Page 2 of 11 First First 123456 ... Last

Thread: THIEF - "HELP!! I'M STUCK !!!!" - General Community Q&A Thread - Warning: Spoilers!

THIEF - "HELP!! I'M STUCK !!!!" - General Community Q&A Thread - Warning: Spoilers!

Chapter 2 part 2

Chapter 3 im sorry its Dirty Secrets.
    I cannot get past the podium I finished the prequest and found all 4 symbols but the four symbols do not light up and i tried every combo for the one that is not lit up and it wont take.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9f85hjls82wcoi9/thief.png

Hello.
    It's probably a game bug. But looking at the picture provided it doesn't seem like you have ALL 4 symbols. The 2nd symbol is missing. Try looking at all the symbols again and see if they light up on the disc cuz they should.
    Using focus helps locate symbols in each room. Without focus, it's possible to locate them too but it's a wee bit tedious.

I looked at them all several times would say definally a game bug, First one thus far though not terrible for second day but im just stuck and I cant do anything i've tried literally everything that is possible checked all the rooms twice, And for your comment I completed the quest to find all 4 symbols already and found them again.

Pressure plates "disarming"

I'm doing a side quest and there is a safe with a pressure plate in front and I can't figure out how to disarm them I have all avablie tools wrench, wire cutters, knife any clues ?

I think I know the spot you are referring to, and I got it to work by running back up the ramp a bit and trying again a couple times. Isn't it great to have contextual jumping protecting us from our silly bunny hopping selves?!

Jump over them? Shoot a couple of rope arrows into the ceiling and hop between them to pass the pressure plate? Oh! I got it! Rappel down onto the safe and open it from above!

We can still do this in a Thief game, right? <_<

I have to be able to disarm it when I go into focus I can see red lines in the wall but there is no place I have found to cut the wire. In order for me to unlock the safe I have to stand on it

Razor for paintings

Can anyone tell me where you can find/buy the razor needed to take collectible paintings? The shop vendor outside of Basso's place doesn't sell it and I don't know of any other vendors, nor have I found one anywhere.

Originally Posted by scumm
    Is anyone else finding that they can't drop down off ledges? I'm stuck in the 2nd chapter going through the vents because Garrett won't drop down. I also couldn't drop off the bottom of a rope arrow earlier... Any ideas?

Edit: Found it. Apparently there's a button specifically for dropping down. It's x by default.

Edit 2: Ok, now I'm *really* stuck...

Edit 3: Solved that one too. This time I had to press the 'Cancel Action' button (right mouse button), instead of the drop down button (x).
    Yeah...I had given up after trying 10 times...thanks for posting. Also, I found that if the 'Cancel Action' button is configured for a keyboard key then it has to be pressed twice like a double click before it will work.

Where to buy ammunition?

I want to buy arrows etc.
    where i could but these items?

Thanks in advance.

You most likely have to find a fence to trade with... or rob from?
    I haven't played yet, so can't help you with a definite answer. I'm sure someone else will at some point today.

I know they will remember to use spoiler tags too.
    signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Question Thief

I am stuck in the clock tower and can't get out. When I try and go through the window to Stone Market, it just send me downstairs again. What am I missing?

Thanks, I'll try that tonight

Originally Posted by Talz
    I'm doing a side quest and there is a safe with a pressure plate in front and I can't figure out how to disarm them I have all avablie tools wrench, wire cutters, knife any clues ?
    If this is the safe in the Eelbiter's house in South Quarter(or Riverside, I can't remember), you have to hop out the window. There's a disarm panel out there.

Originally Posted by Kilborn
    Can anyone tell me where you can find/buy the razor needed to take collectible paintings? The shop vendor outside of Basso's place doesn't sell it and I don't know of any other vendors, nor have I found one anywhere.
    It isn't available for purchase until a later chapter. Ch2 I think

Still need help with the following however:
    Originally Posted by Knight5923
    Smuggler's Map: Eel's End
    I've been having no end of trouble with this map. The map shows an illustration of a rope-arrow beam and a waterfall with two buttons just north of Siren's Rest.
    I've found the correct beam, as well as the waterfall, but there are no buttons anywhere. The map shows them being right around the waterfall (one actually behind it), but there's nothing there. I've searched all around the area, and I can't find a thing. Someone please help!!!
    Here's a picture of the map http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/...3/Untitled.png

Need help with bank heist....spoiler please.

Im at the main vault and i cant figure how to get in to get the goal.....can someone help me out with a spoiler please.
    Im in the main vault but the traps keep getting me.

can you be a little more detailed please?

Ahem...

PLEASE still use the spoiler tags in your question AND answers.
    We appreciate it's a bit of hassle, but it allows us to have one thread for helping each other, instead of 100 random threads asking for help, and people looking for help can use the thread without worrying about seeing a spoiler from a place they haven't reached yet.

signature image
    You are only minimally modified. Omar can help you correct this...

Im just in to the main vault and go down the stairs to the main vault and theres 2 handlles(1 on each side of the door),i pull them but nothing happens cant get inside to get the treasure.

How do I get past
    Please advse

Nevermind. Got in and out

Originally Posted by Viktoria
    Ahem...

PLEASE still use the spoiler tags in your question AND answers.
    We appreciate it's a bit of hassle, but it allows us to have one thread for helping each other, instead of 100 random threads asking for help, and people looking for help can use the thread without worrying about seeing a spoiler from a place they haven't reached yet.

Sorry. I had to go and figure out how to do that. First post. I am not use to putting i the codes.

Originally Posted by graysl
    I am stuck in the clock tower and can't get out. When I try and go through the window to Stone Market, it just send me downstairs again. What am I missing?

Originally Posted by dennis9989
    Please help! I can't seem to pick the lock in the prologue. No matter what I do I can't set the tumbler. Playing on PS4 Thanks
    I am playing on the xbox, butt I will give it a shot.
    Hope this helps

Question

Hello everyone,

Thank you.

Page 2 of 11 First First 123456 ... Last