View Poll Results: How many points would you give Thief? (The higher, the better)

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 Point

5 7.69%
  • 2 Points

4 6.15%
  • 3 Points

7 10.77%
  • 4 Points

5 7.69%
  • 5 Points

5 7.69%
  • 6 Points

14 21.54%
  • 7 Points

7 10.77%
  • 8 Points

14 21.54%
  • 9 Points

1 1.54%
  • 10 Points

3 4.62%
Page 8 of 8 First First ... 45678

Thread: Eidos community ranks Thief

Eidos community ranks Thief

Originally Posted by knox140
    Thought you were talking about the forum's taff for a moment...

LMAO. Thankfully, my bf knows I'm talking about him... so no hard feelings to our taff.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Originally Posted by Viktoria
    He's one of the Woodsie Lord's most beautiful creations.
    Originally Posted by knox140
    Thought you were talking about the forum's taff for a moment...
    Still not an entirely inaccurate statement.

Originally Posted by InDIGnation
    Still not an entirely inaccurate statement.
    I can see that one day this will bloom into a beautiful relationship

I love happy endings.
    signature image

I have not yet played the game so I cannot vote, but after reading the thread I wanted to add this:

From all I have read of reviews and what the game is like, it seems that the new Thief is a decent (but not great) stealth game that is technically adequate (but again somewhat limiting), and that the story and world are very bland and strip out much of the flavor of the original series. This is very much in line with what I was expecting. To me, such a game would be a 6-7 or so on the ratings.

The key point, however, is that a Thief game of this type, rating a 7 is still an absolute failure in terms of what many fans wanted. (yes, there are some who love it, and if so...great, but there is still a large portion of the fan base who are unhappy) A worthy successor to the original titles should be given a nearly unanimous 8+ by its core fanbase, and that is not the case, for reasons posted by others here, and in the critical reviews.

The game may not be BAD, per se, but that does not mean the EM has fulfilled the expectations of the majority of the Thief fan-base. Worse, having a title like this may very well mean that those of us who truly wanted a return to the City, with all of the factions, flavors, and lore, may not ever get that.

I will buy the game when it is on sale for < $10, and perhaps I will change my mind, but it surely seems that, as a successor to one of the most beloved video game series of all time, EM's vision falls far short of what it should have been.

Fair observations made; despite having not yet played.
    I found Thief to be a lot of fun to play (more than TDS) - and I will fire it up again once my bf has finished his first playthrough. He's really enjoying it btw - he's a total newbie to the franchise.

Anyway, when you do decide to purchase - I hope you have as much fun as I did.
    signature image

Originally Posted by Viktoria
    Fair observations made; despite having not yet played.
    I found Thief to be a lot of fun to play (more than TDS) - and I will fire it up again once my bf has finished his first playthrough. He's really enjoying it btw - he's a total newbie to the franchise.

Anyway, when you do decide to purchase - I hope you have as much fun as I did.
    Awesome...yes...I had 40 hours of mostly fun. Have you written your review yet? I'd like to hear your details. nm...I see you have posted your review...am going to love reading it I'm sure.

Yeah, my review is in the "fan review" thread.... hope you found it useful.
    signature image

Page 8 of 8 First First ... 45678