Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last

Thread: Project *X* Thief Dark Project OMs in Thief 3 - Previews

Project *X* Thief Dark Project OMs in Thief 3 - Previews

Originally Posted by Athalle
    It's always difficult for a non english to write in english when you think in another language... You can't ask each time you wanna post for someone to help you
    But here, the title of the thread is significant so, if i have understand it, believe me, everyone can
    There's also no doubt about passion Hawkflyaway put in his work... How can you make this big and incredible work (yes, i know, stupid compliments ) without passion?
    Thank you for all the time you spend on this amazing project
    and sorry for my english
    No need to apologise for your Engllish.
    The majority here respect the fact that others can communicate in English as well as their mother-tongue.
    Look at me. I only know English and a little French... and absolutely no Welsh; even though I live in Wales.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Well, good to hear your passion is strong. I'll be looking forward to the final build of this conversion, then. Cool beans.

Being an adept reader of a language does not necessarily make one good at sentence construction and colloquialism, especially if those are rooted in a completely different language. That said, I don't think anyone is really criticizing your communication, just stating the most likely explanation for why you have so many views and so little input. The topic is clearly of interest to a lot of people, but replying is hard with poor understanding of what is said. That is just the way it is. And hell, if the thread is really just about keeping us updated on the project, what do you care if there are few replies?

I chose this handle because I used to be active in the Thief community back in the day, specifically over at TTLG. But I grew disgusted at its poster culture, and frankly, after several playthroughs and playstyles, my appetite for the series dwindled. So I left that part of my life behind. But with NuThief on the horizon, I returned to lurk over there, and eventually had gathered enough opinions on NuThief that I wanted to express them somewhere. But the forum was as much of a cesspool as it had been when I left it, so I chose the middle ground of expressing myself here. I had returned, in a sense.
    "The chief problem is that once you take the name of a beloved franchise, you're assuming responsibility for upholding its legacy". -AusGamers Thief review

what is strange, i know almost all english poets as William Shackspeare , James Joyce (an ermetic one)
    and others of other country ! like William Blacke ,Oscar Wilde, you have no idea how long this list can be.i don't saying that english people is cultural ,absolutely not! ignorance is everywhere! depend on you.
    time ago i had an issue on ttlg about an arch , a guy ignorant as a goat ,called gigagooga! want fight with me about it , the brushes , this guy don't make difference between an arch of 1200 A.C. and and arc of 1800 in viktorian style i gived up..i thouhg , Why should I stay here in the midst of goats? then go away was nice. and I felt light as an eagle! and free as a bird !

Eidos is not for modders, i know , on the other hand! i can't tollerate some people on ttlg.

i'm busy lately giving lessons of Architectures at my scholars, pupils! is right pupils ,kids, ..?

Them are happy because Unreal 4 is out!

have you played Thief 1 ? this is my opinion should be The Cathedral , if Thief 1 was made today , and this is mine !

+

well
    i like england..except for the fog...expecially some kind of towers, gothic architectures is fantastic... i remade the Thief 4 clocktower before...Thief 4 was released!

But I have gathered you want to convert T1 maps into T3, which is cool.
    yes , just that...lighting ,sounds , texturing , and everything else is made from the scratch , the athmosphere also! ok only the geometry is the same!

after this
    in your opinion should i use the old Brushes about the archs ? we are talking about a game made in 1998

This thread was going really well up until the point people started to inject complaints and personal comments into the discussion.
    I would suggest we start afresh, taffers, and get back on topic.

Hawky... do you have enough people to playtest now?

EDIT/UPDATE
    All the off-topic bickering has now been deleted
    signature image

Shivers on my skin, drool down my chin. I don't know what is going on here, but I like what I see. Just drop me a line when I can download and play this...

Originally Posted by IHaveReturned
    Your early posts made it sound like you had found some way of extracting the geometry blueprint of the Dark Engine levels somehow, fed them into the Unreal one, and had it remake the maps basically on its own.
    It is actually possible to convert the Thief 1 and 2 map formats to unreal. I can't recall exactly how it was done, but someone did do it a few years ago. It still require a lot of work in rebuilding and retexturing though.

By Perl!
    this guy don't know that this a Serious thing! not a joke...still i don't know how he can help..
    i asked something about tha archs..lol..
    archS!

almost everyone gived up! on ttlg , many years ago
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94146

bufford : it is a perfect conversation !
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=141498

The Sword!
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=141474

I don't remember implying I would help, dude. I have no modding skills, so I have no reason to imply such. What I said was that I looked forward to the finished project. Someone who can read Dante perfectly should have been able to gather that much.

As for the personal commentary, I know how to take Viktoria's hint.

Originally Posted by New Horizon
    It is actually possible to convert the Thief 1 and 2 map formats to unreal. I can't recall exactly how it was done, but someone did do it a few years ago. It still require a lot of work in rebuilding and retexturing though.
    Wow. That is possible? Amazing.
    "The chief problem is that once you take the name of a beloved franchise, you're assuming responsibility for upholding its legacy". -AusGamers Thief review

Originally Posted by IHaveReturned
    Wow. That is possible? Amazing.
    It's in the first link Hawk posted in the message above yours.

LOL , very strange...the Thread Title is clear, the posts are clear, strange that someone don't understand...we are in Thief forums ?...strange to see *some*one talk about Thief 1 and don't recognize where the screenshots are coming from! in anyway! Argument closed!LOL and Thanks sometime this things make me happy ! lol...

- - - - - - - - - -

Yes Tim , it require alot of work,the guys on ttlg tried..this mean they opened the editor without do nothing !
    no Re-Texturing , sounds , scripting , rope arrow , Etc ETc eTc ETc....
    i released an year ago "The Keeper Training " pakaged and released

well this is for all True Thief's Fans ..surely you will understand , what i'm talking about :

Thief - Dark Project - New Version - Unreal Tech

i adedd some effects FX

Watch in HD absolutely! the Textures quality here is better than Thief Gold Hd because the textures are in HR and Dynamic ! Unreal Tech !

"Virtue and genuine graces in themselves
    speak what no words can utter." William Shakespeare

^_^

for Unreal 3.0 with Shaders 3.0

im busy making Tomb Raider maps...

oh well , i want a suggestion about this : i made several attempts , i think the best is that with similar textures , i've irpver a bit the architectures!
    the cathedral is made by 12 brushes , for - The Dark Project New Version HD i've made several Experiments . tell me what you prefer ..when i will close the pack. i will not open it again!

Thief Original Huge Photos

Thief New Version Unreal Tech , with many details

this is mine

viktoria in your opinion , what looks better ?

I like the latter two.
    signature image

i know maybe you like more pagan sanctuary...but believe me the master builder is ok
    he is a friend of mine

I like Tangerine Dream's Master Builder track:

signature image

great , i know the Tangerine Dreams , was one my pref band, with Vangelis , Mike Oldfield ,
    Genesis , very nice music , we make something like that buti tend to Rock & electronic music like :Genesis , Space -Rock , Ambient Music

Good use of synthetizers ,thanks for share

Hm... interesting!
    signature image

Originally Posted by HawkflyAway
    great , i know the Tangerine Dreams , was one my pref band, with Vangelis , Mike Oldfield ,
    Genesis , very nice music , we make something like that buti tend to Rock & electronic music like :Genesis , Space -Rock , Ambient Music

Good use of synthetizers ,thanks for share

Space rock.... is that contemporary or vintage?
    I just wondered if you are a Hawkwind fan too?
    signature image

Thanks
    Garrengly : Hm... interesting!

Space Rock is vintage like : "The Byrds"
    yea ,
    do you like the HawkWind ? ah , that's good
    Hawkwind , not all albums , to much freaks..
    The Warrior on the Edge Of Time was my fav
    my band is about " Prog Rock " and we make improvvisations blues also

The New City in Unreal

Originally Posted by HawkflyAway
    The Warrior on the Edge Of Time was my fav
    Mine too.

EDIT: Actually, "Space Ritual" is probably my ultimate favourite.
    signature image

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]Thief Dark Project , it is a bit very old ... what i want to do with Project *X* is give it the best graphics
    Thief DP because have many medieval things...at least in Bufford it is a bit medieval if we can call medieval 4 brushes gaterhed together ..i visited many castles..i want improve it with a extreme
    "medieval touch "

Eric B. made a nice work on the music many memebers of LGS worked fine

i made this with Dromed

Thief Dark Project - New Version Unreal Tech !

Page 2 of 3 First First 123 Last