Thread: Third Patch for Thief, v1.3 build 4118.5

Third Patch for Thief, v1.3 build 4118.5

Third Patch for Thief, v1.3 build 4118.5

Hello everyone,

We have just made public a new version of the PC version of Thief, v1.3 build 4118.5 This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client.
    This patch will address the following issues.

• Added AMD Mantle support.
    • Added AMD TrueAudio support. TrueAudio hardware support can be enabled in the in-game audio options menu.
    • For more information about AMD Mantle and AMD TrueAudio technology, please see:
      http://community.amd.com/community/a...iver-for-thief
      AMD Catalyst 14.3 Beta driver is required to use AMD Mantle and AMD TrueAudio.
    • Image Based Reflections are now optional in 64-bit version. Used to always be enabled in 64-bit and never in 32-bit.
    • Added "Automatically Limit Texture Quality" option, when turned on it limits texture quality based on the amount of dedicated VRAM.
    • Fixed texture streaming on Intel hardware.
    • Fixed medallion icons not or incorrectly lighting up on some setups.
    • Fixed subtitles not showing during cinematics when using the 32-bit version.
    • Fixed an issue where on specific setups, the game would crash during startup, and creating a new windows account would fix it.
    • Fixed an issue where sometimes the mouse position would be offset when running with Surround or Eyefinity.
    • Various crash fixes.
    • Various optimizations.

While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on the old version we made a Beta available on Steam, v1.2 build 4116.4, that can be used to switch back to the previous version

Step 1: Go to your STEAM library and select Thief in your game list
    Step 2: right-click on the game and go to properties
    Step 3: go to the Betas tab in the properties menu
    Step 4: select version_1.2 and press ok.

This will set you back to the original released version of the game.
    We will keep monitoring for feedback and will release further patches as it seems required. We always welcome your feedback!

Originally Posted by Nixxes
    • Various crash fixes.
    • Various optimizations.

...we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone...
    It's certainly better for me. My laptop can handle Thief better now, and apparently this is why! I thought the latest patch would only handle those users with AMD cards (my laptop sadly only has an Intel HD Graphics 4000 integrated thingy), but it's made my experience better too. Thanks, guys!

Great news, thanks folks. Will you be continuing to work on further patches for other outsanding issues (audio, etc?)

This patch made the framerate experience a lot better for me. I'm on Core2Quad Q9550, 8Gigs ram, HD 7970 and the benchmark now says 41 average fps. I was at about 26. A nice patch overall. Gameplay is a lot smoother.

But now, please, do something for the sound problems we have

for me, Mantle is grayed out .. the hell!?!

oh, looks like Mante doesn't wanna run with 32bit exe

At last something about textures and VRAM. Now i think the game will limit on GPU based VRAM, for me its 2gb.

Hi Nixxes,

Was wondering if there had been any progress on the many wonderful and varied sound problems which are keeping many of us from playing the game? Great you're still supporting the title and that's appreciated, but would love to hear something about the sound problems from your end, and if it's possible to fix any of them.

Thanks for your time!

Does this solve the shadow glitch?

Still hasn't fixed the Chapter Two cutscene crash/lockup. It gets a bit further though...

If anyone installs the BETA drivers, I would recommend doing a custom install and uncheck USB filter, Sata driver, and gaming app, as one of those locked my computer up.

I have a R7 260x and for the benchmark performance:
    Before Mantle: 12min/48max/30avg
    After Mantle: 20min/46max/32avg
    With these settings: 1920x1080, Exclusive Fullscreen, vsync off, TQ high, SQ norm, DofQ high, TFQ 4x, SSAA off, ALTQ default, Parallax on, Image based Reflect on, others off.

It brought the minimum up anyway.

EDIT: Mantle disables the Steam Overlay, so you can't take screenshots.

Does this Mantle and TrueAudio do anything if I'm using Intel processor and nVidia VGA?

Originally Posted by pwyll
    Does this Mantle and TrueAudio do anything if I'm using Intel processor and nVidia VGA?
    Not much.

Nixxes when will you address the shadow bug that many of us are having!?This is ridiculous!

Here's to hoping the 4th patch will have 'Disable Shroud,' 'Disable AI Detection Music,' 'Disable AI Alert Music,' 'Disable Hand Animations (No World Interaction Hand Animations),' 'Heal Hand,' 'Disable Object/Item Interaction Head Bobbing and Head/View Affixation,' 'Disable Zombie Hands,' 'Enable T1/T2 Style Lockpicking (Hold Mouse Button),' 'Enable T1/T2 Arrow Flight Physics,' 'Enable KO *Bonks*,' 'Enable 1:1 Player-to-Game Relationship (No Animations Taking Over Player Control or Forcing Player Movement/Posture/Camera Up/Down/Left/Right),' 'Enable Jump Freedom,' 'Enable Lean Freedom,' 'Enable Rope Arrow Freedom,' 'Enable Footstep Sounds Variety Pack® (Be Careful of What You Walk On),' 'Enable Fully Gradient Shadows,' 'Enable T1/T2 Fully Gradient Visibility Gem," 'Enable Color,' and add a Cheat menu after you've beat the game so you can try different arrow types you couldn't use while playing the campaign, jump to missions/quests/map locations, etc.

Cheers!

Originally Posted by DarknessFalls
    Here's to hoping the 4th patch will have 'Disable Shroud,' 'Disable AI Detection Music,' 'Disable AI Alert Music,' 'Disable Hand Animations (No World Interaction Hand Animations),' 'Heal Hand,' 'Disable Object/Item Interaction Head Bobbing and Head/View Affixation,' 'Disable Zombie Hands,' 'Enable T1/T2 Style Lockpicking (Hold Mouse Button),' 'Enable T1/T2 Arrow Flight Physics,' 'Enable KO *Bonks*,' 'Enable 1:1 Player-to-Game Relationship (No Animations Taking Over Player Control or Forcing Player Movement/Posture/Camera Up/Down/Left/Right),' 'Enable Jump Freedom,' 'Enable Lean Freedom,' 'Enable Rope Arrow Freedom,' 'Enable Footstep Sounds Variety Pack® (Be Careful of What You Walk On),' 'Enable Fully Gradient Shadows,' 'Enable T1/T2 Fully Gradient Visibility Gem," 'Enable Color,' and add a Cheat menu after you've beat the game so you can try different arrow types you couldn't use while playing the campaign, jump to missions/quests/map locations, etc.

Cheers!

You might as well just create your own Thief game... nice wishlist for a sequel, but for a patch...

I'd be happy if they managed to fix the most irritating and glaring sound issues, some AI bugs, the shadow glitch, the save-reload system issues and give a few other additional tweaks and options here and there.

while doing a research on the TrueAudio tecnology I found this:
    On a final note, we wanted to impress that AMD TrueAudio technology is compatible with any audio hardware you already own. AMD TrueAudio enters the audio chain at the application level, long before sound ever reaches your audio chip or audio endpoint (e.g. headphones). Whether you have integrated audio on the motherboard, a discrete sound card, or a standalone USB headset, AMD TrueAudio is already part and parcel of the audio stream that’s being fed to these devices by the game’s audio engine - See more at: http://community.amd.com/community/a....Ff2ppMOC.dpuf
    I have a Creative Audigy 2 ZS sound card and this card have a DSP chip. Does that mean I can enable TrueAudio in the game even if I don't have a Radeon vidcard ? I have a eVGA GeForce GTX 570HD 2.5GB vidcard.

Originally Posted by Teagle
    Was wondering if there had been any progress on the many wonderful and varied sound problems which are keeping many of us from playing the game?
    I too would like to know, as I was one of the mugs that actually paid for this POS.

@Teagle, wonderfull? really? let me translate for you "Was wondering if there had been any progress on the many "f**ing annoying and sh**t arse" sound problems currently plaging this game...

@Nixxes, where is the option to enable TrueAudio as I can't see it

Originally Posted by b1k3rdude
    I too would like to know, as I was one of the mugs that actually paid for this POS.

@Teagle, wonderfull? really? let me translate for you "Was wondering if there had been any progress on the many "f**ing annoying and sh**t arse" sound problems currently plaging this game...

@Nixxes, where is the option to enable TrueAudio as I can't see it
    It's nice to see that your sarcasm detector went *beep**beep* while you were reading Teagle's remark. You totally did find the humour in it...

Have you perchance fixed anything from this list?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/239160...9191487020989/

I like this third patch. While I own an Intel CPU and and Nvidia Geeforce card, it still managed to make the game faster and somewhat more balanced to me.

But we need that patch for the audio problems and the AI update baaad!

Nixxes, just give us some damn answer in regards to all the bugs!It's been impossible to play the game properly with the shadow bug which is clearly not based on the hardware if you think that we are "below system requirements", it is based on something you bunch have done during development. The question is when will you finally decide to do something about it?