Thread: Money\Point system, HUD settings, etc.

Money\Point system, HUD settings, etc.

Please give us the option to toggle the HUD\point display off. Or make it off by default (preferred). It was pretty obnoxious and intrusive to have it constantly taking up screen space to notify you of every point increase\decrease.

It also discourages players from playing how they want if they constantly see penalties for things like killing innocents or being spotted. I really hope you go back to the previous games money system, instead of points, and only show it at the end of the level. Also let us buy items and upgrades with that money like in Blood Money.
    There's a bullet for everyone.. And a time.. And a place..

Quote Originally Posted by Itsrob View Post
    Please give us the option to toggle the HUD\point system off. Or make it off by default (preferred). It was pretty obnoxious and intrusive to have it constantly taking up screen space to notify you of every point increase\decrease.

It also discourages players from playing how they want if they constantly see penalties for things like killing innocents or being spotted. I really hope you go back to the previous games money system, instead of points, and only show it at the end of the level. Also let us buy items and upgrades with that money like in Blood Money.
    I too liked the money system and will be very disappointed if the point system returns. I also think that IO should give you at least 2 free knockouts/kills before penalizing you (like in BM) and kills that look like accidents definitely should not count as a penalty (whether it is against a civilian or otherwise). Sometimes when you really need a disguise, you gotta do what you gotta do.

i do like the money 'system'

i don't hate the idea of having a point system as well... but i think they need to find a way to not penalize people for taking their time... maybe just have an option like in the beginning it could ask you... "are you going for speed?" if the answer is no then speed will not be taken into account - then they could work on the other details of the point system and that way it wouldn't penalize people taking their time

there is something to be said for people who take their time to accomplish a mission

finding a way to do something fast is fun too

but it changes the dynamic

there should be an option

also - i do think there should be an option in the settings menu to hide the point system all together as well... it can affect the way people play the game, and sometimes is a distraction

I didn't have a problem with the point system as I would always ignore it. I do think it was very obtrusive. I don't think we need to keep being told how much a headshot is worth, a simple chart at the end of the level is good enough.

Keep in mind, I just mean the visible display on your screen showing your points and every increase and decrease. It should still be shown at the end of the level.
    There's a bullet for everyone.. And a time.. And a place..

As far as speed goes, there should just be a 'speed bonus' for completing the mission within a set time, differing for each level. Let's say, 7 minutes for a small mission like the opera house or Death of a Showman, 15 minutes for a medium size one, and about 20 minutes for a larger level. Only if you complete within the specified time would you get the speed bonus cash/points, and the bonus would be the same.

Take 20 mins on a level where the speed bonus is 10 mins? No bonus.
    Take 9 mins? Cool, here's an extra $2000.
    Take 1 minute? Nope, still $20000.

This would make things a bit more balanced. I know, it's not the perfect solution, but would you rather have this? Or give someone more points/money for rushing through a level in 2 mins killing everyone, rather than taking their time and doing it without kills and with minimal KOs?

Please remove any points or score displays, they ruin the game and make it less realistic, and more like a arcade game. The screen should be free and not have a mini map, ugly weapon/instincts ui.. just make it like bloodmoney again!

Quote Originally Posted by Derangedxzombie View Post
    Please remove any points or score displays, they ruin the game and make it less realistic, and more like a arcade game. The screen should be free and not have a mini map, ugly weapon/instincts ui.. just make it like bloodmoney again!
    The HUD for Blood Money was ugly. I feel like Hitman 2 handled it better.