Thread: THIEF - "HELP!! I'M STUCK !!!!" - General Community Q&A Thread - Warning: Spoilers!

THIEF - "HELP!! I'M STUCK !!!!" - General Community Q&A Thread - Warning: Spoilers!

Originally Posted by ClashWho
    I should note that the thief tools/accessories are only sold by the dealer in the Crippled Burrick and the dealer at Siren's Rest.
    You mean by that one guy who's always in two places at the same time.

Originally Posted by Meridius
    You mean by that one guy who's always in two places at the same time.
    Yeah. Him.

Originally Posted by cyclingg
    I can see the cabinet...I crawled through the window, but I can't get to the cabinet because of the pressure plates. I'm playing on a setting where I can't get hurt...is it possible?

OK...I watched some walkthrough videos...and it looks like,

Originally Posted by arkhanari
    I am replaying the game to ghost it. I am at:

Just disarm the alarm with your wire cutters.

Red Face (Embarrassed) Stuck on getting item 30 ??

I am stuck on Chapter 4: A Friend in Need.

I am trying to get item 30 but I can't run fast enough to reach it before the metal walkway buckles under me and I can't see any other way of getting it, anyone have some advice on this please.
    Ray.

Just disarm the alarm with your wire cutters.
    Oh, wait, you can't do that if you're ghosting, can you. I guess that mission isn't ghostable, then.

can't get up pipe

Originally Posted by Strykewulf
    Climbing? I'm on Escape the Foundry on XBox One,
    ... but how the heck do I get up this pipe???

Edit: Had to load last save. He then climbed the pipe as if there was never a problem
    I have the same problem , But on PC . I have tryed above .
    I can climb the pipe & get down , But i can't go right as i jump off for some reason ?.
    No other keys do any thing . This has bugged me for a few days now .
    Thanks & have a great day .

Ok , worked it out . Had too use arrow keys only for some reason .
    Loving the game now

Originally Posted by cassop
    Still no official word from the devs regarding the Smuggler's Map Eel's End issue?

I swear I spent about 2 hours searching and scanning every nook and cranny in the vicinity of

yesterday, it's super annoying.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can shed some light on this issue.
    I think we've decided that this is an unfinished part of the game.

One of the Basso missions:

Originally Posted by cyclingg

Originally Posted by Rockn-Roll
    I've
    and the game took me to a Great Safe. I have the combination document and I reset the safe and entered the first 3 #'s, but the game won't let me select the next 3 dials. I've tried everything that I can think of...there's a red light flashing on the left side...I suppose it's waiting for me to enter the correct combination, but I entered it. The game won't let me exit or move on...can't cancel out or anything...stuck...help!

OK...I found out how to proceed...looked it up on IGN...the combination is not exactly correct...
    No, the combination is exactly what they wanted it to be:

I need some help regarding Basso´s jobs. After i finished the game, i went to Basso and picked all the jobs he had to offer. At that time, i was given 22 of the jobs if i remember correctly, but after doing all the jobs, i have on the progress 24/25, and client jobs 7/7.

Is there anything i missed? I might have done 2 jobs early during the game for Basso, got 22 when i visited him again after i finished the game, but still i only see 24/25 completed, there is one more i cant get or find.

Anyone know how to solve this ?

Oh, wait, you can't do that if you're ghosting, can you. I guess that mission isn't ghostable, then.
    As per other discussions...official ghosting rules as such...are for the design of a ghosting mission or testing a game against the desired ghosting play style...not for the playing a game as a ghost. OK...here's my important criterion when ghosting a game:

1. All loot must be stolen. If this rule is not followed then the most ghostable mission is one where you just walk past the mission entrance and celebrate the fact that nobody would know you were there...because you weren't. The same with loot that you don't swipe simply because it would violate some rule or other...if you just walk past and don't even try then it's not a 100% completed mission, sure you were a ghost but like I said you weren't even there because the item wasn't stolen at all.

2. Besides the obvious that you must not be recognized...it must look like nobody was there...close all doors, windows, etc....and don't break anything unless there is known to be loot inside...minimize all alerts, but some missions must have at least a distraction to move a guard away from some loot or objective. There is even the rare mission where you absolutely must knock someone out...real ghosts i.e. spooks have been known to cause bodily harm, so it's not unheard of...it's just rare.

Yeah...I've always disagreed with the "official" rules...which are about as official as the paper they are printed on. I only have those two rules which can be summarized as, "What's yours is mine and you won't know anyone, especially not I, was there."

So...am I an idiot for not understanding how knocking people out work? I sneak up behind a guy (jeweller in first chapter), press R to perform a melee attack from behind and knock him out but nothing happens. Until he turns around and notices me, that is, then it Garrett starts swinging, but then it's too late. What am I doing wrong?

Originally Posted by argan1985
    So...am I an idiot for not understanding how knocking people out work? I sneak up behind a guy (jeweller in first chapter), press R to perform a melee attack from behind and knock him out but nothing happens. Until he turns around and notices me, that is, then it Garrett starts swinging, but then it's too late. What am I doing wrong?
    You can't knock people out with the melee swing... you have to use the takedowns.

Are you kidding me? You have to use the takedowns? And here I thought it was confirmed months ago that you could just knock them out like in previous games.

The Thief DNA. Yeah...cinematic takedowns. I am not impressed so far, EM.

Originally Posted by argan1985
    And here I thought it was confirmed months ago that you could just knock them out like in previous games.
    You can... if you do it in combat

What is this I don't even...way to go, EM. Really.

Its in the cabinet that you can hide in for a quick save on the right hand side

Post A few questions remain

I have completed all the main missions the client missions and all of Basso's jobs but there are a few things that I still am working on.
    1. The obelisks with the buttons at the bases, I have found documents ( bait and switches )with numbers on them and one showing Ectors shop so I went back and pressed the buttons in the order on the docs and then went back to Ectors and although the object in the case highlights when using focus I cannot get to it or for that matter use any of my tools or weapons here to any affect. I must obviously be missing something but for the life of me I don't know what.
    2. The smugglers maps, one shows a lever that needs to be pulled in order to access or open a gate or safe or something and although I'm pretty sure I'm looking in the right place I cannot find any levers anywhere. The other shows some bed with a switch over it and I haven't even started to look for that yet.
    3. And lastly. What's with all the candles hidden all around? I can find them using focus and light them with fire arrows and when I do I hear words or names whispered menacingly but I really don't know what if any reason there is for this. What are they for or what am I supposed to do with them?
    Any help on these questions would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Sorry this isn't spoiled I haven't used this board before and don't know how to do that.

stuck in ceremony foom

the brick that leads to laboratory will not react

Originally Posted by sceptre73
    Sorry this isn't spoiled I haven't used this board before and don't know how to do that.
    Quote someone's post that used a spoiler tag and see how they did it. For example, quote my post:

Cant reach a specific secret room

Hello,
    Im a old thief fan, yet new to those forums.

And decided to post here since im currently cant figure out how to reach a specific place, in hopes that the community can help.

The area: South Baron Way - more specific is the area that got yellow face office and the entrance gate to south quarters.
    The area im talking about is the northern section, there is a area that u can climb on top of a crate, walk in a ledge and after jumping across 2 beams, u can peak into a window that shows u a secret room, going around that u can see clearly 2 open windows with ledges and jump distance between them, however i have no idea how to reach that area, after hours of trying and searching.
    Am i missing anything? i would really like some advice on this one.

Originally Posted by SteveRaptor
    Hello,
    Im a old thief fan, yet new to those forums.

And decided to post here since im currently cant figure out how to reach a specific place, in hopes that the community can help.

The area: South Baron Way - more specific is the area that got yellow face office and the entrance gate to south quarters.
    The area im talking about is the northern section, there is a area that u can climb on top of a crate, walk in a ledge and after jumping across 2 beams, u can peak into a window that shows u a secret room, going around that u can see clearly 2 open windows with ledges and jump distance between them, however i have no idea how to reach that area, after hours of trying and searching.
    Am i missing anything? i would really like some advice on this one.
    You may not be far enough in the game to reach these windows. I know the one's your talking about and the was up there is blocked off until later on.
    signature image
    Because boomerangs.

Ah, that might explain that, since i just finished chapter 2...

Thanks for the replay, my mind is now at rest.

Some unanswered questions

First, let me say loved the new incarnation of this great game and hope that there is more to come in either another game or maybe even better some DLC for new jobs like on the old PC versions but anyway the questions.
    I posted this on another thread but didn't get much in the way of a response so I thought I'd start a new thread and see if anything comes of it.
    I don't have the game guide so these answers may be available there I don't know so here goes.

Thanks for any help.

Page 7 of 11 First First ... 34567891011 Last