Page 9 of 9 First First ... 56789

Thread: AUDIO ISSUES - collecting them to one place for the developers (for patchwork).

AUDIO ISSUES - collecting them to one place for the developers (for patchwork).

So ... how's that sound patch coming along?

You know, the one that will fix the horrendous sonic issues with this game? Those issues that never should have been present in a triple A release in the first place?

Hi wondering anyone have working Trueaudio ? been install / uninstall driver, checked files integrity etc no avail ... so I guess this is it ...1.6 is the final?

Originally Posted by Burbles
    So ... how's that sound patch coming along?

You know, the one that will fix the horrendous sonic issues with this game? Those issues that never should have been present in a triple A release in the first place?
    Not coming, probably. I'm not surprised.

NPC 3D positional audio is atrocious. in the very beginning of the game the guy snoring on the bed... the sounds he is making are coming from EVERY SPEAKER, not just the speaker corresponding to his position in the 3D world, not even proportionally louder from the corresponding speaker... every damn speaker in my 5.1 setup has this guy snoring at times...

And then the roof top scene where you meet the girl... she's literally standing there directly in front of me yet her voice is coming the loudest from the 2 rear speakers behind me and not at all from the front center channel speaker two feet in front of me...

and if the whole game is like this... sheer incompetence.

UPDATE
    just quit after an hour of playing...
    not even conversations NPCs have with each other in the 3D world come from the corresponding speakers...
    seems the whole game IS like this...

They are looking into it. Be patient.

Wrong...

Originally Posted by argan1985
    They are looking into it. Be patient.
    Honestly, neither of us has proof either way. However, in six patches they have yet to fix an issue that has been in the game since day 1. I just wish the devs would communicate with us, give us some kind of idea.

Sarcasm. I doubt they're ever going to fix it.

Originally Posted by argan1985
    Sarcasm. I doubt they're ever going to fix it.
    Well guys, I already gave it up. I sent messages, I made this list, but that's all I could do. If the devs will do something about it, then happy days, if not...well at least it won't get any worse. Though I think that the support cycle for the game has come to an end. I wonder what the Thief team is working on right now. Not on dlcs for Thief. That's for sure.

Originally Posted by GimmeDaGun
    Well guys, I already gave it up. I sent messages, I made this list, but that's all I could do. If the devs will do something about it, then happy days, if not...well at least it won't get any worse. Though I think that the support cycle for the game has come to an end. I wonder what the Thief team is working on right now. Not on dlcs for Thief. That's for sure.

Yeah I shelved this game already. About a much as you can with a digital copy. A shame that the Thief franchise was treated like this and shame I won't ever buy another Eidos/Square Enix game again. Same with Ubi Soft the way they handled that Watch_Dogs debacle.

Thief has been uninstalled. the audio is utterly broken... I'll check back in the future and see if it's fixed, if it isn't, well...

music just gone

Hi all,

has this one been mentioned before?

My music has totally ceased to be. When I see the main menu, the game is silent. Cut scenes have no voice (as they are tied to the music).

I have no idea why - it worked for about two hours of gaming .... then, somewhere at the beginning of chapter 2, the music just vanished.....

Game is unplayable.... because I cannot hear what Basso has to say to Garrett... I turned on subtext, but it will not display :-(

Any help would be appreciated.

Werfer

Any Help...

Originally Posted by werfer
    Hi all,

has this one been mentioned before?

My music has totally ceased to be. When I see the main menu, the game is silent. Cut scenes have no voice (as they are tied to the music).

I have no idea why - it worked for about two hours of gaming .... then, somewhere at the beginning of chapter 2, the music just vanished.....

Game is unplayable.... because I cannot hear what Basso has to say to Garrett... I turned on subtext, but it will not display :-(

Any help would be appreciated.

Werfer
    Hey,
    Just a heads up, we in the audio section have been waiting for an audio fix since the game was released. With the audio issues, we agree it is game breaking, not just with your issue but ours also.
    The only reason the game is still installed on my computer is in hopes (idiotically of me) that there will be a magical patch that actually fixes the issue.
    We cannot get ahold of the developers and the mods have done their best to contact the developers for us with no return. Honestly, all hope is lost with me, but if I uninstall the game I might never notice a new patch when I log into Steam.
    Honestly, my only suggestion however, is to uninstall the game and make sure no remnants remain in your system registry, then reinstall the game again. Make sure all your sound drivers are up to date then start the game over again. Perhaps do an Integrity check on Steam in case you have a corrupt file... do that step first actually.
    However, don't hold your breath. Odds are there won't be a patch and I am just a fool for keeping it installed.
    Try Alien: Isolation. That game is pure art, and with all settings maxed out, it runs like silk stalkings. Best of luck and hopefully you can get YOUR audio issue fixed with a few simple steps. I'll check back if you need any further help..

Just booted this game up again after almost a year (after a new windows install and new game install).

Aaaaaaand I'm sorry to say the game's audio is still terrible. The subtitles don't match the audio, positional audio is completely broken and so on.

No progress after a year, there is no hope. For me, this makes the game unplayable because I'm constantly being taken out of immersion. Just played Last of Us on PS4, the audio was absolutely beautiful.
    Playing this makes me depressed and has ruined pre-ordering games for me. No more.

Originally Posted by GimmeDaGun
    [B]
    - Several times the voices of the NPCs are not coming from the direction they are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=AwTVug3C3T0
    As well as the one you listed I also got one in the house of blossoms here https://youtu.be/68KwqN2k91c the ambient sound just totally cuts out in this position.

If audio position and volume are critical in ANY genre, it's this one. It's a shame because the game is quite good otherwise. Why ignore the sound problems after clearly putting a lot of care into other parts of the game? I'll bet fixing the problems would cost less than the future sales you lose by giving yourselves a bad reputation.
    Last edited by cofapwe; 26th May 2015 at 18:13.

If I load a new game from the clock tower, the noise of the gears can be heard in the background until I reboot the PS3. I had a similar problem with a ticking clock in a different level.

Page 9 of 9 First First ... 56789