find in Thief 1

Watch at 3.00

This looks really cool

How are you going to get around the lack of rope arrows in TDS? Surely you need them for some missions in T1/T2?

Hawky weaves his woodsie magic.
    signature image

Oh, thank you

but i'm an Hammerite i build Cathedral

P.S..Project *X* have an experimental rope arrow , climbable chains , climbable broken walls,it is not TDS anymore it is LGS in Thief 3 , and it is possible finish it without rope arrow

viktoria do you remember this ? here i started to convert Thief 1
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2139891

someone remember this place ?

+

i have to go...see you next week!

Originally Posted by IHaveReturned
    You are not the only one ..Definitely interesting, though!

ok, you know this conversion ( if will be ) should be downloaded as Fan missions. i'm pretty sure you don't ever played one of them you know how Run a FM ? for Thief 3...
    The Keeper Training LGS is ready to be tested. and i think this will be the only one i want release because i'm tired and i dont have enough encouragment for this ! the people prefer talk..talk..fill thread of words...

in anyway this is Undercover ( EM don't give us the Editor then the only way to see Thief 1 in a semi-modern engine is this , T3 about the texturing, it is very similar to UE3 , of course UE3 use Shaders 3.0 . was this..because i give up and i don't have too much time to spent on it...surely this was innovative like idea!

Hammer : Present your credentials novice!
    Me : Im' Hawky..i converted your story to Unreal Engine 2.8 , i give you..fashion and effects...
    Hammer : you're in welcome Hawky..The Master Builder talked to me about you in a dream ..Open the Gate

the architectures is very ancient , i cannot touch it too much , or don't make much sense!

+
    compare this 2 rooms Thief 4 and one of them is Thief 3 (Enanched)

^_^ best regards

Will this be a fan mission using Darkloader or Garrettloader?
    signature image

GarrettLoader but it is for Thief 3.

personally i enjoy each thief released, maybe i'm wise.. but Thief 3 tweaked is ok and with this mod it become sweet and enjoyable!
    but i have many things to do... don't know if continue...
    the Keeper Training is ready!

many people are interested in this ...according with the "views" on the relative threads
    The Wall T2 had in just 2/2 months 3700 views...
    Knight Dream About 3000 and one of the most beatiful comment i had ( i had many) was this...

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpos...5&postcount=14
    I think I've played most, if not all, of your missions and enjoyed them beyond all expectations. Indeed I can still hardly believe what you have created from that classic dark, dull and colorless world of TDS (and most of its FMs, with very few exceptions). Sì, la Cappella Sistina, Michelangelo, Raffaello, tutta questa atmosfera del Rinascimento... that's the unique feeling in your FMs: art and gorgeous beauty in every corner.
    The Mod is here:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/eagleflyaway/

if i have enough testers i will consider to continue ! maybe we can open a thread about testing "Project X"

I *think* you're converting the maps to run in TDS
    the topic ,the screenshots...and the video says clearly what i'm doing...
    this topic need an Expert look! infact it is just for who's has played the original missions. btw my english is not as bad as it seems

i think it is clear :

"Project X" is a "Thief: The Dark Project" conversion, it uses the same maps, the geometry, and it has been originated by the need of having an old game converted into an excellent engine, the Unreal Engine.
    I think Thief 3 is as good as the previous titles, the only matter I'm in agreement with many people is the lacking of the rope arrow, which I have included in the project (you'll be able to use the hotspots as seen in Thief 4, that's the only way possible of implementing it); many people play the old Thief thinking how outdated the graphics is, so here's the conversion. The Thief 1 architecture is very ancient, if compared to my recent works. In fact, by recreating the environments, I'm always in doubt if using the old arches or adding some new ones, maybe more detailed. Regarding this choice you should be able to help me. I have heavily modified Garrett's movements,( patch in progress ) i managed to remove the Garrett's body...now everything's smoother, and the gameplay's more enjoyable and mild; I'll use the best textures around, they're five maps only.

if you have still doubt feel free to ask!..a true fan of Thief Fan will understand quickly what i'm doing !
    after all not all Eidos is english! and not everyone can use Unreal 3.0 don't take this like an offense!

i suggest to you to download UDK in russian

something like this :

for everyone here is clear what i'm doing LOL...infact this thread has reached 1000 views
    the people avoid to write because this thread is about Tech Stuff

a little poll for you jito! if you choose the right answer , we go to the 2 question.

1* This Thread is about : Conversion of Thief 1 to Lara Croft Tomb Raider 2013

2 : This Thread is about : Conversion of Tomb Raider to --->>> Thief 2 , implementing a Beatiful lara croft in Thief's world ? (Garrett clearly asked for this)

3* i converted Thief 1 to Thief 3 this mean Dark Engine to Unreal !

4* i'm converting Thief 3 to Thief 2 ?

5* im joking with you like a cat with a mouse ?

^_^

if your answer is exact , i'll ask you something more...what do you know about Unreal 2.8 Engine ? and Unreal 3.0 ? for you, like i sayd , is better using Static Meshes or Brushes for the columns ? for the archs is better in your opinion.. use SMs or emitters ? columns made of fire ?
    you see that..i'm talkin about tech stuffs..if your Tech Skills is not enough to post here the best choice is shut up! or give to me a right Tech answer .
    in the end i think your english skill is all what you have!

P.S i'm not russian , i'm from Dark side of the moon !

i suggest to you to read the first post on every thread.

It's always difficult for a non english to write in english when you think in another language... You can't ask each time you wanna post for someone to help you
    But here, the title of the thread is significant so, if i have understand it, believe me, everyone can
    There's also no doubt about passion Hawkflyaway put in his work... How can you make this big and incredible work (yes, i know, stupid compliments ) without passion?
    Thank you for all the time you spend on this amazing project
    and sorry for my english

Page 1 of 3 123 Last