Thread: FINAL FANTASY VII PC Support FAQ

FINAL FANTASY VII PC Support FAQ

This forum is no longer for customer support but for reference and discussion only.
    This specific forum section will not be edited but preserved in its current state.
    Should you run into any technical issues, please contact
    Customer Support directly.

-Customer support can be reached via the following links-

Japan: https://support.jp.square-enix.com/c...p?id=7561&la=0
    North America: https://support.na.square-enix.com/c...hp?id=444&la=1
    Europe: https://support.eu.square-enix.com/c...p?id=1379&la=2
    French Language: https://support.eu.square-enix.com/c...hp?id=576&la=3
    German Language: https://support.eu.square-enix.com/c...p?id=2698&la=4

Edited by Grimoire on February 4, 2014.
    -------------------

Hello everyone,

We've created this forum to consolidate the issues related to FINAL FANTASY VII PC that users have been experiencing.

Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) that hopefully will help resolve many of your concerns. We ask that you look over these FAQs before creating a thread or submitting a Support Center ticket.

If you're not able to resolve your concern with the information below or the information laid-out in this forum, please contact our support center or create a thread with as much detailed information on your concern as possible.

FAQ
    I have purchased the game from the SQUARE ENIX Store, but my activation key will not work in the game launcher. What can I do?

1) Log into this website using the "Log in" button in the top right corner of the screen.
    2) Select "Add new game" from the top right corner drop-down menu.
    3) Follow the instructions on screen using the activation key that you have been sent.
    4) Once the game has been added to your Game Shelf, please run the game application again and log in with the account you have just used to register the product.

When launching FINAL FANTASY VII or activating my code on the website I get the following error messages:*"Server error. Please try again."*or*"Your copy of FINAL FANTASY VII (PC) is already registered".*What can I do?
    We have identified an issue that is affecting a small number of people from activating or playing their copy of FINAL FANTASY VII. This issue has now been resolved and the affected customers should expect to receive an email update shortly.

I have purchased the game from the SQUARE ENIX Store, but have not yet received an activation key. What can I do?
    We apologize deeply for this issue: our store servers are experiencing very strong traffic and we are working to fix this in the shortest amount of time.

We endeavor to send an activation key and download link to all those who have purchased the game so far. If you would like to request a refund, please get in contact with our digital distributor Digital River via their website: www.digitalriver.com.

I get "Error*-6005" when trying to activate FINAL FANTASY VII for PC.
    This occurs when the FINAL FANTASY VII for PC launcher is unable to connect to the activation servers. Please disable any firewalls or make sure that you add FINAL FANTASY VII for PC as an exception.

I'm unable to sync my local save with the cloud, what should I do?
    Suggestions we have

===================

1 a. Check to make sure you have properly configured or turned off any of the following:
    Firewall software, Antivirus Software, Parental-Controls, pop-up blocker software, Routers, Proxy Servers, NAT Servers, Internet Connection Sharing services.

1 b. If you are using any kind of software/hardware Internet Sharing service/device the following ports need INCOMING access to your PC. TCP 25, 80, 110, 443 and 1024 - 65535, UDP 53, and 50000 - 65535, also check to make sure that the ports mentioned are not blocked by your ISP for INCOMING access. Proper configuration of any of the above items mentioned should be done by following the instructions in the software/hardware manual or calling the manufacturer's technical support.

2. We recommend turning off any background programs, this should be done using msconfig startup tab.

Proxy servers, and satellite connections may not work correctly.

Your router may require that you use a PC to configure your network settings.

For more information about how to configure your network settings, please refer to the instruction manual that came with your router or contact the manufacturer directly.

If your Internet Service Provider (ISP) specifies a DNS server, you need to make sure to configure your settings to allow packets to pass through UDP Port 53 as well.

For more information, please refer to the instruction manual for your router or the information provided by your ISP.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 22nd May 2014 at 14:44.

The FINAL FANTASY VII PC Support FAQonly applies to European customers.

[2) Select "Add new game" from the top right corner drop-down menu.]

This does not match the SEM NA website. This is how it should be:
    "Click the "Welcome, [your name]" button in the top right corner, then select "Game Registration" from the menu to the right".
    Last edited by Grimoire; 18th Sep 2015 at 15:47.