Page 3 of 8 First First 1234567 ... Last

Thread: Essential tweaks and fixes for the PC version.

Essential tweaks and fixes for the PC version.

Fix of stutter didn't work with me
    The only solution was work was this:

"bUseBackgroundLevelStreaming=FALSE"
    "UsePriorityStreaming=FALSE"
    "OnlyStreamInTextures=TRUE"

But when i do this the texture not load 100% like this topic : http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=141889

So do you know any another solution ??

Originally Posted by Ali_S
    Fix of stutter didn't work with me
    The only solution was work was this:

"bUseBackgroundLevelStreaming=FALSE"
    "UsePriorityStreaming=FALSE"
    "OnlyStreamInTextures=TRUE"

But when i do this the texture not load 100% like this topic : http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=141889

So do you know any another solution ??
    Try this:

Keep "bUseBackgroundLevelStreaming=False", but change the other ones to their default values "UsePriorityStreaming=True", "OnlyStreamInTextures=False".

Tell me how it goes!
    "When the progress of time ceases, the evil one will be pointed out for all to see."

I still dont get it, i rename the win64 to win64backup, ok i got that, but on win32 is it going to be 2 folders like win32 -copy and the paste of win32 that will be renamed to win64, im kinda confused atm is it 3 folders like win64backup, win32 - copy and win64 or is it just 2 folders like win64backup and win64 (that was the original win32 - copy), can you show me a pic of how its supposed to look like in the steam folder, thanks

Originally Posted by VORTEXWARE
    I still dont get it, i rename the win64 to win64backup, ok i got that, but on win32 is it going to be 2 folders like win32 -copy and the paste of win32 that will be renamed to win64, im kinda confused atm is it 3 folders like win64backup, win32 - copy and win64 or is it just 2 folders like win64backup and win64 (that was the original win32 - copy), can you show me a pic of how its supposed to look like in the steam folder, thanks
    You end up with 3 folders.

Rename win64 to win64backup, this is folder 1.
    Copy win32 to win32 - copy, this is folder 2
    Rename win32 to win64, this is folder 3.

Simples.

BTW this 100% sorted my game out, I'm now running maxed everything including ssaa!!!!

Still haven't figured out why the anti aliasing doesn't seem to be working though... Yet to try hard setting it in the driver again. I suspect my driver install is borked. I'll reinstall sometime and I may even try the beta driver too...
    Thief 5 creation instructions: Play thief 2, play again, pay UDK4 or idTech 6 licence, employ engine programmers who are able to code jumping physics, listen to fans not ubisoft

AWESOME, thank you very much Taff, thats the answer i am looking for, i been playing the game with like low settings, after doing this can i go back to normal or does it still have to be low settings with all the stuff unchecked?

I hope that a new patch will come out to sort out stuttering. I'm on Windows 7 64bit, i3, 4GB RAM and nVidia 460 GTX and I play on Low settings on 1280x720@100. Normal settings make the game unplayable - very low FPS.

Right now I cannot change my video card but do you think if I add 4GB more RAM I could at least load the better textures?

Originally Posted by Verrenus
    Try this:

Keep "bUseBackgroundLevelStreaming=False", but change the other ones to their default values "UsePriorityStreaming=True", "OnlyStreamInTextures=False".

Tell me how it goes!
    I did this but look:

The cuz of stutter is this line: bUseBackgroundLevelStreaming=XXXX
    This was first problem

The second problem is Shadows Glitch : http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=141765

So do you know any solution for those 2 problems ?
    I really didn't play this tell now i can't play from stutter, if i fixed, i can't play at unload textures
    huh... if they tell us there will be patch for those problem it would be good for many players

After doing the 64 bit to 32 bit conversion and turning on exclusive fullscreen i followed these settings:
    Thief Settings
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Fullscreen: Yes
    Exclusive Fullscreen: Yes
    Resolution: 1920x1080 (tried lower ones at first, but this works fine now)
    Refresh Rate: 60 Hz (only option for me)
    Vsync: Off

Texture Quality: Very High (tried lower settings at first, but this works perfect now)
    Shadow Quality: Low
    Depth-of-field Quality: Normal
    Texture Filtering Quality: Default
    SSAA: Off
    Screenspace Reflection: Off
    Parallax Occlusion Mapping: Off
    FXAA: Off
    Contact Hardening Shadows: Off
    Tessellation: Off

Only thing i had to change was the Texture quality, the guide says you can go Very high, if you do the game does look nice but everytime you load a chapter or a cut-scene the game stutters so i switched it to Normal and seems to be working smooth now, i guess it depends on the video card, i have 3 GTX 470's in SLI and in my opinion this game should work flawlessly in max settings, i guess they still need a patch to fix this

Are there still problems with the game stuttering? do they have any plans to fix it with a patch? any work around?

Only thing i had to change was the Texture quality, the guide says you can go Very high, if you do the game does look nice but everytime you load a chapter or a cut-scene the game stutters so i switched it to Normal and seems to be working smooth now, i guess it depends on the video card, i have 3 GTX 470's in SLI and in my opinion this game should work flawlessly in max settings, i guess they still need a patch to fix this

Are there still problems with the game stuttering? do they have any plans to fix it with a patch? any work around?
    The game runs flawlessly for me on a single 670 GTX at maximum settings (minus SSAA, which I've turned off) after using the 32-bit executable fix. However, given that your system features 3-way SLI and that there isn't yet an optimised SLI profile available for THIEF, the game just doesn't make use of your multiple GPUs effectively. That's why it plays that way for you - it's like playing THIEF with a single 470 GTX, which isn't that powerful a card anymore!

However, I've got this fix for you to try: go to THIEF's profile in Nvidia Inspector (get it from here if you don't have it already: http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/..._download.html) and add the code "0x000540F5" to the DirectX 11 SLI field. Save the profile, try the game again and report back!
    "When the progress of time ceases, the evil one will be pointed out for all to see."

Any tweaks to fix the missing sounds (thunder, etc)?

Originally Posted by Burbles
    Any tweaks to fix the missing sounds (thunder, etc)?
    None that I know of at the moment, sorry! However, you might still want to choose "Headphones" in the audio settings menu, instead of "Speakers", because the volume mixing is apparently better on that setting!

Did you see my last reply Verrenus ??

Thanks for the reply Verenus, i remember back in the day when using a Crossfire or SLI was the THING, basically no game could touch you and the fps was through the roof, i guess in today's games running SLI aint the best thing ever, if Thief isnt using the full capacity of my 3 video cards i will probably try and disable SLI and see how it goes, but to be honest i have played it last night with Texture quality set to Normal and it ran smooth till i went to bed.
    Not gonna lie but i have used Nvidia Inspector in order to correct the COD Ghosts scope flickering when using SLI, this was back in November when Ghosts was basically unplayable if you were an SLI user, i hated going back and fourth between settings because Inspector fixed my scope flicker but when playing other games it messed them up, i will try a single video card and see how i do tonight, and il report back; hope they make a profile for SLI already!!!!

Did you see my last reply Verrenus ??
    Yup, I did! It seems this problem does not affect just you, there's other people with quite capable hardware suffering from the same problem.

I would suggest trying to update DirectX to the latest version (http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downl...ils.aspx?id=35) and Microsoft Visual Studio (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019667). These things are also required for playing other games as well, so it doesn't hurt to have them updated to their latest versions!

Keep posting on the shadow/texture glitch thread so Nixxes know this is still unresolved!

Thanks for the reply Verenus, i remember back in the day when using a Crossfire or SLI was the THING, basically no game could touch you and the fps was through the roof, i guess in today's games running SLI aint the best thing ever, if Thief isnt using the full capacity of my 3 video cards i will probably try and disable SLI and see how it goes, I will try a single video card and see how i do tonight, and il report back; hope they make a profile for SLI already!!!!
    Glad to hear that THIEF is running for you at least on Normal Texture Quality, even though your setup really should perform better than that! As I've said, it's probably just a problem with the SLI profile being unoptimized (THIEF is in fact an AMD-sponsored title...), that's why I've recommended you try that value for the SLI DX 11 bit. If you're already familiar with Nvidia Inspector, then this should be a piece of cake for you and you can always revert to the default values of the profile, so there's no worries of messing anything up permanently. I say give the code a try and if it doesn't improve things, just try disabling SLI and play the game on a single card until Nvidia release an optimised profile for it!

Yup, I did! It seems this problem does not affect just you, there's other people with quite capable hardware suffering from the same problem.

I would suggest trying to update DirectX to the latest version (http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downl...ils.aspx?id=35) and Microsoft Visual Studio (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019667). These things are also required for playing other games as well, so it doesn't hurt to have them updated to their latest versions!

Keep posting on the shadow/texture glitch thread so Nixxes know this is still unresolved!
    I have those installed already
    The graphic glitch as i said before it happen if i resolve stutter issue
    And shadow glitch happen to many players but Nixxes told us: know that the issue has been forwarded to our devs for further investigation.
    And we still waiting, i hope they tell us at least release date of next update

I have those installed already
    The graphic glitch as i said before it happen if i resolve stutter issue
    And shadow glitch happen to many players but Nixxes told us: know that the issue has been forwarded to our devs for further investigation.
    And we still waiting, i hope they tell us at least release date of next update
    Nixxes have just come back with a fix for the shadow glitch/low texture rezzing issues!

Apparently besides updating your drivers to the latest version you need to make sure that THIEF uses your dedicated GPU and not the CPU-integrated one (such as the Intel HD 4600 which comes with the latest Intel CPUs)!

First of all, please check that your monitor is plugged into your dedicated GPU's HDMI/DVI/Display Port and not into one of the motherboard's outputs! Secondly, make sure that your dedicated GPU is the primary GPU that your machine uses. This can be done either by marking the GPU as primary in the Nvidia Control Panel or by disabling the integrated GPU via the BIOS (you can also set your dedicated GPU to primary within the BIOS itself if the Control Panel route does not work for you)!

Please try this fix and report back!

Nixxes have just come back with a fix for the shadow glitch/low texture rezzing issues!

Apparently besides updating your drivers to the latest version you need to make sure that THIEF uses your dedicated GPU and not the CPU-integrated one (such as the Intel HD 4600 which comes with the latest Intel CPUs)!

First of all, please check that your monitor is plugged into your dedicated GPU's HDMI/DVI/Display Port and not into one of the motherboard's outputs! Secondly, make sure that your dedicated GPU is the primary GPU that your machine uses. This can be done either by marking the GPU as primary in the Nvidia Control Panel or by disabling the integrated GPU via the BIOS (you can also set your dedicated GPU to primary within the BIOS itself if the Control Panel route does not work for you)!

I personally don't have another GPU or an integrated one.What should I do then?I really want to fix this issue and it's bugging me so much that it's insane!

Originally Posted by Hisani
    I personally don't have another GPU or an integrated one.What should I do then?
    If you're absolutely sure you don't, then keep posting in the dedicated thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=141889) and provide Nixxes with the necessary files so their tech experts can examine what might be wrong!

If you're absolutely sure you don't, then keep posting in the dedicated thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=141889) and provide Nixxes with the necessary files so their tech experts can examine what might be wrong!
    I provided all the files I could in the thread regarding the shadow bug(Which is what I have)!

Basically this not fix, because most of players not play at Intel HD GPUs, they play with Nvidia or AMD GPUs
    And i don't have another GPU
    And still have 2 issues

Basically this not fix, because most of players not play at Intel HD GPU, they play with Nvidia or AMD
    And i don't have another GPU
    And still have 2 issues
    I think it may be an issue related precisely to that case.Our case with this
    - http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=141765 still goes unfixed.
    http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=141894 - this is where I posted my information.
    And I was about to get happy that I could finally play the game with shadows properly working, a sad day indeed.

Ali_S and Hisani, can you please post your complete system specifications? If you don't know them, just post the contents of the DxDiag file.

Mine were posted in the last thread I linked,they didn't change.
    I got no clue how to find out the Motherboard though because it's been so long that I checked that but I'm pretty dang sure it does not have an integrated GPU because I just checked the NVIDIA control panel, there's only ONE GPU selecteable, the main one.It's also the one my monitor is plugged into.And the bug that is in the rezzing thread is different to the one I experience.

Originally Posted by Hisani
    Mine were posted in the last thread I linked,they didn't change.
    Right, got them here:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 545 3.00GHz
    RAM: 4 GB
    GPU: NVIDIA 9800 GT, driver - 334.89, latest non-beta driver

Well then, it would seem your issue is of a hardware nature: the 9800 GT is a 6-year-old GPU that falls below the game's minimum specifications, meaning that bugs and glitches such as the ones you are experiencing are pretty much guaranteed to happen. Your CPU is also a 5-year-old dual-core, whereas THIEF really needs a quad-core to run decently! I'm sorry, but your only bet is to overhaul your entire rig at this point.

Right, got them here:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 545 3.00GHz
    RAM: 4 GB
    GPU: NVIDIA 9800 GT, driver - 334.89, latest non-beta driver

Well then, it would seem your issue is of a hardware nature: the 9800 GT is a 6-year-old GPU that falls below the game's minimum specifications, meaning that bugs and glitches such as the ones you are experiencing are pretty much guaranteed to happen. Your CPU is also a 5-year-old dual-core, whereas THIEF really needs a quad-core to run decently! I'm sorry, but your only bet is to overhaul your entire rig at this point.
    Problem is I can run Battlefield 3 for example on High settings, and I can decently run BF4(Not in multiplayer mind you but still), the only thing I may have forgotten to write is it's GeForce 9800 GT.It's still pretty damn decent.Also I'm pretty sure I'm meeting the minimals.Especially since the shadow glitch is not what you may think it is.It looks like an inverted shadow.For example, if I am to stand up next to a candle and turn around, my shadow would be lit up,while everything around me is dark.
    I don't think this is a hardware issue by a long shot.
    At least that's what my 30FPS say when playing this, it clearly still goes through loading shadows just for some reason they get inverted.And that is not a damn hardware bug.If it would be I'd probably not be able to play the game at all.
    There's literally no issue for me with FPS(I run x32 bit version right now while they fix x64bit), it's just the shadows.

Page 3 of 8 First First 1234567 ... Last