Page 3 of 11 First First 1234567 ... Last

Thread: THIEF - "HELP!! I'M STUCK !!!!" - General Community Q&A Thread - Warning: Spoilers!

THIEF - "HELP!! I'M STUCK !!!!" - General Community Q&A Thread - Warning: Spoilers!

The whole OP should be enclosed in a spoiler tag.

Done, thank you for pointing that out auric.

Originally Posted by qwert_44643
    Im just in to the main vault and go down the stairs to the main vault and theres 2 handlles(1 on each side of the door),i pull them but nothing happens cant get inside to get the treasure.

How about opening a new sub-forum instead of moving every progress related question in a single thread? This is getting confusing already, especially with all the spoiler tags.

Originally Posted by VIKINGS
    Hello everyone,

Thank you.

Originally Posted by Shard of Truth
    How about opening a new sub-forum instead of moving every progress related question in a single thread? This is getting confusing already, especially with all the spoiler tags.

You will need to contact admin if you think an additional forum is required.
    Afaik, Eidos only ever has one main discussion board and one technical board for each game.

It's just making the best of what we've got. The introduction in first post/first page explains the reasons why we request the use of spoiler tags. Of course... nobody HAS to use them.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

So, chapter one (I guess), when you're heading for the clocktower. After crossing the first street, and getting past the guy standing at the table with the dead guy on it, you're supposed to pick an iron gate and then squeeze past a narrow passage. I can't get into the passage for some reason. Walking up to it doesn't do anything, pressing E doesn't do anything, Spacebar nothing. Have anyone else encountered this problem?

Originally Posted by Knight5923

Still need help with the following however:

Here's a picture of the map http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/...3/Untitled.png
    This is the thirt part of the Smuggler's Map. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated - focus doesn't show anything, and I'm starting to wonder whether the buttons are actually there.

Originally Posted by LeafBasher

Originally Posted by Meji
    Holding E did it, thanks <3

Originally Posted by LeafBasher
    Holding E did it, thanks <3
    No problem. It's a common issue, especially if you are playing with hints/prompts off because the game doesn't explain it otherwise. So in general, on PC, if pressing E doesn't activate/interact with something, either press and hold E or tap E in a QTE style.

Stuck where arrows shoot out when step on pressure plate als

Originally Posted by Knight5923
    If this is the safe in the Eelbiter's house in South Quarter(or Riverside, I can't remember), you have to hop out the window. There's a disarm panel out there.
    I am also stuck where the arrows shoot out at you when you step on a pressure plate. I went back out the window and do not see any disarm panel and I used my focus to double check.

Maybe I am in a different area?

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: I went back to try again. I found how to access the disarm panel; it was not outside the window.

Originally Posted by GQSmoos
    I'm having this problem too. I'm on PS4, however. Throughout the game that I've played so far, I've always pressed L2 to drop, but in these Air Ducts I have pressed every button on my controller and he will simply not drop down.

My only thought is to restart the game with Aerial Attacks enabled, but I don't really want to do that. Please someone tell me I'm just being retarded.
    This is driving me crazy playing XBOX one and am stuck in the air ducts and can't drop down no matter what I press. Anyone got a solution?

Originally Posted by cyclingg

Edit: I went back to try again. I found how to access the disarm panel; it was not outside the window.
    Where was it because I'm having a hell of a time finding it. The wire goes through an inaccessible door it looks.

Originally Posted by TonyDee
    Where was it because I'm having a hell of a time finding it. The wire goes through an inaccessible door it looks.

I am replaying the game to ghost it. I am at:

Originally Posted by cyclingg
    Man I woulda never looked there. Thanks. Seems like this game has a lot of one time use ways of hiding things. The lion heads really aggravated me until I realized how simple it actually was....

Stuck on a pipe in Chapter 2, the Old Foundry

Hi all.

This probably a dumb question, but here goes: Chapter 2, In the old foundry, there is a yard with a poppy flower in the middle and some pipes to climb. This is clearly the way forward, but I'm stuck at the highest point of the pipes. It seems that the player needs to drop down while also swinging to the left to catch another bit of pipe, and I just can't figure out how to do this. All the controls either do nothing, or cause garret to drop straight down a die.

Am I just missing something? Is it a control mapping issue? (I'm playing on a PC with keyboard/mouse) I get that there is a specific control for 'drop', but how the hell do you drop down and swing sideways? I can't seem to jump from the pipe, and the rope/hook thingy isn't deployed, so I can't rappel down.

I've tried this something like 40 times, read every forum I can find. I'm totally out of ideas here. Help please! I feel so stupid.

Ok, I'm trying to find several chapter replay points. Can anyone tell me where the replay point for chapter 1 is? Also, I can't remember where the replay point for the second Vittori mission is, "Happy Medium." I have searched high and low with no luck and I can't seem to find an answer online anywhere either. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Booster Packs DLC Issue

I purchased all three available booster packs for thief on PS4. I downloaded and installed all three. I am at the point where I reached the clock tower for the first time. I had read that all booster pack items purchased will appear in your stash chest in the clock tower. I opened the stash chest and it says no items to display... it's empty. I have none of the items that were supposed to be included in the packs or any of the gold. Is there something else that needs to be done, or is there a point further in the game where the items will appear?

thanks in advance

Originally Posted by WrittenByMatthew
    Ok, I'm trying to find several chapter replay points. Can anyone tell me where the replay point for chapter 1 is? Also, I can't remember where the replay point for the second Vittori mission is, "Happy Medium." I have searched high and low with no luck and I can't seem to find an answer online anywhere either. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    I can't remember the exact locations where it autosaves, I'm pretty sure it's on any transition - ie loading zone. That said if you duck into a closet when you aren't in combat that apparently becomes your new loading point (ie when you reload a game that's where you will be.

Originally Posted by Meji
    I can't remember the exact locations where it autosaves, I'm pretty sure it's on any transition - ie loading zone. That said if you duck into a closet when you aren't in combat that apparently becomes your new loading point (ie when you reload a game that's where you will be.
    No, I'm talking about where in the city you go to replay a previously played chapter. I can't find chapter 1 and the second Vittori mission.

No, I'm talking about where in the city you go to replay a previously played chapter. I can't find chapter 1 and the second Vittori mission.
    I feel your pain brother, been looking for chapter 1 for two days now, dont want to finish game with the fear of collectibles not stacking into next playthrough

Originally Posted by Demon_Devil_Dog
    I feel your pain brother, been looking for chapter 1 for two days now, dont want to finish game with the fear of collectibles not stacking into next playthrough
    I know right, someone's got to know. I can't find an answer anywhere.

I know right, someone's got to know. I can't find an answer anywhere.
    Yeah, was hoping id find the answer here

Originally Posted by glotys
    Need help, I am stuck in the side quest beauty within

Opposite the wall is a wardrobe climb in look to the right and activate focus and you'll see 842 carved into the wood

Page 3 of 11 First First 1234567 ... Last