View Poll Results: What's your favourite "contemporary" ( first-person) Stealth-Game?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thief (2014)

13 22.81%
  • Dishonored

11 19.30%
  • The Dark Mod

25 43.86%
  • Other ( post in comments)

8 14.04%
Page 12 of 12 First First ... 289101112

Thread: What's your favourite "contemporary" ( first-person) Stealth-Game?

What's your favourite "contemporary" ( first-person) Stealth-Game?

Originally Posted by Jito463
    Speaking personally, I define it as garbage.
    May I seek further clarification please.
    Why do you see it as 'garbage'? Is it because it has no particular rules or specific goals?

To me its essentially a platform in which to add our own imagination and whims. I can see why it is popular.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

It's a game of the imagination.

Originally Posted by Viktoria
    May I seek further clarification please.
    Why do you see it as 'garbage'? Is it because it has no particular rules or specific goals?

To me its essentially a platform in which to add our own imagination and whims. I can see why it is popular.
    While I'm not one to define how good a game is by it's graphics (I still love to play old 90's era games), I find the cheap use of "retro" graphics in that game to be overbearing and ridiculous. It's 2014, people. If you can't create better graphics than that using modern tools at our disposal, you don't deserve to have your product be called a game.

Hence my definition.

I actually find Minecraft's graphics quite appealing. The nature of the game (everything is made out of blocks) doesn't work very well with high definition textures- the HD texture packs you can download (like the one below) just don't look right because the game world itself is still blocky. So I guess the graphics make sense in the context of the game.

The worst thing about Minecraft, imo, is it's fanbase. For some reason it is incredibly popular with 10-15 year olds, which for me is the most annoying age.

Originally Posted by knox140
    The worst thing about Minecraft, imo, is it's fanbase. For some reason it is incredibly popular with 10-15 year olds, which for me is the most annoying age.
    Nah, Minecraft's fanbase is awesome across the age board.
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

I am not worried about physical age... its the mental age that matters.

Originally Posted by Jito463

Hence my definition.
    Thank you for clarification.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Page 12 of 12 First First ... 289101112