Thread: Support prophet: Good or a waste of class space?

Support prophet: Good or a waste of class space?

Support prophet: Good or a waste of class space?

I'm currently playing the prophet with Draining Curse and Sacrifice, focusing on staying behind my teammates, doing damage where needed and giving clutch-heals with sacrifice. I've saved quite a bit of lives this way and being able to keep your team topped off while they cover you as you go to a health station seems to work as well.

But it does take away one of the prophets powerful offensive spells. Combine this with Draining Curse that does 'ok' damage as well and the recently nerfed pistol damage on the propthet, do you guys think it is worth going for this build? Or is it better to simply run as an Alchemist with the healing mist?

Originally Posted by Doctoralex
    I'm currently playing the prophet with Draining Curse and Sacrifice, focusing on staying behind my teammates, doing damage where needed and giving clutch-heals with sacrifice. I've saved quite a bit of lives this way and being able to keep your team topped off while they cover you as you go to a health station seems to work as well.

But it does take away one of the prophets powerful offensive spells. Combine this with Draining Curse that does 'ok' damage as well and the recently nerfed pistol damage on the propthet, do you guys think it is worth going for this build? Or is it better to simply run as an Alchemist with the healing mist?
    Alchemist would probably be more useful considering the much easier to use Q bomb of damage vs Draining curse's time sink. Plus damaging yourself with sacrifice means -you- take damage. The only time Sacrifice seems to be a legit option is with multiple heals on the team(And boy does it result in a -butt- ton of healing).

Just reading this line "support" in Nosgoth forums makes my body hurt and my eyes bleed :P. Supports in other games don't gave multi barreled twin pistols that have as much dps as any other class. This is a blood witch that is here to kill vampires.

My point being, it's not a waste of class space it's lack of understanding. You can ofcourse cast your skill, and have a certain setup of skill, but my god, please don't tell me you just sit back and look for clutch heals. Everybody in their right mind will preffer you to be looking for killing stuff while knowing when to cast what.

P.S. Many people need to learn also that it is VEEEEERY bad to banish shot a vamp that just jumped your team alone and has 0.1 seconds of life remaining.
    Have no Fear, Emnity is Here !

Originally Posted by Doctoralex
    do you guys think it is worth going for this build? Or is it better to simply run as an Alchemist with the healing mist?
    yes it is. 10K healing each game is definitely worth it.
    Also Mist sucks.
    signature image

I don't just wait for cluth-heals. As soon as a vampire shows his mug I shoot him. Just that when an ally is desperatly trying to stay alive, I use sacrifice on him to keep him that way. I've saved many hunters that way cause they were able to keep shooting the target. Or saved the occasional Scout cause he was able to stand in his own volley/turret thanks to my heals.

Originally Posted by EmnityFrost
    Just reading this line "support" in Nosgoth forums makes my body hurt and my eyes bleed :P. Supports in other games don't gave multi barreled twin pistols that have as much dps as any other class. This is a blood witch that is here to kill vampires.

My point being, it's not a waste of class space it's lack of understanding. You can ofcourse cast your skill, and have a certain setup of skill, but my god, please don't tell me you just sit back and look for clutch heals. Everybody in their right mind will preffer you to be looking for killing stuff while knowing when to cast what.

P.S. Many people need to learn also that it is VEEEEERY bad to banish shot a vamp that just jumped your team alone and has 0.1 seconds of life remaining.
    As far as I know, the Prophet currently does the lowest DPS of all the classes with all the nerfs to her guns. And her abilities also don't do a lot of damage (compare life-drain to explosive shot/fire wall/ throwing knifes) they just bring some utlity with them.

Drain curse just got a buff to damage and by extension life steal so this build should be stronger. So long as it continues to work for you and your team I see no reason to change it.
    In-game: Sirshua, being a sir everywhere.

Healing mist is actually one of the strongest skills in the game if your team allows you to use it right. It can completely shut down virtually any vampire strategy. That being said, the prophet still have more than enough killing power. People really underestimate the power of healing in this game. 1 second of a long range sacrifice can swing an engagement from 4v3 to 3v4.
    Sausage-Member of 200g-My Twitch Stream, Livesignature image